daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 19th, 2016, 11:58 AM   #14781
Arzonz
Registered User
 
Arzonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 271
Likes (Received): 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
that is a good thing that dubai is planning to build an even higher tower because soon enough we will hear again that jeddah is planning to build a MILE-HIGH skyscraper
First find a land that can take that much weight, and then find a company in jeddah that isn't related to oil and that it will want to waste so much money on a 1 mile tower, Then come say those things.
__________________
Yo ho ho in a bottle of a skyscraper!
Arzonz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #14782
Arzonz
Registered User
 
Arzonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 271
Likes (Received): 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafiAnsari View Post
Even though all these tall building fail, they help in bringing development in the area around it. Look around in Dubai.
They do. But doesn't a building like CN Tower and the tower do the same aswell?
__________________
Yo ho ho in a bottle of a skyscraper!
Arzonz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #14783
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzonz View Post
First find a land that can take that much weight, and then find a company in jeddah that isn't related to oil and that it will want to waste so much money on a 1 mile tower, Then come say those things.
the owner of this tower has nothing to do with oil, with estimated net worth of over $30b and if he could build this one what made you think he cant build another ? since his goal was to have the tallest tower in the world
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:22 PM   #14784
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzonz View Post
They do. But doesn't a building like CN Tower and the tower do the same aswell?
do you really compare a real tower like BK with the CN tower, have you seen it ? to me it looks like a very thick antenna
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #14785
Arzonz
Registered User
 
Arzonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 271
Likes (Received): 448

Oh, so if you're talking about this company, then first let them complete this Costly city then think of another place for 1 Mile tower.

So... now that you found the company, Where's the land? a Mile high tower's weight will be so much that i think no where in KSA can support it. (I'm not sure of the last part though... might be wrong.)
__________________
Yo ho ho in a bottle of a skyscraper!
Arzonz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #14786
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzonz View Post
Oh, so if you're talking about this company, then first let them complete this Costly city then think of another place for 1 Mile tower.

So... now that you found the company, Where's the land? a Mile high tower's weight will be so much that i think no where in KSA can support it. (I'm not sure of the last part though... might be wrong.)
what in the world are you talking about did you know that saudi arabia is 30 times the size of emirates, and both of these countries are in the gulf which means if the land is strong enough to support A MILE HIGH tower in emirates than it will be too in saudi
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #14787
BinSuroor
Registered User
 
BinSuroor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Dubai
Posts: 242
Likes (Received): 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
the owner of this tower has nothing to do with oil, with estimated net worth of over $30b and if he could build this one what made you think he cant build another ? since his goal was to have the tallest tower in the world
Actually Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal lost a lot of his wealth in the past years

Quote:
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud (Saudi Arabia)– No. 1, net worth $17.3 billion
The Prince owns stakes in private and public companies in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East through Kingdom Holding Co.
http://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/en/n...rticleid/10336

+ i dont think he will waste more money to build even higher tower
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 01:05 PM   #14788
fayzoon
Fayez
 
fayzoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jubail - Saudi Arabia
Posts: 1,059
Likes (Received): 2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzonz View Post
In my opinion, Dubai is making a tower in the right way. its not wasting that much money on hotels and apartments which most likely 90% of them would of been left empty. For example, Burj khalifa has been awarded most useless building in the world.
They are also wasting money on KT. Making this much hotel rooms and apartments that might be left empty.
In my opinion, anyone who says that most likely 90% of the apartments in this tower would be left empty must be unwise, closed minded and better not to say his opinion
__________________
KFUPM Graduate
fayzoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #14789
Gabriel900
Super Mod
 
Gabriel900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dubai, Beirut
Posts: 7,794
Likes (Received): 28975

This is getting old! stop panicking people, Dubai didn't even start building that tower anyways!! Can we go back to Jeddah Tower now? and please even if Dubai did build a taller tower it is just about time before another city propose an even taller and this trend will continue in this century I suppose! So it is useless having this debate because it will lead to nowhere! Learn how to enjoy what is already happening instead of fighting over the unknown!

Now can we please go back to Jeddah Tower?
__________________
"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible" ~ Winston Churchill
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #14790
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinSuroor View Post
Actually Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal lost a lot of his wealth in the past years



http://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/en/n...rticleid/10336

+ i dont think he will waste more money to build even higher tower
i don't trust this source at all but anyway that's from the same link you provided us


By Country
Saudi Arabia – 6 billionaires worth $34.6 billion
U.A.E. – 6 billionaires worth $19.7 billion
Egypt – 6 billionaires, worth $14.2 billion
Lebanon – 7 billionaires worth $12.5 billion
Oman – 3 billionaires worth $6.2 billion
Morocco – 2 billionaires with a new worth of $3.2 billion
Algeria – 1 billionaire worth $3.1 billion
Qatar – 1 billionaire worth $2 billion

Last edited by mohammed alzaidi; April 19th, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #14791
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

it's funny that bill gates alone has more than all billionaires in the gulf
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #14792
pdvd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oosterhout
Posts: 30
Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
it's funny that bill gates alone has more than all billionaires in the gulf
and he spends his money right with his foundation instead of investing in a tower which will never be used but only be a prestige object...
pdvd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #14793
Ch.W
Registered User
 
Ch.W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Heinsberg - near Cologne
Posts: 1,780
Likes (Received): 5178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
...Learn how to enjoy what is already happening instead of fighting over the unknown!
That's a very wise statement, not only in relation to this topic
__________________

m6b7n liked this post
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #14794
mohammed alzaidi
Registered User
 
mohammed alzaidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdvd View Post
and he spends his money right with his foundation instead of investing in a tower which will never be used but only be a prestige object...
agree 50%
mohammed alzaidi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 02:57 PM   #14795
fayzoon
Fayez
 
fayzoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jubail - Saudi Arabia
Posts: 1,059
Likes (Received): 2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
it's funny that bill gates alone has more than all billionaires in the gulf
It might be closed. 77 billions is not so far from the total (adding the rest of the countries)

Plus, this counts only those who reveal their wealth numbers

Plus, you are talking about the richest man in the world here

Plus, the gulf combined doesn't have that much population compared to the world. It's less than 1% !! and the GDP is almost 2%

I'm even surprised that the richest man in the world has almost the same as the billionaires in the gulf

But, if I was in his place I would build a 10 KM tower to make everyone in the tallest buildings race shut up everyone is going to die at the end
__________________
KFUPM Graduate

Last edited by fayzoon; April 19th, 2016 at 03:14 PM.
fayzoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #14796
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam
 
oud-Rotterdammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land van Heusden
Posts: 1,112
Likes (Received): 601

I think there is a big chance that JT will top out BEFORE The Tower.

Jeddah:
When JT completes in 2020 or 2021, it will top out end 2019 or in 2020, or early 2021.

Dubai:
The foundation for The Tower has not even begun, and we must see if it starts this summer as was said.
Although a steel structure which builds relatively fast compared to concrete, it still needs time to reach final height. With new challenges on the extremely long cables, etc.
I think it unlikely they top out within 3,5 - 4 years...
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 03:40 PM   #14797
RafiAnsari
Jeddah Guy
 
RafiAnsari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 79
Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
it's funny that bill gates alone has more than all billionaires in the gulf
Many people in The Gulf do not reveal their value i.e there could be many billionaires who are unknown to the world
__________________
المملكة العربية السعودية 💚
RafiAnsari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #14798
RafiAnsari
Jeddah Guy
 
RafiAnsari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 79
Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oud-Rotterdammer View Post
I think there is a big chance that JT will top out BEFORE The Tower.

Jeddah:
When JT completes in 2020 or 2021, it will top out end 2019 or in 2020, or early 2021.

Dubai:
The foundation for The Tower has not even begun, and we must see if it starts this summer as was said.
Although a steel structure which builds relatively fast compared to concrete, it still needs time to reach final height. With new challenges on the extremely long cables, etc.
I think it unlikely they top out within 3,5 - 4 years...
Woah JT til 2020? The cityscape of Jeddah is changing in 2018. Many towers are expected to be completed in 2018 along with JT.
I don't think JT will take that much time to open I think It might open in late 2019 if there are any delays other wise early 2019 or late 2018
__________________
المملكة العربية السعودية 💚
RafiAnsari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #14799
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam
 
oud-Rotterdammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land van Heusden
Posts: 1,112
Likes (Received): 601

I honestly hope that you are right about 2018 !!!

But I look from my experience as a project manager at large construction projects, and the construction speed of JT so far.

2020 is not something officially announced.
I think that is still 2018 ...?
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM   #14800
BinSuroor
Registered User
 
BinSuroor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Dubai
Posts: 242
Likes (Received): 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed alzaidi View Post
i don't trust this source at all but anyway that's from the same link you provided us


By Country
Saudi Arabia – 6 billionaires worth $34.6 billion
U.A.E. – 6 billionaires worth $19.7 billion
Egypt – 6 billionaires, worth $14.2 billion
Lebanon – 7 billionaires worth $12.5 billion
Oman – 3 billionaires worth $6.2 billion
Morocco – 2 billionaires with a new worth of $3.2 billion
Algeria – 1 billionaire worth $3.1 billion
Qatar – 1 billionaire worth $2 billion

I was talking about Alwaleed wealth not all saudi billionaires
Anyways lets go back to the topic

I hope JT opens sometime in 2018.
such a masterpiece deserves to hold the record for a year or two at least
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu