daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 27th, 2016, 10:15 AM   #1981
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

I see. Thank you.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #1982
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

2x4 lanes at 110 km/h will be available on E20 Køge Bugt Motorway from 31 October

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/om-...otorvejen.aspx

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, milipumba, Festin, Nikolaj liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 11:09 PM   #1983
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Yes, since 2012 feels forever. I'm happy I take the S train towards Cph and home.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #1984
milipumba

Likes (Received): 467

My not so professionel pictures from today.

Highway89, Luki_SL, SRC_100, Festin liked this post
milipumba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2016, 05:41 PM   #1985
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Næstved Bypass opened to traffic yesterday.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

SRC_100, Luki_SL, ADP liked this post
Old October 31st, 2016, 08:24 PM   #1986
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Always thought Denmark was among the most boring countries to drive through, especially when there was no motorway the last stretch to Rödby. Even thought they were working very slow.

But I must admit that I was wrong, and I am really impressed with the amount of 4 laned motorway in each direction, they have also constructed it within a good deadline since the road was used at the same time. So keep it up Danmark, when it is not raining the love will be gaining (spellcheck)
Old November 2nd, 2016, 01:09 AM   #1987
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

Its driving on motorways that is boring.

Denmark is more interesting if you exit the motorway for a bit.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2016, 11:12 AM   #1988
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yep, this summer I avoided E20 because of an accident west of Odense, and I took Secondary Route 303 from Odense to Brenderup. It was quite scenic.
Old November 16th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #1989
bongo-anders

So this is how 4x4 lanes look like on the Køge Bugt Motorway

And a upper look on the western exit/entrance ramps on exit 32.

First over Lyngvej

And the exit/entrance ramps

btw is it called an entrance ramp when you enter the motorway, somehow it doesn´t sound right.

korbendallas, SRC_100 liked this post
Old November 16th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #1990
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 180

How about the northbound ramps, is there still a temporary roundabout there?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/55.48449/12.16683
korbendallas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #1991
bongo-anders

Yes until the end of November where it should be done.
Old November 17th, 2016, 10:24 AM   #1992
satanism

Likes (Received): 5497

Quote:
btw is it called an entrance ramp when you enter the motorway, somehow it doesn´t sound right.
onramp and offramp
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 12:38 AM   #1993
bongo-anders

Thank you, I just knew it wasn't right
Old November 19th, 2016, 09:17 PM   #1994
TH_DK

Likes (Received): 229

Expansion of E45 between Aarhus S and Skanderborg S to 2*3 lanes has been approved.

Construction will start in the summer of 2017 after the planning stage has been completed.

I expect that the motorway opens in the summer of 2019.

Cost 524 mill.DKK.

Average Traffic per day: 62.000 Vehicles (2016).

ChrisZwolle liked this post
TH_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:21 AM   #1995
ADP

Likes (Received): 4

EIA report of a motorway between Næstved and Rønnede

The Danish Road Directorate have made a EIA of a possible motorway between Næstved and Rønnede, and through that study they have suggested four different alignments.

A: A motorway north of Holme-Olstrup which will follow the existing road on the last stretch closest to Rønnede to the South Motorway (Sydmotorvejen). This proposal is the best investment because it has the community business and cost 1.5 billion kr.

B: A motorway that follows the existing road, but will go between Toksværd and Holme Olstrup and cost 1.6 billion.

C: A motorway. This solution is the more expensive and cost 1.7 billion kr.

E: A motorway south of Holme Olstrup and Toksværd, which links up with the motorway south of Rønnede. This motorway will be the cheapest and cost 1.2 billion kr.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vid...%20rapport.pdf
ADP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 06:12 AM   #1996
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 178

Is there really such a need for another motorway in Sjælland? I could understand if there was an issue with connecting Roskilde-Ringsted (at least it would be a second motorway entrance to Copenhagen from Jylland/Fyn). And traffic from west of the Great Belt to southern Sealand,Falster and Lolland (150k) can't be that much. Plus there's already a ferry (45 mins) between Lolland and Langeland/Fyn with good connecting roads to the ferry terminals on both sides, and as the choice is to either pay for that ferry or the bridge you still have to pay anyway.

I mean, building a full scale motorway to connect a town of 43k would in most places be considered unnecessary and extremely superfluous.
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:17 AM   #1997
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Nah, countries like the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium or even France have almost no cities that size not connected by at least a four-lane highway.

Another potential motorway corridor on Sjælland is Roskilde - Ringsted.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM   #1998
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

It is not really about which size of the town/city the particular road is leading to, but what traffic it has to accommodate and service.

The current narrow 2 lane road - winding through a couple of villages, forrest and hills - carries around 15.000 to 20.000 cars a day, and is in dire need of upgrading/replacement. Initial planning concluded that upgrading of existing road is not a viable solution, as the current road has to many side entrances.

The current Danish road manual for new roads in open land basically only has three standards: 1+1 road designed for 80 km/h, 2+1 roads designed for 100 km/h or a full motorway (29 m width) designed for 130 km/h. Given the projected traffic of around 20.000 vehicles per day a 2+1 road was not sufficient and a full motorway has a better internal rate of return than the 2+1 road. In other countries a 2+2 expressway might have been an option, but this road standard has only been used in one recent project in Denmark (the new Roskilde Fjord crossing), and has - since the extra cost of a full motorwayis relatively small - not been used other places.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 03:21 PM   #1999
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 178

Well yes, but how can a town with a population of 43k with a sparsley populated hinterland generate that amount of traffic? As I described in my earlier post, I fail to see there could be much of transit throughout the region from other parts of Denmark, and even if weighted for traffic to ports such as Gedser (most of those west of the Great Belt would travel down south over Padborg-Hamburg anyway, I can't believe they are that many taking this route) I simply fail to understand how you could come up with a AADT of 20k.

Slagelse kommune has a pop. of 78k apparently (wikipedia as source). Kalundborg kommune further up the western coast of Sealand 48k. Then there's traffic from west of the Great Belt, and I bet most of them don't travel to or from Næstved or its 150 k hinterland. Traffic from other parts of Sealand (~2 million) could use highway 14 from Ringsted or some other small, but seems to be decent roads (Sorø - Næstved, Næstved-Bårse, Næstved-Vordingborg ) and highway 54 east of Næstved connects the town to E47/E55 motorway towards Copenhagen. Maybe some straightening and bypasses are needed on these roads, that I can't tell. I am just astonished such a small town with so many options of roads to travel to and from there (it's not like the town is stuck in a narrow valley, and this is the only road everyone must take to transit through to bigger destinations) could generate that much traffic (20k AADT!) to warrant a new motorway.
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 03:45 PM   #2000
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

The route 54 traffic has nothing to do with international traffic or transit traffic. It is almost entirely traffic, especially commuter traffic, between the Næstved-area (80.000 inhabitants) and Copenhagen, and allready to day the daily traffic on route 54 is approx. 16.000-17.000 cars a day, expected to increase to around 20.000 in 2025.

Næstved is a popular place to settle if you want to buy a house within commuting distance from Copenhagen, as housing prices are considerably lower than the suburbs closer to Copenhagen.

The local authorities i Western Zealand has a wet dream of a continuation of the planned motorway to Slagelse or even Kalundborg, but due to lack of traffic this is very unlikely.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
legoland