daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2015, 04:33 PM   #11501
ANDRETO
♥ Living & loving! ♥

Likes (Received): 1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23 View Post
The Kingdom City of what, a dustbowl?
Jeddah or Saudi Arabia, dustbowls?

Your head is a dustblow.

Serge Latouche
________________________________________________________________________________
The World is big enough to satisfy everyone's needs, but will always be too small to satisfy individual greed.
Mahatma Gandhi

K.S.A, renshapratama, hamadx liked this post
ANDRETO no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2015, 04:54 PM   #11502
DEsl
BANNED

Likes (Received): 347

Quote:
Take the dust out from your brain
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:35 PM   #11503
VRS

Likes (Received): 11525

Quote:
Wow. 1000 metres is tall. Too bad it's in the middle of a desert, only there for the oil.

Spires don't count as height - they just look stupid, like the Freedom Tower in New York. All mouth and no trousers.

When the oil dries up, these cities will become slums. What do you do there, apart from look at the trash they are building. Perhaps look at the desert? Or maybe the heritage buildings they are ripping down in place of this rubbish.
just build your own supertall. so no need complain from you anymore.
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:01 PM   #11504
SkYsCrApEr2013
The AlphaWolf of the Pack

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Wow. 1000 metres is tall. Too bad it's in the middle of a desert, only there for the oil.

Spires don't count as height - they just look stupid, like the Freedom Tower in New York. All mouth and no trousers.

When the oil dries up, these cities will become slums. What do you do there, apart from look at the trash they are building. Perhaps look at the desert? Or maybe the heritage buildings they are ripping down in place of this rubbish.
*sigh* I have no words for this...

Burj Khalifa, Shanghai Tower, Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Ping An Finance Center,
Goldin Finance 117, One World Trade Center, Chow Tai Fook Centre, Taipei 101, Shanghai World Financial Center and International Commerce Center.

R.I.P. Sawtooth Pack. You will be deeply missed.

I'm a really huge wolf lover! :D

I'M BACK!!!!

K.S.A, 4npower, The Shard Baby, jackedi07 liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:13 PM   #11505
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

It's like every cliche criticism on this thread condensed into one comment
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 07:06 PM   #11506
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkYsCrApEr2013 View Post
*sigh* I have no words for this...

That's pretty much all you can do in this thread, when it comes to posts like that I think the best response, is no response at all. Then they go away like spring pollen
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:41 AM   #11507
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Exactly. Was going to reply, then saw how one-sided, argumentative, and trollish it was so didn't bother. Nothing we say to him will probably have him change his mind, short of a forum ban.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:45 AM   #11508
CalibratedZeus

Likes (Received): 44

A lot of people said the same thing about the Burj Khalifa, and now everyone is drooling over it. There will be a lot of criticism now, but when finished it will be admired.

iKHALEDM liked this post
CalibratedZeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:00 AM   #11509
Khazim

Likes (Received): 109

Its so funny that the western people or like the majority of them calling us names like simple minded gypsys and retired people meanwhile they act like that like should we grab a mirror to show u the reflection of whoe you are like every single time i check on a western news all the comments below is all about us burning in hell or die or like wtf grow up people u guys are so racist like iv never seen an asian or black or indian attacking us for no reason its 2015 dah!!

oud-Rotterdammer liked this post
Khazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:06 AM   #11510
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

What?
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:26 AM   #11511
Baitalon

Likes (Received): 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazim View Post
Its so funny that the western people or like the majority of them calling us names like simple minded gypsys and retired people meanwhile they act like that like should we grab a mirror to show u the reflection of whoe you are like every single time i check on a western news all the comments below is all about us burning in hell or die or like wtf grow up people u guys are so racist like iv never seen an asian or black or indian attacking us for no reason its 2015 dah!!
pls stob it
Baitalon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:20 AM   #11512
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Wow, okay, remind me not to post the incorrect opinion because it'll take a full page of posts to tell me wrong.

C'mon guys, we're better than this. I don't necessarily agree with him but one or two constructive posts is all we need.

fayzoon liked this post
t94 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 03:18 PM   #11513
jogiba

Likes (Received): 439

Quote:
Do you get your cookies when trolling ?
jogiba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:38 PM   #11514
augustojunior
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

really liked
augustojunior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:54 PM   #11515
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazim View Post
I agree with you. I think you are right. But I have this question for you? Can you be honest? Do westerners talk like this about Japan? No. Why? Because Japan is for the most part a good country who has done a lot of good to the world in the last 70 years. On the other hand Saudi Arabia is pure evil. I like this building, and the architecture in Saudi Arabia, but again LETS BE HONEST, as a nation, Saudi Arabia is an evil nation. And this is why "westerners" on forums attack Arabs, but NOT the Japanese.

Now I agree that this SHOULD NOT happen here. This is a thread about architecture, and the construction of an impressive building. So this discussion, and discussions about the country should happen in the Sky bar but NOT HERE!

AlexDemens liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 12:26 AM   #11516
The Shard Baby
Future architect

Likes (Received): 2308

Current height

The current height of the core should be 61.58 metres tall right now, assuming that they have poured level 14 of the concrete core (capping it at level 15).

I have been studying the tower in detail recently, in preparation for my Kingdom Tower progress diagram, which should be ready by the end of June.

This means that tower has officially broken the 60 metre barrier!

The Kingdom Tower's core is now 19.58 metres taller than the Home Insurance Building* (Chicago) had been (6.68 metres taller if you include the 1890 height increase).
The Home Insurance Building was the tallest building** in the world from 1884-1890.
It was demolished in 1931.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Building.JPG

*Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Insurance_Building

**The tallest structure at this time was Cologne Cathedral (157.38m)*** [and the Eiffel Tower (1889+)]; though these didn't qualify as a tall building/skyscraper at the time (rentable floor space, etc) and still do not today.

***Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...s_in_the_world
The Shard Baby's YouTube channel
Visit The Shard Baby 1998's Flickr:
The Shard Baby 1998 Flickr

Kingdom Tower LIVE cam

Last edited by The Shard Baby; May 23rd, 2015 at 12:47 AM.
The Shard Baby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:43 AM   #11517
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBlackMarble View Post
I agree with you. I think you are right. But I have this question for you? Can you be honest? Do westerners talk like this about Japan? No. Why? Because Japan is for the most part a good country who has done a lot of good to the world in the last 70 years. On the other hand Saudi Arabia is pure evil. I like this building, and the architecture in Saudi Arabia, but again LETS BE HONEST, as a nation, Saudi Arabia is an evil nation. And this is why "westerners" on forums attack Arabs, but NOT the Japanese.

Now I agree that this SHOULD NOT happen here. This is a thread about architecture, and the construction of an impressive building. So this discussion, and discussions about the country should happen in the Sky bar but NOT HERE!
WOW! You sure did tell them.

But there is no sky bar in Kingdom Tower...

How would you have felt about Arabs having spammed the WTC1 thread with remarks about the "evil" of America and how much "good" it's done in The Middle East the past seven decades....

That would have been be just as disrespectful but they would have been banned in an instant and so should you.

I think it's much more civilized that Saudi Arabia chops off criminals heads in an instant than it is to pump them up with imported chemicals and let them die slowly over a period of fifteen minutes to half an hour.

But that's probably me not understanding evil versus civilization.

And the kids being sheltered from theories of evolution and global warming in the US are for sure evidence of American superiority to teach the world.

We all do love America but I think you should creep back to your xenophobic hole and take your moral superiority with you.

Give my regards to Mrs. Palin.

With all due respect.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:48 AM   #11518
Baitalon

Likes (Received): 731

Quote:
I think it's much more civilized that Saudi Arabia chops off criminals heads in an instant than it is to pump them up with imported chemicals and let them die slowly over a period of fifteen minutes to half an hour.
Baitalon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:51 AM   #11519
nano diamond

Likes (Received): 42

plz do NOT reply any offensive messages , u give them more attention with replying theirs .

again do NOT reply any messages outside the main topic .
thank you ,,,

iKHALEDM, K.S.A, pablo2008, Brubbaje liked this post
nano diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:03 AM   #11520
Mitch66uk

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

Very little oil in Dubai and yet they managed to make big city skyscrapers. Your assumption is naive. I suggest you read about that happened to the riches of Dubai when Japan wiped out the peal industry - it adapted and became many things including financial/tourist/exhibition hub so it would never have to rely on one segment of business again. Cities and countries adapt. As for knocking down heritage could you give me an example?
Mitch66uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest