daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #421
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Nice

Somehow, I have the idea that the pace of construction in countries like Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany is much slower than in Poland, Romania, Spain or Croatia. I mean, 6 - 10 years to complete a motorway in somewhat hilly terrain is quite long.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #422
LtBk

Likes (Received): 3711

Is really going to take 6 or so years to build that motorway at end of the previous page?
LtBk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #423
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Motorway construction isn't just slow - it's extremely slow. If a new road connection is proposed, they'll have to plan, vote, discuss, discuss the finance, wait some years doing nothing, then eventually start the construction if they aren't to rich and lazy to do so.
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #424
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

@ LtBk: If you're talking about the motorway with the bridge then it will open in 2012. It's the 3rd stage (of 4) of the Århus - Herning motorway (rute 15).

The main reason why this part has been so long underway is because the politicians couldn't agree on the line through/around Silkeborg right between Herning and Århus. I've made a little map showing the 4 stages of the ~75 long motorway, normally called "Herning motorvejen":

mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #425
mlm
Member #109

About the "Valley Bridge", they have made a new 3D video of how it's being made, quite interesting to see (if you're into that kind of thing ).

Not allowed to link directly to the video here, but you can find it HERE by clicking the first link (with the text "film").

I find it quite interesting how they're "just" pushing the road onto the bridge step by step.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #426
LtBk

Likes (Received): 3711

Aside from that new motorway, do you guys think Denmark should more motorways or upgrade existing ones?
LtBk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #427
mlm
Member #109

I've made a map with all the current and the ones planned. It's from last year, but only very little pieces has been opened since my last update:

I'm not the right one to say what is most needed in the Copenhagen area, but here in western justland the most important future projects must be expansion of the E45 (from 4 to 6 lanes) from Randers/Århus towards the border, and also expansion of E20 across Funen also to 6 lanes. I'm not sure, but both are either approved or should be soon.

On a longer prespective there has been talk about a completely new north/south motorway down through the middle of Jutland and a new bridge from south of Århus directly towards Zealand and Copenhagen - both project are long into the future if they ever happen. On smaller scales there also plans about a new motorway "ringroad" west of Aalborg, that will most likely happen sooner or later. And finally in Jutland, there's a lot of lobbying for an extention of the motorways around Herning towards the town of Holstebro, but not sure if that will happen either since the trafic is not very high - will be more a kind of "regional development" help that that is made.

HERE's another map with these proposed new motorways. The exact lines are nothing final of course.

Last edited by mlm; October 8th, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #428
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

A bridge from Aarhus to Copenhagen? That would be quite something. IMO it would be better to first finish the Fehrmanbelt bridge before starting on another project. A bridge from Aarhus to Copenhagen doesn't seem to be really necessary now, it only shortens the travelling time and distance.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #429
mlm
Member #109

Personally I agree, there's not really need for the so called "Kattegat Bridge". The expected pricetag of 13-20 billion EUROs doens't make it any better.

It's mostly supported by Århus and the surrounding cities, who feels a big need to be a closer to Copenhagen. While they expect lots of new development in the Århus area with such a bridge, I would expect that a bunch of Århus companies would move to Copenhagen instead, creating the complete opposite of what was the intention.

Fehrmanbelt is already approved, so that'll be build no matter what happens. It's very unlikely that anything else happens though as I see it...
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #430
Danielk2
DanielKK

Other projects are going on in Denmark as well, the 2-lane problem on northbound E45 in Nørresundby, creating those enormously long (1,7km ) lines just after Limfjordstunnelen, is finally going to be solved. Cost: 70 million DKK (just over 9 million €). So in a couple of years, traffic jams will be less horrible.
See PDF - here (in danish)
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #431
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Where is that 2-laned section? I can't find any 2-laned section on the E45 near Nørresundby. Or do you mean a 2×2 section that will become 2×3?
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #432
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

If u drive southbound the lanes is 3 before the tunnel... If u drive northbound the lanes are 2 after the tunnel....

So from exit Nørresundby to Vendsyssel trafficjunction is 2 lanes going north...
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #433
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

According to the Ministry of Transport website the widening of the E45 section from the Limfjordstunnel to Motorway Junction/kryds Vendsyssel will be widened from 2+3 to 3+3, with completion in 2011. The southbound direction was widened with completion in 2008.

The maps are missing out on a few projects allready more or less well advanced: Motorway to Kalundborg, Århus-Viborg and Odense/Nordfyn-Juelsminde/Horsens

*The 10 year infrastructure plan approved by a large majority of members of parliament in January 2009, in principle approved the motorway from Holbæk to Kalundborg (Route 23). It was agreed to upgrade the first section (approx. 9 km) of the current expressway to motorway to be complete by 2012. It was furthermore agreed to launch the full EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment - VVM in Danish) together with initial design of the next short section, which will be al new motorway. It is envisaged that this section will be complete by 2015. Finally it was agreed that EIA and initial design of the remaining sections will be launched in 2011.

*A full EIA and initial design of a motorway between Århus and Viborg (route 26) was also launched with the January 2009 infrastructure agreement. Initial design and EIA, will according to Ministry of Transport be completed by 2011.

*A number of so-called strategic studies was also lanched with the January 2009 infrastructure agreement. They include a new north-south motorway in Jutland going Kolding-Viborg-Støvring (south of Aalborg), and as alternatives either a new combined rail/motorway bridge link Kalundborg-south of Århus or a combined rail/motorway link from Odense/Northern Funen towards Juelsminde/Horsens, and finally a Copenhagen western outer ring and an eastern harbour tunnel ring. The strategic studies shall be completed by 2013 (eastern harbour tunnel in Copenhagen by 2011), after which it will be decided whether to launch EIA and initial design. Construction of the motorways included in the strategic studies will probably not be launched before after 2020, except perhaps the eastern harbour tunnel.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #434
mlm
Member #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
*A full EIA and initial design of a motorway between Århus and Viborg (route 26) was also launched with the January 2009 infrastructure agreement. Initial design and EIA, will according to Ministry of Transport be completed by 2011.
Where do you see anything about Viborg-Århus being upgraded to a motorway? I think the idea is to made some ringroad around the small villages the current Rute 26 is going through, but only as normal road or "motortraffikvej".

EDIT: Found some information on vd.dk and you're party right since the road looks like it could be motorway closest to Århus. Everything is still open on the rest of the strech. And since nothing is decided yet, it's not on my map.

Here's the page from Vejdirektoratet: http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/dokume...nt&objno=74604

Last edited by mlm; October 9th, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #435
Danielk2
DanielKK

Kosimodo is right, there are 3 lanes southbound (E45/E39 Interchange, Exit 21, Exit 22 merge, Limjordstunnelen) but northbound from the end of the tunnel to 500m or so before the interchange there's only 2 lanes. (And a stupid low speed limit of 90!)

And, kosimodo, do you live on the northern or southern side of Limfjorden??
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #436
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

According to Ministry of Transport website, the political agreement from January 2009, says Århus-Viborg, but with construction in a number sections.

http://www.trm.dk/graphics/Synkron-L...ortpolitik.pdf
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #437
mlm
Member #109

But it doesn't say that it will be motorway, just that a VVM will be made. You also need a VVM to build a new motortrafikvej. If you look at the link in my last post you'll see that it hasn't been decided whether to build the differrent parts as motorway or motortrafikvej yet, atleast not all of them as motorway.
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #438
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
And, kosimodo, do you live on the northern or southern side of Limfjorden??
You should know where Aalborg is!!
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #439
Danielk2
DanielKK

Yeah, i do. But do you know where dronninglund is??
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #440
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Region Nordjylland
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
legoland