daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2017, 02:17 PM   #2141
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

14 km motorway to be opened ahead of schedule

Vejdirektoratet has announced today that part of the remaining motorway section between Herning and Holstebro (Primary Route 18) (14 km) will be opened in late November 2017, which is about a year ahead of schedule.

See press release and map of the section to be opened in November, and the remaining section, where the official opening date remain late 2018.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/om-...-november.aspx

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vej...-Holstebro.jpg

ChrisZwolle, MichiH, Søren L liked this post
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #2142
Søren L

Likes (Received): 3

The diverging diamond intersection, exit 52 Odense SV opened to traffic yesterday. If you search for "Ruderkryds" on YouTube, you can se a video drive-through made by fyens.dk

bongo-anders liked this post
Søren L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:06 PM   #2143
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

The article is in danish but it says that the mayors of Køge, Ishøj, Vallensbæk, Høje Taastrup and Ballerup wants to get a Ring 5 south motorway build and has given some money to get it studied properly.

With Ballerup in the mix I´m guessing they want to get it build all the way from Køge to somewhere on the Frederikssunds motorway.

I wonder why Solrød, Greve and Roskilde is not participating but they have probably not decided yet if they want to join in.

As I see it the motorway will pass the western section of Solrød Municipality around Havdrup and Greve Municipality around Tune so thats probably the reason why they havent joined yet.
But they will also see reduced traffic on the Køge Bugt motorway so they have something to gain as well.

Roskilde is not directly affected by this motorway but traffic on route 6 between Roskilde and Køge is getting more and more busy and a motorway will relieve congestion on this road as well.

The local business association and Roskilde Festival has talked about this project as an important thing for the future of Roskilde so they will have something to gain of the motorway.

http://sn.dk/Koege/Fem-borgmestre-vi...artikel/684287

My guess of a possible route.

https://map.krak.dk/m/m7xNk

Last edited by bongo-anders; September 18th, 2017 at 03:15 PM.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #2144
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Søren L View Post
The diverging diamond intersection, exit 52 Odense SV opened to traffic yesterday. If you search for "Ruderkryds" on YouTube, you can se a video drive-through made by fyens.dk
Embedded video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7Ns6HmEkI
korbendallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #2145
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
My guess of a possible route.

https://map.krak.dk/m/m7xNk
If the HH tunnel will be built, it would be great to have an extension of Ring 5 up to the future tunnel entrance...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #2146
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
If the HH tunnel will be built, it would be great to have an extension of Ring 5 up to the future tunnel entrance...
Local opposition against the northern part of Ring 5 is very big, and local politicians in this area is very well cconnected in parliament. The northern suburbs of Copenhagen is the place where money and political power is concentrated.

The HH-tunnel planning is based on the assumption that the northern part of Ring 5 is not required, but can be based on widening of current E47 towards Helsingør.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 12:52 AM   #2147
bongo-anders

Big news from Denmark

Besides lowering the taxes on cars the government and Dansk Folkeparti has agreeing on lowering the price on the Storebælt crossing by 25% and widening the motorway over Western Funen to 3 lanes.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/reg...e-om-bilafgift

kalaha liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:10 PM   #2148
bongo-anders

More info

The price reduction on Storebælt will first be in full effect when they have widened the motorway.

Also trains and trucks will get reduced prices, I don´t know by how much.

But the competing ferry service Molslinien is complaining about unfair competition, which I guess is fair enough.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:33 PM   #2149
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Will the toll rate at the Storebælt be reduced only for BroBizz or also for cash customers?

The cash toll rates at the Øresund are ridiculous. They charge € 50, I remember paying some € 35 not really that long ago (less than 10 years ago).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:10 AM   #2150
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Big news from Denmark

Besides lowering the taxes on cars the government and Dansk Folkeparti has agreeing on lowering the price on the Storebælt crossing by 25% and widening the motorway over Western Funen to 3 lanes.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/reg...e-om-bilafgift
Even worse for me as a frequent road user in Denmark is that according to this article they are planning on introducing a car toll following the German example
Thank you, Dobrindt!
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #2151
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Will the toll rate at the Storebælt be reduced only for BroBizz or also for cash customers?

The cash toll rates at the Øresund are ridiculous. They charge € 50, I remember paying some € 35 not really that long ago (less than 10 years ago).
The reduction will apply to all customers, but not necessarily 25 % reduction for all. The average reduction will be 25 %, but it has yet to be decided by how much for whome, and how and when it will be phased in.

The reduction will start in 2018, and will be completed when widening of E20 on Western Funen is completed. According to a spokesperson from Vejdirektoratet actual construction on E20 will start in 2019/20 and be completed latest in 2022.

I fully agree with Heico on the road user tax. As well the German original as the Danish copy is utterly stupid. As it will be a copy of the German, one could hope that it could be combined.

Heico-M liked this post
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #2152
metacatfry

Likes (Received): 22

aadt on the great belt bridge is already 40000 with a more than 10 percent fraction of heavy vehicles. Lowering tolls will probably spurr increased growth rates of traffic. Adding lanes across Funen likewise. Within 15 years it will become necessary to start discussions on increasing capacity across the Great Belt, or construction af alleviating alternative routes, like the Samsø bidges.
metacatfry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #2153
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post

I fully agree with Heico on the road user tax. As well the German original as the Danish copy is utterly stupid. As it will be a copy of the German, one could hope that it could be combined.
The tax plans sound shooting themselves in the foot. Even nowadays, driving through Denmark is pretty expensive. I made a quick comparison in the October price lists: The H-H+R-P ferries SEK 1200 one way, equaling to EUR 126. From Helsinki to Stockholm in a luxury cruising ship, one way including a decent cabin for two, and a car, again EUR 126.

Every additional cost will increase the attractiveness of the Trelleborg-Travemünde route.

OulaL liked this post
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #2154
verfmeer

Likes (Received): 51

But how many people travel from Finland to Germany by car? Most will take an airplane for that distance.
verfmeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:43 AM   #2155
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by verfmeer View Post
But how many people travel from Finland to Germany by car? Most will take an airplane for that distance.
Depends on where to go, how much stuff and how many persons to travel with and for how long time.

There are also direct ferries from Helsinki to Travemünde. There's one departure daily in each direction and the journey takes about 29 h. It has usually been quite expensive when compared to driving through Sweden and Denmark (ferry to Stockholm and tolls included) but we'll see how that develops in the future.
Old September 26th, 2017, 07:23 AM   #2156
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by verfmeer View Post
Many. Very many.
Old September 26th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #2157
Nikolaj

I don't agree on the new silly tax, but I don't think a 10 days e-vignet for 2,5 Euro really will matter when deciding to drive or sail from Finland to Germany. Ferry tickets, bridge toll and vehicle cost for several hundreds of Euros matter.
I believe you when say many, many Finns drive from Finland to Germany, but you rarely see Finnish cars in Denmark.
Old September 26th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #2158
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I don't agree on the new silly tax, but I don't think a 10 days e-vignet for 2,5 Euro really will matter when deciding to drive or sail from Finland to Germany. Ferry tickets, bridge toll and vehicle cost for several hundreds of Euros matter.
I believe you when say many, many Finns drive from Finland to Germany, but you rarely see Finnish cars in Denmark.
This sort of "we charge our investments from those bloody foreigners" attitude quite quickly turns into a zero-sum game where nobody is the winner.
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:01 PM   #2159
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Well if it is only 2,5 € for a 10 day vignette, that would be OK, but I thought I read 25 €. As everything is expensive in Denmark in the first place.

@MattiG: The point is that in Germany we are talking about 5% foreign cars to be tolled. The other 95% are Germans who are tolled too, but refunded through the vehicle tax.
Think of all the costs the system causes, it is not even sure it will make a profit. The whole thing was only made because of the many Austrian cars on the A8 between Salzburg and München (there is no inner-Austrian motorway connection to Innsbruck and on) so the regional CSU party wanted the Austrians to pay for using the German road.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #2160
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
This sort of "we charge our investments from those bloody foreigners" attitude quite quickly turns into a zero-sum game where nobody is the winner.
Fully agree with you Matti, and it only makes cross border traffic more difficult.

Tags
legoland