daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #201
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

All terminals and hangars of the LaGuardia Airport to be demolished in the future in favor of a new and larger unified terminal? One word: Reboot.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2016, 05:40 AM   #202
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17034

LGA is next on my Airport visit list...
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:56 AM   #203
BBMW

Likes (Received): 35

It would be idiotic to try and fix LGA's terminal issues without dealing with it's airside problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
All terminals and hangars of the LaGuardia Airport to be demolished in the future in favor of a new and larger unified terminal? One word: Reboot.
BBMW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2016, 12:39 AM   #204
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 275

Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Approves Lease to LaGuardia Gateway Partners – An Innovative Public-Private Partnership That Will Advance $4 Billion Modernization Project
Quote:
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that the comprehensive redesign of LaGuardia Airport has taken a major step forward, with a crucial approval vote by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The vote approves a lease with LaGuardia Gateway Partners to build and operate a new state-of-the-art Terminal B, with a central hall and concourse that will, for the first time, create a unified airport as well as the site for an air train station. The lease clears the way for the first phase of the Governor’s redesign plan, which will ultimately transform the aging facility into a world-class transportation hub, equipped for the challenges and demands of 21st century travel and deserving of the state of New York.

The design and construction cost of the project amounts to $4 billion – two-thirds of which is financed by private funds and existing passenger fees. Construction will begin shortly, with significant completion of portions of the airport opening in 39 months after the start of construction.

“This vote marks a critical step forward in our effort to overhaul LaGuardia Airport,” said Governor Cuomo. “Our plan will fundamentally transform LaGuardia – replacing what is now an outdated and poorly designed complex with the world-class airport New York has always deserved. This represents a major milestone for the project – the first of many – and I look forward to seeing construction begin later this year.”

The redesign plan will completely rebuild Terminal B, and construct a central hall and connecting concourse that will turn the airport into a single, unified main terminal with expanded transportation access, significantly increased taxiway space and best-in-class passenger amenities. The design reflects the recommendations from the Governor’s Airport Advisory Panel, including the new light-filled Central Entry Hall, which will connect Terminals B and C and unify the airport for the first time. By moving the terminal closer to the Grand Central Parkway, it will increase airport taxiways and reduce airport ground delays. In addition to the new terminal and Central Hall, LGP will also construct new roads, utilities, runway improvements, a new West Parking Garage and other supporting infrastructure.

Under an innovative public-private partnership, two-thirds of the $4 billion design and construction cost will be paid for by private financing and existing passenger fees. A private consortium, LaGuardia Gateway Partners, will design, build, operate and maintain the facility. The risk of cost overruns or schedule delays in the LaGuardia project will be transferred from the Port Authority to LGP, a private airport developer selected and approved in May 2015 by the Port Authority Board after a competitive request-for-proposals process.

Port Authority Executive Director Pat Foye said, "Approval of the lease with LGP is both the first major step toward Governor Cuomo's modernization of LaGuardia Airport and the largest public private partnership for new transportation infrastructure in U.S. history. The transaction brings private capital and expertise to an airport in desperate need of investment, and shifts the risks of complex construction in an operating airport environment from the Port Authority to well-capitalized private parties."

Port Authority Vice Chairman Scott Rechler said, “Modernizing our aging airport terminals demonstrates the Port Authority’s commitment to focusing on the region's transportation infrastructure. To achieve operating efficiencies, offer our customers the best in world-class service and meet the anticipated rise in passenger demand, it is imperative that the agency continues to make these investments in our airports.”

LaGuardia’s modernization will be a major economic boon for the region, generating $1.3 billion in wages and $5.2 billion in regional economic activity. Consistent with Governor Cuomo’s nation-leading goal of 30 percent participation of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprises, construction of the new Terminal B project will provide extensive economic opportunities for MWBE contractors in the Borough of Queens and the region.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...-moves-forward
Old March 25th, 2016, 01:36 AM   #205
Sorvete na Testa
Bracho. Paola Bracho!

Likes (Received): 7024

Why NY, NJ don't privatize the whole PANYNJ?
Old March 26th, 2016, 06:01 AM   #206
WillBuild

Likes (Received): 686

Port Authority Pledges Billions for Airport Upgrades and New Bus Terminal

The approval of the Port Authority's spending plans has been all over the news. Most have, understandably, focused on LaGuardia. It also includes a not measly $2.3B project at Newark Terminal A. Does anyone know more about that?

The New York Times reports

Quote:
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey voted on Thursday to spend tens of billions of dollars on transforming La Guardia Airport, enhancing Newark Liberty International Airport and building a new central bus terminal in Midtown Manhattan.
NJ.com has more details about LaGuardia

Quote:
Commissioners approved a $5.3 billion project to replace the 1964 era Terminal B and gave their blessing to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's plan to have a public-private partnership build a "central hall" to link the terminals. Of that total, $1.8 billion would come from private companies.
and Newark Terminal A

Quote:
A $2.3 billion replacement for the 1970's era terminal was approved to provide 33 gates to accommodate modern aircraft, which officials said was expandable if air travel demands required it. Passenger amenities of more retail shops and restaurants in the terminal after security were promised. mised.
Note that they call it a replacement. Which is fairly reasonable given the sum.

patel2897 liked this post
WillBuild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #207
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Wow , a replacement for Terminal A...although I think the whole Airport needs a replacement...its such a depressing site like LGA..
Old March 26th, 2016, 06:10 AM   #208
WillBuild

Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBuild View Post
Does anyone know more about that?
I dug a bit deeper. It might refer to this plan from 2014. The architecture and engineering firm, PGAL, refers to itself as the lead architect on the project website. Not sure how much is still relevant, but the basic details (number of piers) matches. A quote and few pictures here. More at the source.

Quote:
The project includes a 1 million SF Terminal Building on three levels in a "T" configuration that will provide 33 new domestic aircraft gates.

Quite a nice project. A huge departure from the existing circular three terminal layout.
WillBuild no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 06:23 AM   #209
Nexis
Dark Wolf

I guess their plan is to shift traffic over to that terminal , the demolish the old and build another terminal in its place...
Old May 14th, 2016, 01:20 PM   #210
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Taken from Rooftop on Hotel Indigo in Downtown Newark

Newark Liberty International Airport and Port Newark viewed from Hotel Indigo
by Corey Best, on Flickr

patel2897, Noodles7, shakman liked this post
Old May 16th, 2016, 12:57 AM   #211
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3598

Air India Starting new flight to Newark from Ahmedabad-London-Newark on B787-8 Dream)liner from August 15th 2016 Air India already opened reservation for its three weekly flights on this new route. flight number will be AI 171 AMD-LHR-EWR and AI 172 EWR-LHR-AMD http://networkthoughts.in/air-india-...ewark-flights/
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #212
Nexis
Dark Wolf

JFK Terminal 7 Shutdown

Old June 14th, 2016, 09:11 PM   #213
Nexis
Dark Wolf

LaGuardia Renovation Underway

Old July 8th, 2016, 12:22 AM   #214
patel2897
INDIA

( Taken By Me ) Air India VT-ALP Taking off from Newark to Mumbai AI 144 B777-300ER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

shakman liked this post
Old August 17th, 2016, 09:59 AM   #215
patel2897
INDIA

Star Alliance Member Air India started new route from Ahmedabad - London Heathrow - Newark from 15th August 2016 on B787-8 Dream)Liner. #‎AirIndia‬'s Inaugural Flight AI 171 arriving in Newark on 15th August 2016 ‪#‎AMDEWRviaLHR‬ ‪#‎MaharajahInNewark‬ ‪#‎StarAlliance Source : https://www.facebook.com/AirIndia/ph...type=3&theater

shakman liked this post
Old August 26th, 2016, 12:59 AM   #216
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1116

Last edited by Сталин; September 5th, 2016 at 06:21 AM.
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 09:45 PM   #217
Fabricio JF
ad scientia

Likes (Received): 6711

BOEING 737-924ERWL | 2XCFMI CFM56-7B26E MACH MACH 0.696 (853 KPH - 530 MPH) | UNITED AIRLINES | N37465 | 09/15/2016 | NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Image of my authorship
Casa Atlântica | Single project of Zaha Hadid to South America in Rio >> BP / ES

Zaz965 liked this post
Fabricio JF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:22 AM   #218
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 4832

Teterboro (TEB) | NJ

Newark Liberty (EWR) | NJ

cc: KB335ci2
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:37 AM   #219
KB335ci2