daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:45 AM   #8061
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Well there was a clock on the website measuring time till the website start. That clock showed 00:00:00 like two months ago and then it began going backwards for few weeks until they "updated" the site to what it is now. Hopefully that website is the only so badly managed thing in that project.

So yeah, while I can't say when will it be up, I can definitely say they use quite different definition of "soon" term that I'm familiar with
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:06 AM   #8062
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugbelch View Post
Rememeber that first half-floor on the BK? I know Fury does. I wonder if the new BKv2.0's "hole" eliminated that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
I thought the half-height lowest floor of BK was meant as storage? Or did they actually end up putting the ceiling of Floor B2 too low? ;p

Anyway since this is starting at or above grade, I can't imagine them having that issue here.
I named that 2.05 meter high level (not counting the thickness of level B1 slab) the raft level. It is unused as per the plans. I'm not sure but I envision access to it through a hatch hidden away in some back closet.

Ray.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM   #8063
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Well there was a clock on the website measuring time till the website start. That clock showed 00:00:00 like two months ago and then it began going backwards for few weeks until they "updated" the site to what it is now. Hopefully that website is the only so badly managed thing in that project.

So yeah, while I can't say when will it be up, I can definitely say they use quite different definition of "soon" term that I'm familiar with
I have never clicked myself, but how sure we are that's an official website and not something someone else created?
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 11:16 AM   #8064
patrykus

Then click and you won't be asking these questions.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:18 AM   #8065
Procurify

Likes (Received): 2

I find it interesting how the "build it and they will come" mentality applies to buildings/cities but not much else.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:39 AM   #8066
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procurify View Post
I find it interesting how the "build it and they will come" mentality applies to buildings/cities but not much else.

There was that one movie by Kevin Costner called Field of Dreams where he built it, and they came

4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 02:14 AM   #8067
Maximalist
Only More is More

Likes (Received): 492

And it worked incredibly well with the Bilbao Guggenheim.

Maximalist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 05:01 AM   #8068
M0S
A. Weir

Likes (Received): 965

Hello friends!

There haven't been any updates so I wanted to share these cool pics I found, they are not new, one is even from January! But still, gives a more "intimate" feel to this. I don't remember seeing these here .

"Bored Pile 110 meter length 150 dia"

credit to Cherukadath and Adnan Awan
Buenos días, hace no mucho le agarré de nuevo el hilo al foro de Puebla y he notado que entre ustedes se hacen llamar 'monseñores' y veo que hasta a su gobernador le llaman así. La duda es esa ¿por qué se llaman entre ustedes así? :lol: Se me hace muy gracioso.
Angelis suis Deus mandavit de te ut custodiant te in ómnibus viis tuis
M0S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 10:09 AM   #8069
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

Old pics indeed, but some we didn't see yet
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #8070
Slugbelch

Likes (Received): 29

yes, thanks.
Now we know what is at the hole's center, how deep it is, and how much to add at the end when we know the "official" height
Slugbelch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #8071
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1186

Zhongnan Center in Suzhou is about the same stage at the moment AFAIK. Let's see who is better at building behemoths, the Chinese or Arabs Of course the structure of the buildings as well as foundation/core are different, nonetheless it is nice to see such monsters rising up simultaneously.
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #8072
patrykus

Not exactly at the same stage. The ZC still haven't started excavation and that will take some time, then they need to pour the raft foundation, and finally build up all underground levels and it will only then be on the same stage as the Kingdom Tower is right now.

Old July 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #8073
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8364

Is Zhongnan center about a year behind? With KT being 300m taller they might top out at a similar time.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #8074
patrykus

They might although with such differences in height and progress it's rather hard to predict. Still, my guess is kingdom tower have some good chance winning that race.

Old July 4th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #8075
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8364

The developers of KT themselves claim to finish until 2019, which i think they will fail, but still is one year earlier to ZC's proposed finish. Maybe early 2020 KT opens and late 2020 ZC does. Really hard to predict though, any difference in rising speed may change completion date by years.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #8076
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6560

2019 is ambitious indeed. Lets see how much faster KT will rise in comparison to BK.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #8077
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 332

Man that's a deep central hole. Thanks for sharing the pics as some of those are new to us.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 11:28 PM   #8078
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3252

Amazing! The central core foundation must be 8-10 meters thick!!!!
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014, 03:08 AM   #8079
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3252

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkseg1ops View Post
Zhongnan Center in Suzhou is about the same stage at the moment AFAIK. Let's see who is better at building behemoths, the Chinese or Arabs Of course the structure of the buildings as well as foundation/core are different, nonetheless it is nice to see such monsters rising up simultaneously.
More like Kingdom Tower vs. Greenland Center would be a better competition. Two triangle core racing to go past the 600 meter mark.

BarbaricManchurian liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #8080
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
The developers of KT themselves claim to finish until 2019, which i think they will fail, but still is one year earlier to ZC's proposed finish. Maybe early 2020 KT opens and late 2020 ZC does. Really hard to predict though, any difference in rising speed may change completion date by years.
Wally, Do You think this will go full Height? I look to you for this kind of Knowledge

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest