daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #11021
Bewal

Likes (Received): 19

Thank you all for your opinions!
mareks96 - I agree with you that we should not assume that we know everything. The world is amazing and full of mysteries!

I hope this picture will suit all

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:31 AM   #11022
londonfai

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalecki View Post

Actually this is not confirmed even though we as Architects been taught this BS for quite some time.This method had never been proven or replicated. I don't want to delve to deep into the explanation on why this is a BS theory, but let's just say at this point and time the lack of evidence of any such operation happening in the past is becoming highly unlikely.

The latest discoveries and deeper analysis of the Pyramid's stone seems to favor the concrete theory:
Quote:
concrete created using a mixture of limestone, clay, lime, and water.
And an experimental Pyramid replica had been successfully built using this method.
londonfai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #11023
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 608

Maybe it will be changed sometime.

Burj Khalifa also got it's final name after completion.
Same with many other structures around the world.

Last edited by oud-Rotterdammer; April 10th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #11024
Aalecki

Likes (Received): 1762

This will not be the only tower in Jeddah so it's like calling World Trade tower 1 the New York Tower. Kingdom tower has a nice ring to it.

Kanto liked this post
Aalecki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #11025
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

Likes (Received): 6789

09/04/2015

Old April 9th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #11026
shermanlee

Likes (Received): 7

great to watch the tallest building grow up.
Old April 9th, 2015, 05:27 PM   #11027
naki

Likes (Received): 1341

Too slowly recently.
naki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 06:20 PM   #11028
Ch.W

Likes (Received): 5180

Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Too slowly recently.
Soon it will rise faster, they have a schedule and they won't risk great delays. So...

Shaddorry, Mazin00, K.S.A, Federation2014 liked this post
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #11029
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
After this comment, anything else you say on this form can never be taken seriously.
Why? He didn't say anything ridiculous at all. Now let me clarify that I personally am very skeptical of the ancient astronaut hypothesis. I have never seen any evidence that would convince me that this stuff really happened in the past, however I am convinced that this hypothesis is a valid scientific hypothesis that deserves serious and rigorous scientific study.

The ancient astronaut hypothesis isn't some nonsencial superstitious mumbo jumbo like ghosts or similar bulls**t. Why? Because it is based exclusively on scientificaly proven concepts - Extraterrestrial life is an accepted concept in science, if it weren't nobody would spend billions of dollars on probes and telescopes that search for liquid water in our solar system and beyond. Space travel is an accepted concept too, we walked on the moon and we left (indirectly, through a probe) the solar system.

If science would finally take the concept of potential alien visitation to our planet seriously there wouldn't be as many charlatans and conspiracy theorists that got famous for telling the wildest and most nonsencial of stories (who sadly make up the vast majority of researchers into this subject today). Science obviously shoudln't investigate every claim that exists, but it should investigate claims that are based on accepted scientific theories (which is the case of both ufology and the ancient astronaut hypothesis).

I don't believe this hypothesis, because I haven't seen any convincing evidence that would convince me that this really happened, however I think it is wrong to laugh at this subject and pretend that it is nonsense. It is a valid hypothesis, that might be proven, or disproven, but definitely it isn't anything laughable or ridiculous

Bewal, bccscl liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #11030
Ch.W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
The ancient astronaut hypothesis isn't some nonsencial superstitious mumbo jumbo like ghosts or similar bulls**t. Why? Because it is based exclusively on scientificaly proven concepts - Extraterrestrial life is an accepted concept in science, if it weren't nobody would spend billions of dollars on probes and telescopes that search for liquid water in our solar system and beyond. Space travel is an accepted concept too, we walked on the moon and we left (indirectly, through a probe) the solar system.

If science would finally take the concept of potential alien visitation to our planet seriously there wouldn't be as many charlatans and conspiracy theorists that got famous for telling the wildest and most nonsencial of stories (who sadly make up the vast majority of researchers into this subject today). Science obviously shoudln't investigate every claim that exists, but it should investigate claims that are based on accepted scientific theories (which is the case of both ufology and the ancient astronaut hypothesis).

I don't believe this hypothesis, because I haven't seen any convincing evidence that would convince me that this really happened, however I think it is wrong to laugh at this subject and pretend that it is nonsense. It is a valid hypothesis, that might be proven, or disproven, but definitely it isn't anything laughable or ridiculous
I agree with parts of that. For sure there are many open questions about ancient egyptian culture and other ancient cultures. And also i agree that extraterrestrial life is a scientific concept and many serious astrophysics believe there are other forms of life on other extrasolar planets.
The new 33m telescope rising in the atacama desert of chile will build for solving this question (and of course many others) by study the light spectrum from extrasolar planets directly and make conclusions if life is possible on those planets. This topic is serious science.
Furthermore i like to say that every theory, for this example how they build the pyramids is a construct that can`t really proven but it is the more likely possible option. No one living today was there when the build such monuments.
I disagree with the "valid hypothesis" of extraterrestrial help building ancient monuments. IMO this is redicolous when you take a closer look at those theories. There is absolutely no evidence for this, and it`s the most unlikely option to explain ancient technics or else open history questions.
In science there is an well known principle called "occam`s rasor". It says the most likely theory is the one with the fewest premises and the simplest explanations. Saying ancient cultures were viseted by alien life forms and profited by their technology would suggest and make so many other open questions about space travel, speed faster than light and endless others. Btw no artefact was ever found that would confirm this theory, everything ever found could be explained by serious science even if there are open question must be solved in the future by better theroies.
Very off topic but i had to say this

Kanto, Monthes liked this post

Last edited by Ch.W; April 9th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #11031
Kleta Maika Bulgariq
BANNED

Likes (Received): 19

Massive stuff
Kleta Maika Bulgariq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:17 PM   #11032
mareks96

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Now let me clarify that I personally am very skeptical of the ancient astronaut hypothesis. I have never seen any evidence that would convince me that this stuff really happened in the past,
Thanks. Nice to see there are still people who don't pretend to know everything. I didn't say anything about ancient astronauts though. I just said the pyramids were so ahead of its time (truly cannot imagine moving rocks 25-80 tonns almost 150m high in 4000BC /that is more then any of the cranes at the KT can lift/ , or mixing concrete moving concrete mixture according to another theory) so if theEgyptian knowledge weren't destroyed in genocide of egyptians, we would know how to travel interstellar by NOW. These would be great foundations for some modern science and some people called me crazy. Just for saying the pyramids were ahead of its time.

Kanto liked this post
mareks96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:30 PM   #11033
Ch.W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareks96 View Post
Thanks. Nice to see there are still people who don't pretend to know everything. I didn't say anything about ancient astronauts though. I just said the pyramids were so ahead of its time (truly cannot imagine moving rocks 25-80 tonns almost 150m high in 4000BC /that is more then any of the cranes at the KT can lift/ , or mixing concrete moving concrete mixture according to another theory) so if theEgyptian knowledge weren't destroyed in genocide of egyptians, we would know how to travel interstellar by NOW. These would be great foundations for some modern science and some people called me crazy. Just for saying the pyramids were ahead of its time.
I don`t get this conclusion. The egyptian advanced civilization was from about 3000 till 1200 b.c. In this time they were not able to build a machine with electricity. Or to print books, a very easy problem compared to space travel. For sure the ancient egyptians were very smart people with a very high advanced society, law system, education and so on. But i can`t understand why you are making such weird conclusions. Only they are smart doesn`t mean they could change laws of nature like travelling faster than the speed of light. It`s about 4,2 light years to the next star, with recent technology it would take thousands of years to reach it...

4npower liked this post

Last edited by Ch.W; April 9th, 2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:38 PM   #11034
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.W View Post
I agree with parts of that. For sure there are many open questions about ancient agyptian culture and other ancient cultures. And also i agree that extraterrestrial life is a scientific concept and many serious astrophysics believe there are other forms of life on other extrasolar planets.
The new 33m telescope rising in the atacama desert of chile will build for solving this question (and of course many others) by study the light spectrum from extrasolar planets directly and make conclusions if life is possible on those planets. This topic is serious science.
Furthermore i like to say that every theory, for this example how they build the pyramids is a construct that can`t really proven but it is the more likely possible option. No one living today was there when the build such monuments.
I disagree with the "valid hypothesis" of extraterrestrial help building ancient monuments. IMO this is redicolous when you take a closer look at those theories. There is absolutely no evidence for this, and it`s the most unlikely option to explain ancient technics or else open history questions.
In science there is an well known principle called "occam`s rasor". It says the most likely theory is the one with the fewest premises and the simplest explanations. Saying ancient cultures were viseted by alien life forms and profited by their technology would suggest and make so many other open questions about space travel, speed faster than light and endless others. Btw no artefact was ever found that would confirm this theory, everything ever found could be explained by serious science even if there are open question must be solved in the future by better theroies.
Very off topic but i had to say this
And this is exactly the reason why I said this sentence twice in my post:

Quote:
I have never seen any evidence that would convince me that this stuff really happened in the past
Quote:
I don't believe this hypothesis, because I haven't seen any convincing evidence that would convince me that this really happened
With "valid hypothesis" I didn't mean a hypothesis that has been proven to be true. I meant a hypothesis that should be taken seriously by the scientific community and studied because it might be true (and it might not be true). A hypothesis is something unproven, if it gets to be proven, it is a theory, not a hypothesis anymore

Quote:
A hypothesis is either a suggested explanation for an observable phenomenon, or a reasoned prediction of a possible causal correlation among multiple phenomena. In science, a theory is a tested, well-substantiated, unifying explanation for a set of verified, proven factors. A theory is always backed by evidence; a hypothesis is only a suggested possible outcome, and is testable and falsifiable.
Other that that I completely agree with your post. I too think that there has been no solid evidence that would suggest the ancient astronaut hypothesis is true

Ch.W, Indica liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #11035
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

09/04/2015

Old April 9th, 2015, 11:51 PM   #11036
Ch.W

Kanto, i think a had read your comment too fast, in the end we are very close together
That`s one reason i like this forum so much. We are in the KT thread and suddenly there is a discussion about ET life and ancient egyptian culture.

Kanto, mareks96 liked this post
Old April 10th, 2015, 12:54 AM   #11037
The hory

Likes (Received): 69

Woow it's awesome in night
The hory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 06:50 AM   #11038
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

New Update Google Earth