daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #41
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Yes, that's what I was trying to say also . I was just saying that it isn't that big a problem as it could have been if the carriageways were not separated.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #42
OMH

Likes (Received): 14

well i dont think its U>S because the highway looks european,though the building on the left side irritates a bit,it looks very american indeed...for the cars,donnobut mostly look european...maybe denmark or sweden,cant imagenCZ!
OMH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:03 PM   #43
Wallaroo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFM View Post
American number plates, american signs, white line in the middle, American exit sign, up the off-ramp a (best seen if zoomed in) a European no parking sign and a white direcional sign.

Where is this? I don't get it.
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/
It is definetely NOT in North America, due to the European vans (Ford Transit in opposite direction) and the European sized truck ahead. With my eye for details I can see that its not from Denmark, Germany, France, or Italy. Maybe the Netherlands, Belgium, or southern Sweden with some fake inserted signs.
Wallaroo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM   #44
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

We already established it's from the UK, the picture was mirrored so it looks like the cars are driving on the right, hence why that title on the Mercedes had to photoshopped as well, not to look odd.
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM   #45
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

It´s not in the Netherlands. There is no such situation that i know of (and i've driven virtually every major road here), and we don't have such lampposts.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM   #46
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

OMG, you guys are wasting way too much time in this thread, how 'bout sth not photoshopped?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:31 PM   #47
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriszwolle View Post
It´s not in the Netherlands. There is no such situation that i know of (and i've driven virtually every major road here), and we don't have such lampposts.
see post 44

I'm amazed you haven't picked this up. It's obviously the UK. Check out the markings ie: shorter than normal lane markings, very dense exit lane markings, and broken border line at the chevrons at the exit split. Not to mension that the image has obviously been photoshopped to create the illusion of driving on the right ie: the Mercedes make
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:32 PM   #48
KIWIKAAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaroo View Post
It is definetely NOT in North America, due to the European vans (Ford Transit in opposite direction) and the European sized truck ahead. With my eye for details I can see that its not from Denmark, Germany, France, or Italy. Maybe the Netherlands, Belgium, or southern Sweden with some fake inserted signs.
See post 44
Old October 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM   #49
7t

Although the car plate may look suspicious, it's very likely that this is taken somewhere in Pennsylvania or South Jersey. The car in front of it has Jersey plates and i know these roads quite well since i've lived in that part of the country for 11 years.
This is a typical highway in the Northeast, in fact it resembles Highway 287 a lot.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM   #50
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Although the car plate may look suspicious, it's very likely that this is taken somewhere in Pennsylvania or South Jersey. The car in front of it has Jersey plates and i know these roads quite well since i've lived in that part of the country for 11 years.
This is a typical highway in the Northeast, in fact it resembles Highway 287 a lot.
The dashed paint at the gore point (where the ramp diverges) is NOT USA standard. It is solid there in the USA.

I have also not been able to match that image with any high-resolution aerial image in the northeastern USA.

I agree that it is likely an image of a British motorway that was 'reversed'.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM   #51
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

i think that the best way to find out where it is should be the place where exit lanes divide from main road - you see that line that signs dividing-island is dashed, not solid! that could give answer.

the problem is that i don't know which country has that dashed line and i still think it could be Finland rather than UK
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM   #52
KIWIKAAS

thanks mgk920

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7t View Post
Although the car plate may look suspicious, it's very likely that this is taken somewhere in Pennsylvania or South Jersey. The car in front of it has Jersey plates and i know these roads quite well since i've lived in that part of the country for 11 years.This is a typical highway in the Northeast, in fact it resembles Highway 287 a lot.
Obviuosly you did'nt pat any attention to the road markings there as those pictured are British standard
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM   #53
KIWIKAAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i think that the best way to find out where it is should be the place where exit lanes divide from main road - you see that line that signs dividing-island is dashed, not solid! that could give answer.

the problem is that i don't know which country has that dashed line and i still think it could be Finland rather than UK
Has already been established. Answer = UK
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM   #54
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The white roundabout sign at the end of the exit looks pretty British.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM   #55
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Yeah, it's the UK.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:33 PM   #56
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

but question is not finally answered, we should get the exit number or name and which road that is
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM   #57
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
but question is not finally answered, we should get the exit number or name and which road that is
The exit sign is fake, the numver probably to and in the UK there would be a few motorways / dual carridgeways with that many exists.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM   #58
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFM View Post
The exit sign is fake, the numver probably to and in the UK there would be a few motorways / dual carridgeways with that many exists.
none.

A1 (M) 65 exits
M4: 49 exits
M6: 44 exits
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM   #59
KIWIKAAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
As DFM and Chriszwolle alrady stated - there's no way we can locate this spot other than by trawling through all UK road images and/or searching all UK dual carridgeways untill you find one that matches this particular one.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM   #60
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think you should search near populous area's, because the 2 lane ramp. That's not on every exit. too bad this section is 2x3 lanes, what most of the British motorways are.