daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #41
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Likes (Received): 1

I would like to have more information, perhaps neda say could help me :
-the field will be the property of OL (they'll buy or already own it)
-the stadium will be built on this field with OL money
-OL will be the sole owner of the stadium and everything that is on this field.

Why do OL need any input of the municipality politicians?

I don't understand.
Vilak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #42
Masters At Work

Likes (Received): 471

The Stadium will be the propiety of OL tanks to the enter on the market (100Me) and naming ( LG stadium ? ) ,ol groupe will pay the rest

En fançais ... c est beaucoup plus simple , le stade appartiendra a l'Ol et sera financé par ses fonds propres ( entrée en bourse,namaing+ fons propres et surement un emprunts)
L'OL sera le seul utilisateur de ce projet,meme s il y aura surement d autre manifestations (sportives ou non)
Tout cela differencie ce projet du stade lillois par exemple
enfin comme tout grand projet l OL a besoin des appui politiques locaux ne serait-ce pour calmer les personne contre ce projet...
Masters At Work no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM   #43
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 886

Yes the lille project like you say is different!! but Lille is more sure about the financement! Aulas has to put all the money to begin building the project!!

Nothing for the moment is confirmed about the modality of raising funds to realize it!

They're waiting after elections to consolidate partnership with the city of Lyon.The location is not their property! That's why they need the approval of urban comunity of lyon!
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #44
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbsboi View Post
Is it just me or are most new stadiums basicly at bowl with a fancy roof?
There's only so much you can do with basic form after you account for modern safety regulations, best design practices, etc. If duplication is the sincerest form of flattery, it's safe to say there is something of value to the general form of most football/soccer stadiums being built today. It also appears the two parts of your premise are codependent: To allow for the flexibility in the roof design most facilities must save cost, space, etc in the design of the actual stands (see Liverpool's plans, for example).

I like the stadium overall but I'm missing a few things:
- The idea as I read it is for the stadium roof to reach outside the facility to expand the realm of the fan experience, but I'm not getting what the artistic value of this particular roof design. Why this amorphous shape compared to a more conventional disc or dome? I don't see other elements in the facade or landscape that directly equate to the meaning of the roof's form? Anyone?

- The roofing support beams - Anyone else looking for something more dynamic? No pattern, but not otherwise decorated/structured so as to be more attractive and playful or rendered less visible. They almost look like afterthoughts, as if all the money was spent designing the roof and none leftover for anything but the simplest of columns. Perhaps if they replicated the lighting effect of the smaller lamps shown in the landscape?

- The last concourse picture shown doesn't feature restroom facilities or concessions! Am I missing something?
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #45
Axelferis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
There's only so much you can do with basic form after you account for modern safety regulations, best design practices, etc. If duplication is the sincerest form of flattery, it's safe to say there is something of value to the general form of most football/soccer stadiums being built today. It also appears the two parts of your premise are codependent: To allow for the flexibility in the roof design most facilities must save cost, space, etc in the design of the actual stands (see Liverpool's plans, for example).

I like the stadium overall but I'm missing a few things:
- The idea as I read it is for the stadium roof to reach outside the facility to expand the realm of the fan experience, but I'm not getting what the artistic value of this particular roof design. Why this amorphous shape compared to a more conventional disc or dome? I don't see other elements in the facade or landscape that directly equate to the meaning of the roof's form? Anyone?

- The roofing support beams - Anyone else looking for something more dynamic? No pattern, but not otherwise decorated/structured so as to be more attractive and playful or rendered less visible. They almost look like afterthoughts, as if all the money was spent designing the roof and none leftover for anything but the simplest of columns. Perhaps if they replicated the lighting effect of the smaller lamps shown in the landscape?

- The last concourse picture shown doesn't feature restroom facilities or concessions! Am I missing something?

I agree with you! The stadium is only beautiful if you watch it from a ... plane view!!!

The picks which sustain the roof all round the stadium are just awful in term of design!! You don't see the same at all when you are a bird and ou are human!!

I would prefer a rounder, aesthetic design that this "strange" roof! not the form but the way they realize it!!
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #46
Mo Rush
life.love.everything else

Likes (Received): 51

save all the roof material that hangs over the edge of the stadium bowl and create a retractable roof.

Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #47
Axelferis

too late! i don't understand why aulas didn't insist to have a retractable roof!
Winters are cold in Lyon area..
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #48
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 576

Even with technology these days any form of retractable roof requires a lot of money and can be a b**** to maintain. I like the idea of extending the roof outside the structure, I just simply don't get this particular theme. I don't see the inspiration, I don't see how it ties into the structure... I don't get it.
Old February 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #49
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
They're waiting after elections to consolidate partnership with the city of Lyon.The location is not their property! That's why they need the approval of urban comunity of lyon!
An approval of the city of Lyon?
What a joke ,the whole town knows how Aulas and Colomb are two hands in the same pocket.
Starts to smell dirty here...

The location of this new stadium sucks.
The chosen location has really nothing to cope with the huge masses it shall bring.
It would have been better at Puisoz or why not next to the small airstrip at Bron?
Frankly the Tola Vologe training grounds nearby the 'old' Gerland stadium are very good aswell, in the future the Confluence will rise out of the ground and this stunning stadium across the riverbanks that could be a great site.
De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #50
Neda Say

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
too late! i don't understand why aulas didn't insist to have a retractable roof!
Winters are cold in Lyon area..
The roof was/is not absolutely necessary. Presented an additional cost that was/is open to discussion. They made the right move not to have one. Ground heating and warm air bubble over the pitch on non game day will be sufficient.
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #51
Neda Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilak View Post
I would like to have more information, perhaps neda say could help me :
-the field will be the property of OL (they'll buy or already own it)
-the stadium will be built on this field with OL money
-OL will be the sole owner of the stadium and everything that is on this field.

Why do OL need any input of the municipality politicians?

I don't understand.

Sorry Vilak! I've been pretty busy these days but I see that you got your answer already thanks to Masters At Work.
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #52
Masters At Work

Likes (Received): 471

Maybe the staduilm will have a retractable roof
Aulas want it but it coste 50Me so he doesn't know...
wait and see
Masters At Work no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #53
Axelferis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda Say View Post
The roof was/is not absolutely necessary. Presented an additional cost that was/is open to discussion. They made the right move not to have one. Ground heating and warm air bubble over the pitch on non game day will be sufficient.
do't agree with you!
Don't you see the problems of stade De france?? Lyon is cold in winter! It is difficult to imagine those non sportives spectables which enable to make money!!

I repeat it but the stadium is still a project and the debut of building it isn't determinated for the moment!

Aulas want the stadium for 2010-2012.
Ok but the sponsor isn't defined yet?

Don't forget it's the final project ok but a lot of things must be determined!

Why Aulas did'nt annouced the name of stadium till today althought thhe winner project has been annouced last september (6 month ago)

They want 50 million in naming but for the moment none company has beeen annouced?!!
Strange?
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #54
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Likes (Received): 1

At least we know for sure this stadium will exist in 4/5 years. that is great.

I don't think the retractable roof is very important.
If you are talking about ohter event like concert, motorcylce race, I think the retractable FIELD is more important, something that will too not happen.
Ok, Lyon winters are cold but not that much...
Vilak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #55
Hermano
Anuncie Aqui

Likes (Received): 0

Wonderful
Hermano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #56
Neda Say

Quote:
don't agree with you!
Don't you see the problems of Stade De france?? Lyon is cold in winter! It is difficult to imagine those non sportive spectacles which enable to make money!!

I repeat it but the stadium is still a project and the debut of building it isn't determined for the moment!

Aulas want the stadium for 2010-2012.
Ok but the sponsor isn't defined yet?

Don't forget it's the final project ok but a lot of things must be determined!

Why Aulas didn't announced the name of stadium till today althought the winner project has been announced last september (6 month ago)

They want 50 million in naming but for the moment none company has been announced?!!
Strange?

When was Emirates announced, before the project got started or after?!
Winters in Lyon are not as tough as winters in Berlin, Munich, Edmonton, Calgary,Foxboro (Boston), Green Bay, Glasgow... I could keep going for a while but I don't see the point.

They want 50M for naming, that is no cheap money and you don't want just any name on it. I sware to you! You really don't want something like "Dick's Sporting Goods Park" it's funny at the beginning but after a while it's just a bad joke. You want to have a win-win almost symbiotic relation with your naming company. Remember they generally also become your title sponsor.

Aulas right now enjoys a comfy 41000 seater that he can pack up any day. Believe me he isn't in financial trouble. Even while rebuilding the team they are able to lead L1 and have a descent run in the championsleague.

Problems in the Stade de France are terrible really that's why they have so many shows in it! Remember that this stadium will be the OL stadium not the city stadium. Yes he needs city agreements, Yes he'll get some money from Lyon for it, but that's it. OL did all the research and OL will develop it as they please. It's just that simple.

No rush, no worries! Life's Good!
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #57
lpioe

Likes (Received): 14

I think when you are under the roof it looks good:

But when you're approaching the stadium it looks just awful:

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #58
Axelferis

I agree 100%

this stadium is not homogeneous!! It depends on your position in the area!
Even under the roof it 's a variable vision because some parts are higher than some others!!!

This design is very ambitious, difficult to perceive in one block! very intriguing...
Old February 14th, 2008, 03:23 AM   #59
michał_

Likes (Received): 29

Actually I disagree with both of you completely not because I feel a need to, but because it's actually a matter of taste. I love the approach to the stadium and am not really that much impressed by the rest. It's not important however.

We all know that the extended roof is not really functional. It's not practical- it has a different use. This is the UNIQUE feature of this stadium. Just like Wembley's arch, facade of Allianz (and tens of "immitations/inspirations"). This is the thing that makes this stadium not-like-other-stadiums.

And as much as anyone would disagree- it's very important. Why? Because we all actually discuss this thing and not anything else So... the unique feature works. You have to have an opinion on the extended roof structure, cannot pass it without notice. You'll like it or hate it, but will remember it.
Would a retractable roof (instead) be so characteristic? Not a chance. Even though it would be far more practical and would increase the uses of the stadium.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #60
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
But when you're approaching the stadium it looks just awful:

This image is just wonderful, finally a decent design ,not a boring one like many other stadiums.I love it!
De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
lyon, stadiums and arenas