daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Makati

Makati The country's primary financial center

Old February 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #201
venntro

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvbaicrviser View Post
I hope gibain na ang Landmark at magtayo sila ng isang mataas na tower (70-storey office/hotel/apartment) sa pwesto nito. Department store parin ang ground floor hanggang 4th floor.
That part of Makati Avenue really needs a tall structure (plus 40 storeys) in order to remove the apparent monotony on the small structures in the area.
venntro no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2009, 05:38 AM   #202
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

Likes (Received): 42

purple lights on glorieta 5 like the Links
sloanesquare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #203
tonyboy

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
quoted from: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=432545

Ayala Malls' Glorietta 5: The hub of business and leisure
Updated January 18, 2009 12:00 AM

Ayala Malls sets out to innovate and demonstrate comfort and luxury once again at the lush confines of the urban setting in the Makati Central Business District as it opens its newest retail and business destination — Glorietta 5. The first glimpse into the redevelopment plans of Glorietta, the newly established mixed-use development spans a total of eight floors architecturally mastered with modern fixtures interiors that will soon house office space combined with local retail and dining favorites, all within Makati.

Home to state-of-the-art design and well-crafted structure, Glorietta 5’s modern architecture intersperses contemporary external wall façade treatment and high-ceilinged interiors with the familiar open spaces of Ayala Center. It opens a whole new boulevard of business opportunities with its eight-level building offering two levels of basement parking to serve five levels of cutting-edge office and three levels of retail and dining outlets. Enjoy local favorites and revel in the variety of restaurant choices.

Ayala Malls’ aim to integrate every Glorietta mall into one is achieved through an air conditioned walkway from Glorietta 5 to Glorietta 4 and a bridgeway to Rustan’s, maintaining interconnectivity within the center. Over 250 parking slots will be connected to the multi-level parking area of Glorietta 4, giving car owners more parking options and convenient access to more mall areas, providing maximum convenience to shoppers.

read the rest of the article at: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=432545

aba..tapos na pala ang glorietta 5. thanks for posting, thomasian!
tonyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:11 PM   #204
tonyboy

What Glorietta has in store for you

Quote:
Rediscover your local favorites from Glorietta 1 as they find a new home at the heart of the urban business and commercial Makati district in Glorietta 5! This premiere phase in the redevelopment of the Glorietta converges five levels of cutting-edge office spaces and three levels of retail and dining outlets, setting out to innovate and demonstrate comfort and utmost accessibility all in one mixed-use development.

Enjoy the variety of familiar gastronomic offerings in Glorietta 5 such as Chowking, Gerry’s Grill, Giligan’s Island, Mangan, Mongkok, North Park, Spaghetti Factory, The Soup Kitchen, Tokyo Tokyo, W Grill, and Yellow

Cab Pizza.
Jewelry and watch stops Alexis, Czarina’s, DG Alahas, Ding Velayo, Evie Costa, F&C Jewelry, Mercelles, Moissanite, Ocampo’s, Prima Gold, Secondo, Seiko, and Vanafi can be found in Glorietta 5 while specialty stores like Carolina’s, Fabric Warehouse, Kristine fabric shops, tailoring shops like Carriage Shop, Patrix Custom, and Vida Doria, Optical stores Rita Optical, Shades, The Optical Shop, and Magno Optical are now open as well.

Personal needs stores — from appliance to electronics shops like Abensons, Blims & Sogo, and Camerahaus to personal needs stores like National Bookstore, M.S. Somera, beauty stop Avon and Ricky Reyes Hair Salon — are all nestled conveniently in Glorietta 5.

Favored brands for fashion fiends such as Akita, Artwork, Bench, Bobby Novenario, Brandorama, Bread and Butter, Celine, Chesca, Classified, Confetti, Dresslab, Edgar Allan, Ensemble/Freeway/Solo, Folded & Hung, Skechers, GIBI, Infini Line, Itti, Otto, Jag, Janylin, Jose, K2, Kandy and Karen, Karimadon, Le Donne, Leaveland, Maldita, Manel’s, Marcella’s, Meg, Mendrez, Margay, Milani, Mocha, Mondi, Ohrelle, Plains and Prints, Prizms, Rusty Lopez, S.O. Fab, Terrie, Trevise Unica Hija, Via Venetto, and Wrangler also opened shop in this new retail haven.

Quote:
Ayala Malls shoppers are likewise in for a treat! With the extended Big Handover Sale, now you can enjoy great discounts at Glorietta 5’s newly opened participating establishments ongoing now!
As Ayala Malls remains steadfast in maintaining world-class facilities by providing opportunities for entrepreneurs, workers, and shoppers, while upholding sustainable development measures, the future of business and leisure converges at Glorietta 5!
source: philstar.com
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM   #205
venntro

Am not really a fan of the new Glorietta 5. I was expecting more from the Ayalas considering that the location is so prime.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:16 AM   #206
rjekonomista

well, it's really intended to be a BPO office, I think the retail part is just a bonus... somewhat like what they've done with 6750 (although 6750 is a much larger, better, and grander office building)...
rjekonomista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #207
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

i agree.its a box with nice exterior facade when lit...but hey its an AMERICAN architect....so its must be good yeah?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM   #208
leechtat
@jpareyes

Likes (Received): 140

it is.. but its quite small, and i agree, i don't like the flooring... though very nice al fresco dining area at those restaurants with balcony facing g4, quite superb.. i can see myself dining in that area...

"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:20 AM   #209
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 494

Quote:
Originally Posted by venntro View Post
Am not really a fan of the new Glorietta 5. I was expecting more from the Ayalas considering that the location is so prime.
Hmmm, they'll probably redevelop G5 after the redevelopment of G1-G4
Old February 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM   #210
tonyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by venntro View Post
from my stand point...glorietta 5 may increase the property values of the condos along apartment ridge...

if i decide to sell..good for me.. but if i want to hold...mayor binay will get his pound of makati higher property tax...
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:46 PM   #211
Muymuy

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Quoted from:
http://www.asianjournal.com/balikbayan/real-estate/289-glorietta-redevelopment-under-way-.html

ALI president Jaime Ayala, in a emailed response to Philippine Daily Inquirer, said part of the process is to demolish the old Glorietta 1 and 2 sections of the mall complex as well as “Goldcrest”, the flea market area, to make way for “a brand new, mixed-use development that will consist of fresh flagship stores and updated concepts from the mall's existing Glorietta 1 and 2 merchants.”

----

from http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=86

What Glorietta has in store for you

Rediscover your local favorites from Glorietta 1 as they find a new home at the heart of the urban business and commercial Makati district in Glorietta 5! This premiere phase in the redevelopment of the Glorietta converges five levels of cutting-edge office spaces and three levels of retail and dining outlets, setting out to innovate and demonstrate comfort and utmost accessibility all in one mixed-use development.

Enjoy the variety of familiar gastronomic offerings in Glorietta 5 such as Chowking, Gerry’s Grill, Giligan’s Island, Mangan, Mongkok, North Park, Spaghetti Factory, The Soup Kitchen, Tokyo Tokyo, W Grill, and Yellow Cab Pizza.

Jewelry and watch stops Alexis, Czarina’s, DG Alahas, Ding Velayo, Evie Costa, F&C Jewelry, Mercelles, Moissanite, Ocampo’s, Prima Gold, Secondo, Seiko, and Vanafi can be found in Glorietta 5 while specialty stores like Carolina’s, Fabric Warehouse, Kristine fabric shops, tailoring shops like Carriage Shop, Patrix Custom, and Vida Doria, Optical stores Rita Optical, Shades, The Optical Shop, and Magno Optical are now open as well.

Personal needs stores — from appliance to electronics shops like Abensons, Blims & Sogo, and Camerahaus to personal needs stores like National Bookstore, M.S. Somera, beauty stop Avon and Ricky Reyes Hair Salon — are all nestled conveniently in Glorietta 5.

Favored brands for fashion fiends such as Akita, Artwork, Bench, Bobby Novenario, Brandorama, Bread and Butter, Celine, Chesca, Classified, Confetti, Dresslab, Edgar Allan, Ensemble/Freeway/Solo, Folded & Hung, Skechers, GIBI, Infini Line, Itti, Otto, Jag, Janylin, Jose, K2, Kandy and Karen, Karimadon, Le Donne, Leaveland, Maldita, Manel’s, Marcella’s, Meg, Mendrez, Margay, Milani, Mocha, Mondi, Ohrelle, Plains and Prints, Prizms, Rusty Lopez, S.O. Fab, Terrie, Trevise Unica Hija, Via Venetto, and Wrangler also opened shop in this new retail haven.

Ayala Malls shoppers are likewise in for a treat! With the extended Big Handover Sale, now you can enjoy great discounts at Glorietta 5’s newly opened participating establishments ongoing now!

As Ayala Malls remains steadfast in maintaining world-class facilities by providing opportunities for entrepreneurs, workers, and shoppers, while upholding sustainable development measures, the future of business and leisure converges at Glorietta 5!
reading through the list of shops in this G5 makes you realize na hindi pala to high end considering na katabi lang ng rustans. nung umuwi kami last year ginagawa pa lang ito and I thought high end sya dahil sobrang ganda ng location at alam mo naman na pag along ayala ave. you will always imagine the likes of the stores in 6750 and Rustans.
Muymuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #212
sloanesquare
Tennyson House SW3 2SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muymuy View Post
reading through the list of shops in this G5 makes you realize na hindi pala to high end considering na katabi lang ng rustans. nung umuwi kami last year ginagawa pa lang ito and I thought high end sya dahil sobrang ganda ng location at alam mo naman na pag along ayala ave. you will always imagine the likes of the stores in 6750 and Rustans.
if Rustans is so high end, how can the exterior paint look so dirty. look at the bridge to Essenses....dirty concrete ..the DEBENHAMS lighting does not work..(wake up maintenance) .thats what make Ayala Commercial makati so forgetable..because visually its very ordinary, name recall will be poor.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:00 AM   #213
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 160

included pala sa ni-close na section ng Glorietta 1 yung food strip across it.. ginigiba na nila si Gerry's Grill hanggang North Park.. I'm wondering kung pati yung Max's hanggang W Grill eh gigibain din nila...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #214
leechtat
@jpareyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanesquare View Post
if Rustans is so high end, how can the exterior paint look so dirty. look at the bridge to Essenses....dirty concrete ..the DEBENHAMS lighting does not work..(wake up maintenance) .thats what make Ayala Commercial makati so forgetable..because visually its very ordinary, name recall will be poor.
i quite agree, apmc is slacking a bit... but i disagree on the name recall point, ayala is already a mega-brand known by all... when you own ayala, the masa consensus would connotate that you are rich and successful. or if you work in the ayala-made makati cbd, again, it encourages the same idea of success and opulence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muymuy View Post
oo nga, hindi siya high-end.. i was surprised as well... but possibly greenbelt caters to that section of the market instead... now since more commuters pass by the area of glorietta, g5 stores are suitable for the location...

-
---
-----

Old February 24th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #215
Mojacko

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
included pala sa ni-close na section ng Glorietta 1 yung food strip across it.. ginigiba na nila si Gerry's Grill hanggang North Park.. I'm wondering kung pati yung Max's hanggang W Grill eh gigibain din nila...
Yes, I noticed too that demolition works have already begun on parts of that block of restaurants across Goldcrest. Interestingly, it was not too long ago (April 16th last year - I even posted my documentation of it on the "Fairmont-Raffles" thread) that my officemates and I celebrated our boss's birthday with dinner there while demolition works on Park Square 2 were in full swing.

Speaking of which, would anyone know if my personal presumption of Goldcrest's lease with Ayala expiring (or even already expired) true? With the entire Glorietta 1 wing vacated and all vehicular and pedestrian passageways around that area all closed off, Goldcrest is undoubtedly cut off; as a matter of fact, just a week or two ago, I have noticed that the shops and boutiques there are likewise all closed and their employees have begun packing away what's left of their merchandises. Any light shed on this matter - information to confirm my guess - would be very much appreciated.
Mojacko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #216
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 160

well.. I think Goldcrest's leas must have expired already as it is now closed and there is no way for anyone to go there with the whole Glorietta 1 and 2 being closed to pedestrian traffic.
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #217
royale_013
Pilosopong Tasyo.

ayala is lving up rof sustainability sana yung ibang developers ganyan din...

ang taong matalino
sa gulo lumalayo.

BF for President BF for President BF for President

YES to CHA-CHA
royale_013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #218
venntro

Quote:
Originally Posted by royale_013 View Post
ayala is lving up rof sustainability sana yung ibang developers ganyan din...
What does that mean?
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #219
leechtat
@jpareyes

ALI is promoting sustainability in their communities i.e. Nuvali...

sustainability: a lifestyle involving the use of sustainable methods such as double-piping in all homes and bldgs in Nuvali..

-
---
-----

Old March 7th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #220
rmn

The Center that Throbs with Life
By Rowena C. Burgos
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 00:57:00 03/08/2009

Filed Under: Retail, Lifestyle & Leisure
DESPITE the global uncertainty, Ayala Malls pursues the transformation of Glorietta 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Makati City into a world-class business and entertainment hub.

Ayala Center's redevelopment will include "the Glorietta malls and everything outside the malls," says Marivic Añonuevo, senior vice president, Ayala Malls Group and Ayala Land Businesscapes Group, Ayala Land Inc.

"Glorietta's redevelopment includes the mixed-use character of the place," says Meean Bautista-Dy, vice president, Strategic Landbank Management Group, Ayala Land Inc. "Mixed-use is a complete living experience. Work, live and play. Ideally, you can live and work there and also do your shopping, It's a sustainable way of living that you don't have to travel all that much."

One of their objectives, Dy says, is to make the 300,000 sq m-Ayala Center as "the most premiere in the country at par with other business and entertainment centers in the world. At the same time, we want people to see more office buildings and high-end hotels."

Ayala Center is bounded by Ayala Avenue, Edsa, Antonio Arnaiz Ave., Paseo de Roxas and Legaspi St. in Makati's central business district. The development originally started with the Glorietta malls and Greenbelt, before expanding itself to cover over 50 hectares of facilities. Today, the complex includes Ascott Makati, two parks, several cinemas (located within Glorietta and Greenbelt), a chapel and Ayala Museum showcasing significant exhibits on Philippine culture and history.

Other shopping malls in Ayala Center are The Landmark, Park Square 1 and 2, SM, Rustan's and 6750 Ayala Avenue. The major hotels are Hotel Intercontinental Manila, Dusit Thani, New World Renaissance Hotel and Shangri-La Makati.

Raffles International Hotel and Fairmont Hotel will soon rise as part of the Center's redevelopment.

Cutting-edge

According to Añonuevo, Glorietta 1 and 2 is a 15-year-old development. Glorietta 3 and 4, on the other hand, are the newer developments. "But the whole scheme of Ayala Malls’ redevelopment will have a very exciting, cutting-edge design," she says. "We encourage our tenants to follow such design. National Book Store, for example, will have to upgrade its merchandise."

A pedestrian highway through the mall is also on the drawing board. "The activity center is like a highway; it will not just be a convergence zone. To me, that's the distinctive feature of the Glorietta redevelopment," Añonuevo says.

"On what was perceived before as the back of Ayala Center, we are going to create a green boulevard from Makati Avenue to Edsa and from Ayala Avenue to Pasay Road. It will be a wider street to be lined with trees. The street will only be open to vehicles at certain times of the day," Añonuevo explains.

To make malling more fun, convenient, comfortable and entertaining, Ayala Center allocates a larger land area for open space and parks. "In these parks, people can relax while sitting on benches or jog and do yoga. Through the green street, we want to ensure that pedestrians will have a pleasant walking experience," Dy says.

More intersect ramps will be put up, Dy says, where vehicles go underground at the basement parking area as soon as they enter Ayala Center. "These will lessen vehicles on the road. All the parking areas will be connected so you can go inside from one intersect ramp to another mall."

But, Añonuevo assures the public that such improvements "will not create a concrete jungle."

The Center's redevelopment will be completed in 2012.

Philosophy

Ayala Malls’ philosophy has always been "to be ahead of the curve. Dynamism and innovation should be our mode of work," Añonuevo says.

For Dy, Ayala Center plays a significant role in making Makati a prime city. "Ayala Center is like a keystone that makes the city unique. Part of our vision is to ensure it continues to play that role."

It is also Ayala Center's plan to "get more out of the land. That's why our plan involves a lot of densification. You've seen malls. Soon, you will see buildings on top of these malls," Dy says. "For the same amount of land area, you're actually increasing the amount of revenue or leasing income. We started with Ascott, which is on top of Oakwood."

Glorietta, on the other hand, will have a rooftop park similar to Ayala Center's Trinoma in Quezon City.

For Ayala Center, the challenge lies in having the redevelopment in phases while business operations are ongoing in other sections. "But once it's completed, people don't have to go to other places. With Greenbelt and Glorietta alone, we already serve a broad range of market," Dy says. "The highlight of this ongoing project is how Ayala Land makes use of the land in a responsible way, with respect for the people who will ultimately be experiencing this redevelopment."

Meanwhile, Añonuevo hopes that with the continuous innovation and improvements Ayala Center is undertaking, "people won't get bored with our offerings. We'd like to think that through our products, we're giving back to the community."