daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2015, 12:43 AM   #11061
mareks96

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out. Most of those 'weird' things have been debunked.
If "Facts" as you say speak for themselves and all this was debunked, then why there are still sciaentist studying the hieroglyphs, and the pyramids?

I've recently seen that some scientists found out the limestone on the top of the pyramid is an electric insualnt, but the rest is not. They thought, when trere still was all the limestone at the too, the puramids, because of the tunnels in them, the soil and the water undernieth could be a great electric circuit. I know it is a crazy theory but... Why would they ude different kind of limestone on the top layer? Why would they build all those giant graves so close together and in different size? These are still unanswered questions, so facts don't speak for themselves. You speak for the facts. I bet no expert in egypthology would say somenthing like you said and be as sure as you are.

Kanto liked this post
mareks96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:02 AM   #11062
Mahdi Rasoul

Likes (Received): 217

del

Last edited by Mahdi Rasoul; August 14th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.
Mahdi Rasoul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:18 AM   #11063
Andrescavaller
Reformas en Madrid

Likes (Received): 0

impresionante
Andrescavaller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:28 AM   #11064
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8244

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhals View Post
Friends r like fishes.
U have to sit patiently for a long time
to catch a good one.
Just like I caught u.
so better stay nice otherwise
I will FRY YOU..
Under the sea, the merman feast on starfish soup and all the serving men are crabs.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:33 AM   #11065
Goocher

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indica View Post
Oh, and also.. nobody really knows for sure about the Pyramids. Its awfully strange that there are hieroglyphics depicting UFO's and all kinds of different things. There were carvings of what many describe as Ezekiel's Wheel in the stone as well, and its kind of weird that these ancient Egyptians have the same carvings in stone as the Mayans, Incans, and especially the Sumerians which came before. This was at a time in history, where these different empires were too far and supposedly didnt know about each other. Im not a conspiracy nut, but ya gotta admit, its kind of weird, and I have a feeling deep down that we havent been told shit about things (just a small sliver). We only know what we were told, which is only what is apparently good for us, which coincidentally fits into the puzzle right along with most religions. I think the Pyramids had other purposes as well, we just dont know for sure what they were for at the time. Kind of strange the magnetic field around these monuments is much stronger than normal.

I used to think that people made the Pyramids as well, but now I wonder if they had "help." You cant really say for sure, one way or another. Cant go by what we have been indoctrinated with, in history books. Gotta keep an open mind!
Paper weights / papyrus weights
Goocher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:52 AM   #11066
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareks96 View Post
If "Facts" as you say speak for themselves and all this was debunked, then why there are still sciaentist studying the hieroglyphs, and the pyramids?
Because there is still more to be discovered. But zero evidence suggests some big alien conspiracy, and whatever attempts there were have been debunked.

Quote:
I've recently seen that some scientists found out the limestone on the top of the pyramid is an electric insualnt, but the rest is not.
They thought, when trere still was all the limestone at the too, the puramids, because of the tunnels in them, the soil and the water undernieth could be a great electric circuit. I know it is a crazy theory but... Why would they ude different kind of limestone on the top layer?
The limestone was there to make the thing look smooth and white.

Quote:
Why would they build all those giant graves so close together and in different size?
Don't underestimate megalomania.

Quote:
These are still unanswered questions, so facts don't speak for themselves. You speak for the facts . I bet no expert in egypthology would say somenthing like you said and be as sure as you are.
No egyptologist is going to assume whacky alien theories just because there are still (barely) some gaps. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:01 AM   #11067
billgates

Likes (Received): 225

I was searching about KT, but I ended up at this Egyptian pyramid conspiracy thread. Could someone give me directions to the Kingdom Tower thread?

Al6061 liked this post
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #11068
Mushal

Likes (Received): 52

I do not know if this was posted before or not.
Good article with interesting information

Quote:
The soil conditions underlying Kingdom Tower consist of layers made of weak, porous limestone and sandstone. This resulted in a decision to pull back the overall height from one mile to one kilometre.
https://sourceable.net/engineering-i...e-the-clouds/#

Ch.W, The Shard Baby liked this post
Mushal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #11069
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out. Most of those 'weird' things have been debunked.
I limit the amount I open my brain of course, because its true that a lot of shit has been debunked, and continues to be. Its just that as of now, nobody really knows for sure about any of these wondrous and mystical discoveries. They are still finding lost Mayan temples to this day, that were covered by dense jungle for thousands of years - incredible stuff.

What is the height of KT right now? It really looks like it has grown noticeably in that last pic!

Kanto liked this post
Indica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #11070
blij123

Likes (Received): 37

massive
blij123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #11071
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
No egyptologist is going to assume whacky alien theories just because there are still (barely) some gaps. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
A good egyptologist won't assume anything, a good egyptologist will let the evidence speak for itself. A good egyptologist will be skeptical of all unproven scientific hypotheses and if he finds out that there is enough evidence to label one of these hypotheses as false, he will present his findings and disprove the hypothesis. However he will not call a scientific hypothesis a "whacky theory" and certainly won't dismiss it without any research, like what you suggest.

I agree, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but that doesn't mean that these claims, if they are scientific in nature, can be dismissed and ridiculed without any evidence backing this dismissal. One can't be open minded to absolutely all claims that have ever been voiced, but if claims are scientific in nature (and the ancient astronaut hypothesis is a scientificaly feasible, albeit unproven claim), then they should not be dismissed by scientists, just out of hand

Ch.W, Indica liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #11072
occurr

Likes (Received): 3

When it comes to 1000 PAGE - this tread ,the duilding is done
occurr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 08:53 PM   #11073
TheKILLA

Likes (Received): 30

del

Last edited by TheKILLA; August 14th, 2017 at 10:46 PM.
TheKILLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:06 PM   #11074
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
A good egyptologist won't assume anything, a good egyptologist will let the evidence speak for itself.
Exactly.

Quote:
A good egyptologist will be skeptical of all unproven scientific hypotheses and if he finds out that there is enough evidence to label one of these hypotheses as false, he will present his findings and disprove the hypothesis. However he will not call a scientific hypothesis a "whacky theory" and certainly won't dismiss it without any research, like what you suggest
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever supporting any alien conspiracy. So it cannot be a scientific hypothesis. There are a few snake-oil salesmen pretending to be experts that claim there is evidence for such things, but they are easily debunked.

Quote:
I agree, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, but that doesn't mean that these claims, if they are scientific in nature, can be dismissed and ridiculed without any evidence backing this dismissal.
They absolutely can, and they should, if they have no real science behind them. All they do is misrepresent information, create false dilemmas, and even downright lie. They add nothing scientific at all.
Look how popular that horrific show "Ancient Aliens" is, dumbing down its viewers with misinformation debunkable in a 5 second Google search.

Quote:
One can't be open minded to absolutely all claims that have ever been voiced, but if claims are scientific in nature (and the ancient astronaut hypothesis is a scientificaly feasible, albeit unproven claim), then they should not be dismissed by scientists, just out of hand
Having sex with a grey alien in outer space is also scientifically feasible. So is a teapot floating around Jupiter. The evidence, however, is not there to prove these things, and until it is found they should not even be suggested. The facts speak for themselves, and they lead to the conclusion. It is not the other way around.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #11075
The Shard Baby
Future architect

Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKILLA View Post
Have asked this before, but i did not get an answer.

How many floors are expected too bee completed the end of this year?

Thanks!
By July the concrete core structure should reach at least level 30 (level 35 at most).

So my best guesstimate (entirely out of my idea of what's going on) is that by the end of the year the main core should realistically reach at least level 66 (level 71 at most; given the rate quoted) at a reasonable rate of one floor per 5 days.

This article wields many answers to many questions! Cheers KSA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.A View Post
“But what people will notice some four months from now, in addition to the WolffKran cranes, are the first 30-35 floors of the tower in the new Jeddah Landscape,” said Jomah.

http://www.constructionweekonline.co...ve-252-floors/
The Shard Baby's YouTube channel
Visit The Shard Baby 1998's Flickr:
The Shard Baby 1998 Flickr

Kingdom Tower LIVE cam

K.S.A liked this post
The Shard Baby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #11076
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover

Likes (Received): 4363

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKILLA View Post
Have asked this before, but i did not get an answer.

How many floors are expected too bee completed the end of this year?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
I hope to see the tower rising to the 52 floor before the end of December with some cladding works,plus the massive works on other components and infra-structure works

enjoy the project

The Shard Baby liked this post
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:06 PM   #11077
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover

Likes (Received): 4363

sep 2015 : level 47 & +190m
Old April 12th, 2015, 11:41 PM   #11078
mareks96

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
I do not support the alien theory, Iam really scepric about the alien theory, I just think the egyptians didn't build the pyramids just to be giant graves. I think there is a reason why there is different kind of limestone on the top, then "to make it smooth and white". Why? Because every limestone is smooth and white.
mareks96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:11 AM   #11079
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareks96 View Post
I do not support the alien theory, Iam really scepric about the alien theory, I just think the egyptians didn't build the pyramids just to be giant graves. I think there is a reason why there is different kind of limestone on the top, then "to make it smooth and white". Why? Because every limestone is smooth and white.
A few thousand years from now people will be saying man didn't build the Kingdom Tower. People will be saying; why would man have built a Tower where the Top 1/3 of the entire building is basically useless space! It must have been built by Aliens!

Indica, GulfArabia liked this post
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 06:47 AM   #11080
Nomadd22

Likes (Received): 1

I figure that good future archaeologists will read Fury's descriptions to learn how the Kingdom tower was built and pretend ones will have their own crackpot theories, just like people with non chemically enhanced philosophies have known how the big pyramids were built since Herodotus described the process almost 2500 years ago.
Nomadd22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest