daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #261
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Back to the Herningmotorvejen; any chance it will be extended to the west coast of Jylland?
/\ Oh okay, thanks.

There's no way Herningmotorvejen will be extended to the west coast, not in many many years atleast, since there's absolutely no need for it. The westcoast, above Esbjerg, has a very low population desity with Ringkøbing as the biggest town with only some ~9600 inhabitants or so. And there's no big harbour either. In the summertime there can be some trafic, related to many tourists, but nothing that would justify a motorway. They might build some 1+2 parts some time in the future, since there are quite some big heavy transportations with windmills etc, but that's should also do the trick.

Also as written, the Herningmotorway doesn't have that much trafic either, probably some 20-25.000 (daily average) at most closest to Herning and Århus (and expected for the Silkeborg part too). The old Rute 15 was very bad though, so that, the regional development factor and local lobbying is probably why they decided to make it motorway all the way.

Today through Silkeborg there is daily jams because of the bad road, so it will be great when the last parts opens in 2016.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #262
mlm
Member #109

Latest version of my Danish Motorway map. The update since last version is that a few of the smaller UC parts have been completed (parts of Rute 18, most eastern part of Rute 15 abobe Århus, southern part of Rute 9 and nothern part of 21). I've also added the new Frederikssund Motorvejen (211) which seems very likely to be finally approved very soon, just like the last parts of Rute 15 and 18. (= last unapproved parts of Herning Motorvejen, the Silkeborg part, and of Midtjyske Motorvej). These two last ones were just a matter of time since the rest of the streches are already completed or UC.

The map. There could be a few things that needs to be corrected in the CPH area:

Old December 4th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #263
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Why is route 18 connected north of Vejle to E45 and not south of it? Vejlebroen is already quite busy.

By the way, Route 9 extends somewhat north of E20 near Odense. But it's very short.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #264
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Nice map mlm

Actually I've seen most main routes in Denmark. I mean, I've seen the entire north-south axis (Flensburg-Hirsthals) and a big part of the east-west axis (apart from the Esjberg-Kolding section), most motorways around Aarhus and Copenhagen, and the motorway from Copenhagen to the Puttgarden ferry. But there are still enough motorways left to explore

Sorry, I didn't make pics. I was in Denmark on holiday in Denmark in 2002, I was only 10 years old, and the last time was in 2005, sitting in the back of a bus
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #265
mlm
Member #109

/\ Thanks.

Quote:
Why is route 18 connected north of Vejle to E45 and not south of it? Vejlebroen is already quite busy.

By the way, Route 9 extends somewhat north of E20 near Odense. But it's very short.
True with Rute 9, I added a tiny part north of E20.

Why Rute 18 won't be connected south of Vejlefjord Broen is a mystery to many. It would indeed make much more sence, since the bridge is already quite congested, and it will be even worse in the future. It will be expanded to 3x2 lanes, but nothing more seems possible. The reasons I've heard is that a southern connection would be much more expensive, since there's quite a lot of hills in the area just west of Vejle. But in the long run it would probably still be cheaper, since the bridge would be able to handle the trafic for much longer time with the ~20.000 less cars each day.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #266
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

I took some pictures on last sunday on my way to work near my town.

Last edited by SeanT; December 9th, 2008 at 07:07 PM.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #267
jpeter

Likes (Received): 0

Can somebody post me a picture from Speed Limits in Denmark? Thanks
jpeter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #268
mlm
Member #109

/\ Not allowed to used their maps here in ssc, but you can see the motorway speed limits HERE. Yellow = 130 km/h - Blue = 110 km/h or less.

The map is a little outdated though.
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #269
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
/\ Not allowed to used their maps here in ssc, but you can see the motorway speed limits HERE. Yellow = 130 km/h - Blue = 110 km/h or less.

The map is a little outdated though.
It's actually so outdated the page wouldn't show...
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #270
mlm
Member #109

/\ Seems lile most pages on www.trafikken.dk gives a 404 error right now. I'm sure it will be up soon again...
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #271
SeanT
DK/H

It is very stupid that they don´t use "inteligent" roadsigns. In rushhour wouldn´t matter if it was 110Km/h but in the evening it is crazy near Copenhagen with 8 lines (or 10) and you are totally alone on the road and the speed limit is still 110
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #272
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

You mean overhead signs that adjust the speed limit to the amount of traffic? There is a sign in the Netherlands, when entering the southern part of the A10 and coming from Utrecht (A2). No matter how fast you're going, the signs will always say "U gaat te snel" (You're going too fast). Yes, even in the traffic jams!
Old December 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #273
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

110 in heavily urbanized area's seems okay to me. Noise pollution can be a problem. I agree it might look a bit slow, but you have to think of the people living near the motorvej.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #274
LtBk

Likes (Received): 3710

At least its better than 90km/h like most US urban freeways.
LtBk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM   #275
Dan

Likes (Received): 3

Or 70 here!
Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #276
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6385

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter View Post
Can somebody post me a picture from Speed Limits in Denmark? Thanks
[IMG]http://i44.************/ifve4h.png[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
It is very stupid that they don´t use "inteligent" roadsigns. In rushhour wouldn´t matter if it was 110Km/h but in the evening it is crazy near Copenhagen with 8 lines (or 10) and you are totally alone on the road and the speed limit is still 110
I fully agree, due to family in the Køge area I often find myself driving back home at night and when there's no cars and 5 lanes of new tarmac and even a fully lit freeway I does feel stupid to only drive 110 ( not that I do that anyways )

130 would make a lot more sense at night on the "Køge motorvej" and maybe 120 on evernings and between rushhours..
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #277
SeanT
DK/H

Quote:
110 in heavily urbanized area's seems okay to me. Noise pollution can be a problem. I agree it might look a bit slow, but you have to think of the people living near the motorvej.
What I´m talking about is for example a section between Køge and Ishøj.This section is not an urban motorway as you know. If you take M3 than I´m totally agree with you. Major part of this section goes through urban area.
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #278
SeanT
DK/H

I´ve just recived a nice picture of me and (my car). I was driving a little too fast in an urban area (50Km). My speed was 58Km.
The ticket I have to pay is € 66.66 (DKK500). I´m lucky I think.
The same would have cost me about € 233 if it would have been in Sweden, my friend told me. He is from Sweden.
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #279
Dan

Likes (Received): 3

183 euros (2000 sek) is the largest fine you can in Sweden I do believe, and that's for speeding a lot more than 8km. It would be a lot more than 500 dkk though.
Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #280
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
I´m lucky I think.
Lucky? These fines are sick.

Tags
legoland