daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #2081
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Tell me, in Copenhagen downtown there are very few cars (modal share under 10%), where do those many cars from Köge Bugt motorway and other motor- and expressways (Roskilde, Helsingör, etc) drive to?
Agreeing with what Chris and others have noted, I will add that it is a misunderstanding that the modal share of cars in central Copenhagen is less than 10%. In 2012 - according to the Municipality of Copenhagen, which constitutes Central Copenhagen - cars accounted for 41 % of all trips, bicycles for 33 % and public transport for 26 %. If you measure total transport (km driven) the car share is even larger (can't find it right now) as car trips generally are longer than especially bicycle trips.

Attus liked this post
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:14 PM   #2082
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

Some pictures of the Køge Bugt motorway taken Sunday and today.

Old May 25th, 2017, 07:02 PM   #2083
bongo-anders

Progress on Køge Bugt.

ChrisZwolle, kalaha, SRC_100, Ices77 liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 08:37 PM   #2084
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
SR502: Tjorring – Herning-Snejbjerg 10km (February 2015 to 28th May 2017) – projectmap
The 10km motorway section was inaugurated today. Source.

Was it also opened for traffic or will it be opened tomorrow?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #2085
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The 10km motorway section was inaugurated today. Source.

Was it also opened for traffic or will it be opened tomorrow?
It was opened for traffic from 14:30 yesterday, after completion of the various festivities.

MichiH liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:52 PM   #2086
bongo-anders

A little roundtrip around Egedesvej and Ølsemaglevej

They are done with the 2 outer lanes in the northern direction and has started with the 2 inner lanes.

At the railway they are building the kabelrende (cable trench?)

SRC_100, Luki_SL, Highway89 liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:41 PM   #2087
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Unlike Amsterdam and the largest Dutch cities I know Copenhagen only a little bit. I know basically the Danish road network, I know both main long haul motorways (Cph - Kolding and Cph - Hamburg) run together between Køge and the city, however that quite impressive traffic density surely needs some destination :-) And I simple looked for those destinations. My question was not any way offensive I simply would like to know ;-)
Before the motorway (Ringsted-)Køge-Copenhagen was built, there was a greater distribution of traffic to the west of Copenhagen ( long distance domestic traffic) as the main route to Jutland/Funen went through Roskilde-Ringsted to the ferries. Køge was just a town along the route from Copenhagen to southern Zealand and the ferries in Gedser/Rødby. Nowadays regardless of where you are heading from Copenhagen to the rest of Denmark there's this only motorway route to choose from (there are still ferries from Zealand to Jutland but not as frequent as there used to be, and you won't save much time in most cases either ). The old route Ringsted-Roskilde and Køge-Roskilde are still there but have not been upgraded in any significant way to be considered a viable alternative in most cases.

A remedy would be a motorway from Køge to Roskilde to divert some of this traffic (it would also be an impetus to invest more in Roskilde airport which was designed but not much used as a civilian airport). But then I guess some Jutish place has to be compensated for this in a similar way (most Danish investments are split in this way - A big investment on one side of the Great Belt has to mean there'll be a equally great investment on the other side).

Socio-economicaly the rich suburbs are to the north along the coast and 5-10kms in to land (not only the sea but there are some great lakes as well - Gentofte, Kongens Lyngby, Hørsholm etc). The southern Copenhagen area are generally poorer and have a lot more (polluting) industrial enterprises (Ishøj, Albertslund, Avedøre etc ). For this reason you can take the train Helsingborg-Elsinore in around 2hs and 180 kms instead of the ferry for 20 mins and 5 kms as the train connects many affluent suburbs to the north of Cph to the airport in the south and likewise many Scanian destinations to Cph and the airport.

Attus liked this post

Last edited by Grotlaufen; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:40 PM   #2088
bongo-anders

This is another way to use the construction site at the Køge Bugt motorway

They transported the bridge section for the new Køge Nord station from the port to the construction site.

http://koegenordstation.dk/

SRC_100, korbendallas, Attus, Ices77, DJaCoNdA liked this post
Old June 8th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #2089
bongo-anders

7 new service stations (on 4 locations) will soon be opened by Q8 and F24

5 of these will be unmanned F24 petrol stations and the last 2 on the Silkeborg motorway at Kalbygaard Skov N and S will be full service resting areas with Q8 petrol stations.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/om-...ejsnettet.aspx
Old June 8th, 2017, 11:35 PM   #2090
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

How much share have these companies at DK petrol market and what are the trends, are they newcomers, or just strong players?
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #2091
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ices77 View Post
How much share have these companies at DK petrol market and what are the trends, are they newcomers, or just strong players?
Q8 - and their unmanned brand F24 - is one of the big players on the Danish market. The biggest player is Circle K (and their unmanned Ingo brand), Circle K was previously Statoil, but has also bought a substantial part of Shell branded filling stations. Shell used to be the biggest player with 20-25 % of the market, and Statoil around 18-20 % and then Q8/F24 with around 15 %. But with Circle K (former Statoil) including a large number of Shell stations, they are undoubtedly the biggest player with Q8 and Shell somehow smaller.

Ices77 liked this post
Old June 9th, 2017, 02:13 PM   #2092
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Q8 - and their unmanned brand F24 - is one of the big players on the Danish market. The biggest player is Circle K (and their unmanned Ingo brand), Circle K was previously Statoil, but has also bought a substantial part of Shell branded filling stations. Shell used to be the biggest player with 20-25 % of the market, and Statoil around 18-20 % and then Q8/F24 with around 15 %. But with Circle K (former Statoil) including a large number of Shell stations, they are undoubtedly the biggest player with Q8 and Shell somehow smaller.
It is interesting to see how the market share varies a lot across countries. In Finland, the market share of benzin in 2016 were: ABC 30.7%, Neste 28.7%, SEO 2.7%, St1 22.7%, Teboil 15.9%, others 0.1%. The figures of diesel oil were 13.8, 38.1, 1.6, 18.6, 27.5, and 0.0 percent, respectively.

St1 has bought the business of Shell and Esso (and later sold part of the Esso to ABC). The brand name Esso is disappeared.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:04 PM   #2093
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

The Construction of two new ramps near Vemmedrup on E20 has started. It will be faster to get on E20 from my town, Ejby and Vemmedrup when the project is finished.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2017, 09:32 PM   #2094
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
When looking at adjacent map from vejdirektoratet, it seems, that unmanned stations will be also along motorways. So far it is not that common to see that, at least not in my country. I mean for sure unmanned stations are trend.

How about electric cars, are plug-in stations becomming common now, capital Copenhagen might be surely first to catch this.
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #2095
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

The motorway (E45 Østjyske Motorvej) between Aarhus S - Skandeborg S will become 2x3. The construction work will be finished at the end of '19.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #2096
Nikolaj

Strategic analysis of Helsingør-Helsingborg tunnel

This morning the Danish Minister of Transport has announced that together with the Swedish Transport Authorities a strategic analysis of a Helsingør-Helsingborg fixed link (most likeky a tunnel) will be launched.
https://www.trm.dk/da/nyheder/2017/u...og-helsingborg

The strategic analysis will include as well a road connection only as a combined road-railway connection. The strategic analysis is expected to last 3 years.

A Ringway 5 motorway around Copenhagen is not part of the analysis, and will according to the minister not be a condition for a new fixed link.

ChrisZwolle, devo, kapo311 liked this post
Old June 26th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #2097
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

I hope it becomes reality. It will shave another 40 kilometers off the route to Sweden (and Norway).

Combined with the Femern Bælt Tunnel, it would increase the 1000 km range for me from Halmstad to Uddevalla or way past Jönköping, even bringing Oslo and Stockholm within a day of driving if you're really going for it (and traffic in Germany cooperates...)
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #2098
Nikolaj

Rapid growth in motorway traffic

Vejdirektoratet has just published traffic counts for 1st quarter 2017, and it shows that motorway traffic in 1st quarter of 2017 has increased by 7,1 % compared to 1 st quarter 2016.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/om-...e-kvartal.aspx

Over a a 3 year period the average traffic (AADT) increase on motorways has been 5 % per year, and since 2010 motorway traffic has increased by 25 %.

A good example is E45 in East Jutland, with the Vejle Fjord Bridge as a major bottleneck, traffic has increased from an AADT of 64.129 in 2010 to an AADT of 82.482 in 2016 and year-to date 2017 of 87.420.
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #2099
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I hope it becomes reality. It will shave another 40 kilometers off the route to Sweden (and Norway).
I believe it saves zero kilometers. For most people wanting to save kilometers, the current Helsinborg-Helsingör ferry connection is the favourite route. The typical waiting time is a few minutes only, and there is a possibility to take a coffee break with a sea view.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #2100
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

Not compared to route via the Øresund Bridge, which seemed quite obvious to me. Ferries suck, I avoid them when I can. What is a 'coffee break with a sea view' for some may be an unwanted stop for others.

The Helsingør - Helsingborg ferry cost is € 55 one way (plus coffee ), more expensive than the Øresund Bridge tolls + fuel and it doesn't save travel time either despite the shorter distance.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
legoland