daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM   #501
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Streetview in Denmark

Oh, what's that? Streetview in Denmark!

[IMG]http://i48.************/16m9jbn.jpg[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM   #502
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Cool! Even Dronninglund is on Street View!!

The coolest thing in Dronninglund, the Rørholt sign

[IMG]http://i47.************/33jtp2w.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:20 PM   #503
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Does it mean "ass"?
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM   #504
Danielk2
DanielKK

Close . The only thing in Denmark that means ass is Aars.
Rørholt is the town in which the ever so great guy Danielk2 resides.
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM   #505
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Ah. Rørholt sounds like "rear hole". I guess I don't need to explain that.
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:05 PM   #506
Danielk2
DanielKK

My dutch teacher pronounces it somehow like Rear-hole, so it just might sound like it to other dutchies as well.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM   #507
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

http://maps.google.dk/?ie=UTF8&ll=56...195.72,,1,9.26

always welcome in 'Aars'
Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #508
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I've been at that roundabout
image hosted on flickr
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:23 PM   #509
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Me to!

Funniest streetview in Copenhagen.. A cyclist wanted to take a pic of the google car with his mobil while cycling...

Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM   #510
Danielk2
DanielKK

Don't any of you realize that if streetview is going to be covering all numbered roads in the world, roadpics are gonna be unnecessary??

Old March 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #511
kosimodo
Mapmaker

To improve the speed on the interconnecting countryroads in Denmark the suggestion is to make so called 'swedish' roads where you have 3 lanes and a devider. As shown in the eksample below.

Gr8 plan.. not sure about the chosen section... Routenumber 13 (Aaalborg-Viborg-Vejle) and 26 (Viborg-Århus) would be better.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #512
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Very good. Route 11 is a nice road, but safe passing opportunities would be better. I do think they should also make an E45 - Hanstholm 2+1 road. It's an important route to the ferry.
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #513
kosimodo
Mapmaker

the route towards the ferry in Hanstholm is ment to be over the (future) motorway 18 towards Herning, Skive and Thisted. Nowadays parts are allready widend and with gsc's
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #514
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I see. I would take E45 and route 29 and 11 via Aars to Hanstholm, because you can stay on the motorway much longer. Route 11 is a quiet road by the way.
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM   #515
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

From German border to Hanstholm

E45-29-11: 346 km (~254 km motorway today)
E45 -18-34-26: 292 km (~203 km motorway when full open in 2012/2013)

That should make the Herning route faster when the Rute 18 is fully completed in a few years, they're building it now.

But about the proposed roads, I'm not so sure they'll be made in the first many years. I'll quote my answer from the Danish infrastructure thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
The things is that Venstre (political party in power) is having problems with their members in Northwestern Jutland (Holstebro, Struer and Lemvig municipalities) where many has stopped being members lately. This is mostly because many of unhappy with the decision to build the new hospital here in Gødstrup close to Herning, but also because 4 ministers (spelling?) from this part of Denmark lost their jobs a few weeks ago. As you can see in this interview with Henrik Qvortrup, it might just be "empty words" from Venstre.

Personally I don't really have an opinion about the proposal, never experienced much trafic on any of these roads anyway, not that I use them a whole lot though. But as Vesntre themself says, it's more a kind of "regional development help" than it's because the roads are congested today.
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #516
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Danish Ministry of Transport has just released a first screening report for various corridors for a proposed Central Jutland motorway,

The Central Jutland motorway has a dual purpose:

1) Relieving of congestion on the E45 motorway in eastern Jutland. E45 has currently an AADT of between 45.000 – 70.000 between Kolding and Randers and this number is expected to reach 60.000 – 120.000 by 2030. Widening from 2+2 to 3+3 on some of the more congested parts is underway, especially around Vejle which will be completed by 2013-2015. However it is forecasted that without a Central Jutland motorway 3+3 is required all the way from Kolding to Randers and 4+4 on some parts by 2030
2) Servicing Central Jutland with important airport and tourist facilities in Billund and larger towns as Silkeborg and Viborg (both around 90.000 inhabitants) currently of the motorway network.

The conclusion of the screening report is that corridors 1 and 3 will have the largest relieving effect - around 20 % of current traffic on E45 around Vejle and an AADT of around 20.000 – 25.000 (2009 level).

The report notes that the cost of a new 160-180 km. 2+2 motorway will be less than the cost of adding 2 extra lanes to E45 from Kolding to Randers.

A decision whether to construct a Central Jutland motorway or not and which corridor to choose is not expected until 2013, according to the Ministry. Other options will also be analyzed, including the effects of a proposed new link/bridge directly between Zealand and Århus. This proposed new link is however not expected to have a very large relieving effect for E45 around Vejle, as only a fraction of traffic is going all the way from Århus to Copenhagen and the far largest part of the traffic on E45 is regional and not exceeding 100 km. in distance.

http://www.trm.dk/graphics/Synkron-L...15-03-2010.pdf
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #517
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
and 4+4 on some parts by 2030
4x2 motorway in "rural" Denmark? I just can't believe it. Improve the horrendous train system first instead of keep widening the motorways.
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #518
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I have my doubts about those traffic volumes as well. Although traffic grows, it does not so endlessly, especially in an area with low population growth.

Often, they just pick a growth rate of 3%, and multiply it by the number of years; for example 100,000*1,03^20 = 180,611 in 2030. I'm not sure if that is the right way to do it. Traffic volumes over 100,000 in rural areas are very rare.
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #519
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

First of all we are not talking about 4x2 in”rural areas”, but the region in Denmark with the highest population growth. According to Statistics Denmark the population in eastern Jutland (Kolding to Randers) is expected to increase by 13,5 % before 2030. In comparison the population is only expected to increase by 4,4 % in the Copenhagen Region in the same period.

The Traffic Forecasts were carried a couple of years ago where a national Infrastructure
Commission did a comprehensive report to Parliament. For that purpose the national transport institute (DTF now DTU Transport) prepared a detailed traffic forecast. This forecast was based on various scenarios regarding economic growth, oil prices and population growth. This resulted in 2 or 3 scenarios for the traffic growth in various regions of the countries and depending on type of road. In this forecast the motorway corridor from Odense(Funen) to Århus was forecasted to have the highest growth in the country.

Based on the forecasts by DTF, the Road Directorate reported to the Infrastructure Commission that 6 lanes (3+3) was required all the way from Kolding to Randers by 2030 and that 8 lanes (4+4) was required at least on the central stretch from Skærup (South of Vejle) to Vejle North. This area can hardly be called “rural”.

Better trains (including semi-highspeed) are also part of the current analysis, but is hardly an alternative. Even doubling the number of passengers in the trains in Eastern Jutland (if that is possible) would hardly be noticeably on the roads.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #520
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Better trains (including semi-highspeed) are also part of the current analysis, but is hardly an alternative. Even doubling the number of passengers in the trains in Eastern Jutland (if that is possible) would hardly be noticeably on the roads.
True, this is often an issue with road projects in the Netherlands, leftist and environmental organizations want to have transit projects as an alternative in the corridor study, thinking it'll make a massive difference on the roads. However, several studies have shown the impact on traffic volumes is between 0 and 2%.

Tags
legoland