daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2015, 10:49 AM   #12581
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

King Abdullah Economic City is like 10 km north of Jeddah (will be populated with 2 million people)

King Abdullah financial district is in Riyadh (3 supernal towers and 20+? small high rises)

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2015, 12:35 PM   #12582
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 29088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleed-fahad View Post
It seems you do not have an idea of ​​the giant projects Jeddah and King Abdullah Economic City which lies about little
Dubai was running low on oil that is why they shifted their economy towards Tourism and Real estate ... The Ruler then gave the green light for many many many incredibly huge megaprojects alongside easing the investment of foreign international investors in real estate, by doing that His Highness introduced many cultures and ethnical diversity in Dubai and because the United Arab Emirates was already a place open and accepting of the western world culture and religions (even place of worship for Christians and others were allowed to be built in UAE from way back) the city grew up fast.

Saudi Arabia is a country which its economy is mainly focused on oil and laws are still very strict towards other religions and cultures. If what fayzoon is right about Saudi Arabia planing to become a better place for tourism, then I wonder how fast will they shift towards such a goal and why didn't we hear anything about it yet, Dubai's ruler changed rules and regulations for tourists and investors way before any of the megaprojects start.

That's why I am saying development of the whole Kingdom district might not be as fast as Dubai was during the construction boom but I have no doubt that it will happen with time, I mean for crying out loud this tower will be higher than 1000m that is enough without having anything around it to make it a city center.

Last edited by Gabriel900; September 21st, 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 01:14 PM   #12583
sangitakumari004

Likes (Received): 0

good nice
sangitakumari004 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 05:51 PM   #12584
Abdullah-atta

Likes (Received): 2122

Old September 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM   #12585
Waleed-fahad

Likes (Received): 1739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Dubai was running low on oil that is why they shifted their economy towards Tourism and Real estate ... The Ruler then gave the green light for many many many incredibly huge megaprojects alongside easing the investment of foreign international investors in real estate, by doing that His Highness introduced many cultures and ethnical diversity in Dubai and because the United Arab Emirates was already a place open and accepting of the western world culture and religions (even place of worship for Christians and others were allowed to be built in UAE from way back) the city grew up fast.

Saudi Arabia is a country which its economy is mainly focused on oil and laws are still very strict towards other religions and cultures. If what fayzoon is right about Saudi Arabia planing to become a better place for tourism, then I wonder how fast will they shift towards such a goal and why didn't we hear anything about it yet, Dubai's ruler changed rules and regulations for tourists and investors way before any of the megaprojects start.

That's why I am saying development of the whole Kingdom district might not be as fast as Dubai was during the construction boom but I have no doubt that it will happen with time, I mean for crying out loud this tower will be higher than 1000m that is enough without having anything around it to make it a city center.
Who told you of the project is only the Kingdom Tower ? It was a huge project . Giant city Saudi Arabia different from the United Arab Emirates because Saudi Arabia does not need foreign tourists and foreign investment because it has a lot of businessmen And do not forget Jeddah near the site of Mecca and Medina We are the first among Arab countries the number of foreign visitors And the first Arab to attract foreign investment Also it has been easing foreign investor restrictions and reached to 100% ownership in the reign of King Salman and a lot of changes

oud-Rotterdammer, iKHALEDM liked this post
Waleed-fahad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:21 PM   #12586
Waleed-fahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by francais22 View Post
King Abdullah Economic City is located in Riyad, isn't it ? It's a big project but Duba´ have alot more projects.

No, it's north of Jeddah Yes Dubai has a lot of projects , and this applies to Riyadh and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia you should visit the department and take a look at existing projects
Old September 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM   #12587
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Who told you of the project is only the Kingdom Tower ? It was a huge project . Giant city Saudi Arabia different from the United Arab Emirates because Saudi Arabia does not need foreign tourists and foreign investment because it has a lot of businessmen And do not forget Jeddah near the site of Mecca and Medina We are the first among Arab countries the number of foreign visitors And the first Arab to attract foreign investment Also it has been easing foreign investor restrictions and reached to 100% ownership in the reign of King Salman and a lot of changes
Ok you can't compare the entire country of Saudi Arabia to a city (Dubai) anw I am happy things are changing ... Hopefully Jeddah will become an international tourist destination when this project is done.

Riyadh Crusher, fayzoon, Waleed-fahad liked this post

Last edited by Gabriel900; September 21st, 2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:34 AM   #12588
CopyLeft
Architect

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Don't be jealous. Hakuna matata, kuwa na furaha!

GulfArabia liked this post
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:01 AM   #12589
skaP187

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by oud-Rotterdammer View Post
I surely hope so!
SA is a country I would like to visit one day.
Mind your head.

GulfArabia liked this post
skaP187 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:02 AM   #12590
Waleed-fahad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyLeft View Post
Don't be jealous. Hakuna matata, kuwa na furaha!

I'm not jealous of Dubai Dubai is part of the Gulf States There is a common goal between the UAE and Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Gulf countries to achieve economic integration and diversification of the economy away from oil . This will be led by Dubai, Doha, Jeddah, Riyadh , Abu Dhabi and Kuwait .

iKHALEDM liked this post
Old September 23rd, 2015, 02:27 AM   #12591
0scarpaz

Likes (Received): 66

0scarpaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:51 AM   #12592
DromeoStalker
Привидение

Likes (Received): 1107

DromeoStalker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:11 PM   #12593
SkyDrom

Likes (Received): 2

I think the structure just reached the point where it's taller than wider According to some blueprints, the turning point should be just under 23rd floor.

From the most recent photos it surely looks like that. What do you think guys?

The Shard Baby liked this post
SkyDrom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:40 PM   #12594
The Shard Baby
Future architect

Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDrom View Post
I think the structure just reached the point where it's taller than wider According to some blueprints, the turning point should be just under 23rd floor.

From the most recent photos it surely looks like that. What do you think guys?
Not quite yet, I think the tower will pass that milestone once level 26 has been fully cast (up to level 27 slab height).
Only then it will be officially taller than it is wider (if you are referring to the greatest breadth of the tower's Y plate - which is approximately 110 metres wide at the base).

Welcome to the forum SkyDrom!
The Shard Baby's YouTube channel
Visit The Shard Baby 1998's Flickr:
The Shard Baby 1998 Flickr

Kingdom Tower LIVE cam

iKHALEDM, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
The Shard Baby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:45 PM   #12595
iKHALEDM

Likes (Received): 1464

Quote:

WE ARE PROUD OF OUR RELIGION AND OUR CULTURE, NOT LIKE YOU. CHANGING WILL BE IN A REALISTIC REANGE NOT MORE THAN THAT.

And the Goals of both governments are away different! Dubai's goal is to have a tourism as No.1 revenue. Saudi Arabia doesn't have the same goal. If we want to have money through the tourism, we can get it from the Annual session (Hajj which is now happening). But we spend more than anyone else think!

(The vision is away different)

Last edited by iKHALEDM; September 23rd, 2015 at 10:53 PM.
iKHALEDM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:53 PM   #12596
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 608

Respect !

iKHALEDM liked this post
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 02:09 AM   #12597
Waleed-fahad

Quote:

Saudi Arabia first among Arab in the number of visitors " 17 million visitors " And Saudi Arabia aspires to increase it to twice in the next 5 years.

Old September 24th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #12598
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Saudi Arabia got religious tourism that's why anw It is time to go back on what really matters ... the construction of this tower ... forget what I said cz it seems it is offending some people for unknown reasons!

DubaiM liked this post
Old September 24th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #12599
Waleed-fahad

Quote:
Saudi Arabia got religious tourism that's why anw It is time to go back on what really matters ... the construction of this tower ... forget what I said cz it seems it is offending some people for unknown reasons!

I did not understand the last text . But tourism is the Tours of any kind and Jeddah relative religious sites in Saudi Arabia, a gate of the Two Holy haramin, tourism and hotel project completely good was superior to Dubai Situated Jeddah Strategic whether the number of visitors from abroad 17 million , if the sleeve will be visitors to Jeddah from the inside ? ( Saudi Arabia's population of 30 million ) and make up the largest percentage of tourists in Dubai and Bahrain.

iKHALEDM, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old September 24th, 2015, 02:28 AM   #12600
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Look to be honest I love all cultures and religions and I want Saudi Arabia to loosen up laws and regulations because I would love to be able to visit not only this tower someday but Makkah as well and get up close and personal with the Islamic religion and all holy sites in the country which is not possible at the moment and I am sure Saudi Arabia will have an even higher number of tourists if they do that.

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest