daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 26th, 2016, 01:57 AM   #14861
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

It's now as often the case as it was with Burj Khalifa when it was built. Sometimes there are cultural or symbolic reasons for skipping floors (4, I think, or for example 13 in the US), but for mechanical floors you can see they're well above the height of traditional floors for machinery. Thus one or two mech floors is 3 or 4 regular ones. BK did it at every mechanical stop, too. Skipped floors at about 19, 40-41, 73-74, 109, 137, 156-160 M3 or something like that.

The long and short of it in my eyes is the height is still there, just not at an elevator landing (or one that is at least accessible to the public). It's not like the architects are skipping floors on a whim... usually.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2016, 02:49 AM   #14862
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

Likes (Received): 6789

13/03/2016

14/04/2016

Federation2014, Naif Saudi, K.S.A, Saleh93 liked this post
alsaif2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 02:50 AM   #14863
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

25/04/2016

Old April 26th, 2016, 03:30 AM   #14864
alsaif2012
El Seif Engineering

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/image/163005954
Old April 26th, 2016, 03:52 AM   #14865
Ch.W

Likes (Received): 5178

Great update thanks looks amazing
Ch.W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 05:11 AM   #14866
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
Hi!

for this section, there is no Mezzanine floor..and I will post the zoomed in for this section.
any way, there is something fishy when it comes to these floors

so as you see in the in-officially published section, it shows the numbering 38 - 42 spreading over 3 floors.
The drawing does indeed show a small mezzanine level above level 39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
It could be! I need to ask specifically about this.
But what I noticed on most people working on this project directly, that they don't give straight or clear answer when talking about mechanical floors.
On the other hand, I personally believe that we cannot call a small slab on one side of the building a "floor", yet it could be the reason of skipping "40"
Typically mezzanine levels are not the full floor area of the level below. This is the reason for calling them mezzanine levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
It's now as often the case as it was with Burj Khalifa when it was built. Sometimes there are cultural or symbolic reasons for skipping floors (4, I think, or for example 13 in the US), but for mechanical floors you can see they're well above the height of traditional floors for machinery. Thus one or two mech floors is 3 or 4 regular ones. BK did it at every mechanical stop, too. Skipped floors at about 19, 40-41, 73-74, 109, 137, 156-160 M3 or something like that.

The long and short of it in my eyes is the height is still there, just not at an elevator landing (or one that is at least accessible to the public). It's not like the architects are skipping floors on a whim... usually.
Good insight.
The BK skipped 4 levels in the naming scheme, each just above a tall MEP level. The BK did include the mezzanine levels in the naming scheme though just as did this project for levels B1M, 2M, and 4M. The difference is, this project is doing the skipping just above the mezz. levels.

Here is how I'm thinking they will name the levels based on how they named the lower levels that have mezzanine levels (from levels 2 to 6)

plan section_3_cr by Fury1961, on Flickr

I would think it would be the same for the levels around 15.

It would make sense but until we get a fully labeled drawing we can only guess.

Ray

Dave-in-Toronto liked this post
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 08:21 AM   #14867
CopyLeft
Architect

Likes (Received): 277

Gosh, Chinese tetraphobia is contagious? I thought Middle East has no number phobias... It's such a pity to see the world still dancing to the loony shamans flute.
CopyLeft no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:24 AM   #14868
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3093

I only post this because of likes...but I didn't mean my post as derogatory about what view is from the highest observation deck as I don't really know the area. Many observation decks around the world look out over cities and the surrounding environment that can be spectacular, harbours, mountains lots to wonder at...I know this magnificent structure is somewhere in the Middle East...and overlooks...?
Old April 26th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #14869
RafiAnsari
Jeddah Guy

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron_012 View Post
I only post this because of likes...but I didn't mean my post as derogatory about what view is from the highest observation deck as I don't really know the area. Many observation decks around the world look out over cities and the surrounding environment that can be spectacular, harbours, mountains lots to wonder at...I know this magnificent structure is somewhere in the Middle East...and overlooks...?
Not just some where.. It's in 'Jeddah', A unique city in Saudi Arabia which lies along the Red Sea with Beautiful beaches and A future tourist Hot Spot of the region. We have many cool stuff in the city like The Tallest Fountain in the World or The Tallest Lighthouse in The World or the largest open air Museum in the World etc but all these facts do not seem to get the attention. Saudi Arabia is now opening to all tourists who can enjoy this city too in the Middle East.
The Observation Deck overlooks the The Beautiful Red Sea and The City of Jeddah and all the beautiful future buildings or towers of Jeddah Economic City.

Ch.W liked this post
RafiAnsari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 12:23 PM   #14870
Arzonz

Likes (Received): 448

Soon we'll see the first balconies.
Old April 26th, 2016, 02:29 PM   #14871
oud-Rotterdammer
Marc from Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 601

Do you now what floor numbers have a balcony?

In the diagram, we can not see it.
oud-Rotterdammer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #14872
TallBox

Likes (Received): 421

Is there are thread for the other developments in the area surrounding JT?
Old April 26th, 2016, 04:57 PM   #14873
HighwayStar

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafiAnsari View Post
Not just some where.. It's in 'Jeddah', A unique city in Saudi Arabia which lies along the Red Sea with Beautiful beaches and A future tourist Hot Spot of the region. We have many cool stuff in the city like The Tallest Fountain in the World or The Tallest Lighthouse in The World or the largest open air Museum in the World etc but all these facts do not seem to get the attention. Saudi Arabia is now opening to all tourists who can enjoy this city too in the Middle East.
The Observation Deck overlooks the The Beautiful Red Sea and The City of Jeddah and all the beautiful future buildings or towers of Jeddah Economic City.
???
My understanding is Saudi Arabia has no intention of issuing Tourist Visas to foreigners.
It ran a very limited tourist visa program in 2014, which was quickly cancelled.
HighwayStar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #14874
Bottle
Not Registered User

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
???
My understanding is Saudi Arabia has no intention of issuing Tourist Visas to foreigners.
It ran a very limited tourist visa program in 2014, which was quickly cancelled.
One of many economics reforms announced recently to eliminate our oil dependence is tourism. They plan to issue green cards similar to U.S system and open the country to people. It will take time and effort, but it will happen.

AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
Bottle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #14875
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

I hate to sound like a broken record but when will surrounding buildings start? That was a pleasure for me when Burj Khalifa was being build was watching the other towers go up around it. This has been a little boring to me.
Old April 27th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #14876
surfnasi

Likes (Received): 345

I agree,this is a little like watching the paint dry,it will become much more interesting in the future once it gets higher and the cladding is being installed and the towers around it start to rise and roads are constructed

Munwon liked this post
surfnasi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 07:42 PM   #14877
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaif2012 View Post
[url=http://up.top4top.net/]

Will it be exactly a kilometer from the shoreline? If so it will form an isosceles 45° right triangle.

redbaron_012 liked this post
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #14878
M235
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Illuminati confirmed.

SMCYB, 0095914, DeaconG, Starohrabě liked this post
M235 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 10:12 PM   #14879
evernikao
Ever

Likes (Received): 2785

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235 View Post
Illuminati confirmed.
hahahaha
evernikao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 03:45 AM   #14880
Bottle
Not Registered User

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCYB View Post
Will it be exactly a kilometer from the shoreline? If so it will form an isosceles 45° right triangle.
can you explain your statement further? I don't speak engineering language but what you said seems interesting.
Bottle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hypertall, jeddah economic city, jeddah tower, kingdom tower, megatall, tallest