daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #581
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I've driven that motorway back in 2007. I was there during rush hour, and the road was busy (congested) from København until Roskilde. After Roskilde, it was free flow all the way.
Which is why it's getting expanded
Congestion usually ends at Fløng, since that's where the bottleneck is. They have to expand the motorway until the other side of Roskilde in order to beat the congestion.

At the morning Rush hour, the congestion starts at the other end of Roskilde and also ends at Fløng.
Spikespiegel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #582
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3606

I have two questions.

1) There was a rumour that Roskilde Festival would be missing the Odeon stage during the construction from 4 to 6 lanes at the motorway, but the stage was in place last year and it seems that it also is located there this year.
Did they find a way to avoid this area during construction?

If it helps i can tell you that the Odeon stage and the fairtrade/ecological area is located between Darupvej and the motorway and Maglegårdsvej and Lille Syd.

2) When they gonna build the new exit ramps from the motorway at the new Køge Nord Station what will the exit number be, will this one be called 31 B or are they gonna change all the exit numbers south and west of Køge so this would be 32 and the old 32 would be 33.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #583
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
When they gonna build the new exit ramps from the motorway at the new Køge Nord Station what will the exit number be, will this one be called 31 B or are they gonna change all the exit numbers south and west of Køge so this would be 32 and the old 32 would be 33.
I am not sure that there will be any new ramps. As far as I have understood, Køge Nord is due to be placed next to the Transport Center, and if that is true, I don't see why you would build new ramps, as the Ølby exit is right next to it.

About the numbering, they will probably do something like 31 B, until the numbering needs updating anyway.

If I remember correctly, the two ramps around Sdr. Dalby near Haslev had letters (A and B) until a few years back.
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #584
Fender56

Likes (Received): 528

In connection with the debate about a new A13 highway, my guess is that alone the southern most part (see sketch below), will kill up to half of all the traffical problems, in the area around the Vejle Fjord Bridge.

Traffic from the A18 and A13 can go by this new link and continue east, west or south from Kolding, with only few Km extra. If a trafficjam occours on the bridge, many will choose to go by this new A13 link.

So in my eyes, it´s not even neccesary to decide the complete A13 highway, they could start with this link alone.:

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #585
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

An A13 (Primærrute 13) motorway would be a great idea.
As of now, it's a long and boring low-speed (90 km/h) road all the way to Viborg.
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #586
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

Be carefull... 90 is to fast in Denmark!!

And thx Spikespiegel, nice update.. I will ask 'vejdirektoratet' soon about the numbering of the mentioned exits. Need to tlak with them anyway
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #587
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

ask them if I can get a discount on the toll rates as well...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #588
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3606

@ Spikespiegel

The new station is going to be located just northeast of a small village north of STC so a new ramp is going to be constructed at Egedesvej and it will also have a connection to a new "omfartsvej" around Lille Skensved.

The price of the ramp is a massive 120 million kroner but it will include a new bridge so the new railwayline and the widened motorway can pass under.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #589
Danielk2
DanielKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosimodo View Post
Be carefull... 90 is to fast in Denmark!
90 is the most common speed limit on Motortrafikveje.
I don't understand why they don't make it 100 km/h instead. There's not a big difference on driving 80 or 90.
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #590
kalaha

Likes (Received): 63

I don't like the name Hærvejsmotorvejen (Army Way Motorway). I think the project name should be Hærmotorvejen (Army Motorway) instead.

Probably just me, who like details
kalaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #591
Danielk2
DanielKK

Well, the original trail is called Hærvejen (I suppose you know your danish history).
By that, the name. It has nothing to do with the army anymore, so there's no point in dragging them into it.
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #592
kalaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
Well, the original trail is called Hærvejen (I suppose you know your danish history).
By that, the name. It has nothing to do with the army anymore, so there's no point in dragging them into it.
I know, but it just sounds stupid to have "vej" twice in the name.
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #593
Danielk2
DanielKK

Maybe they should give it a more neutral fancy name like Vestjyske Motorvej.

There already exists Nordjyske, Østjyske and Sønderjyske, so why not have all 4 names?
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #594
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 115

The Vejle-Herning motorway along A18 is already called "Midtjyske Motorvej". It would be pretty weird to have a "Vestjyske Motorvej" east of the "Midtjyske Motorvej".
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #595
Danielk2
DanielKK

it's also weird to have the Nordjyske motorvej south of Frederikshavn- and Hirtshalsmotorvejen
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #596
SeanT
DK/H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm View Post
The Vejle-Herning motorway along A18 is already called "Midtjyske Motorvej". It would be pretty weird to have a "Vestjyske Motorvej" east of the "Midtjyske Motorvej".
Perhaps we should start to name the different motorways with a letter and number as many other countries do so.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #597
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Perhaps we should start to name the different motorways with a letter and number as many other countries do so.
We already do. People just don't use the numbering. For example, Holbækmotorvejen is numbered "M21".

I believe that the ring roads around Copenhagen use a ring instead of the M as the official letter, making them "O3" and "O4" officially ("Ring", not the letter "O").

As far as I know, the E-roads have several numbers. M47 is used for the whole E47 motorway, while there are several other numbers that only accounts for fractions of E47 (For example, Køge Bugt has it's own M number).

I guess the reason people don't use the numbering, is because no one would ever know where the hell "M21" is, but when you say "Holbækmotorvejen", people will guess that it is probably the motorway going to Holbæk

Last edited by Spikespiegel; March 29th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #598
kalaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikespiegel View Post
We already do. People just don't use the numbering. For example, Holbækmotorvejen is numbered "M21".

I believe that the ring roads around Copenhagen use a ring instead of the M as the official letter, making them "O3" and "O4" officially ("Ring", not the letter "O").

As far as I know, the E-roads have several numbers. M47 is used for the whole E47 motorway, while there are several other numbers that only accounts for fractions of E47 (For example, Køge Bugt has it's own M number).
This is not exactly true...

M3: Motorring 3 and Amagermotorvejen
M4: Motorring 4, between Ballerup and intersection Taastrup
M6: Motorring 4, between intersections Vallensbæk and Ishøj
M10: Køge Bugt Motorvejen
M11: Holbækmotorvejen, including Motorring 4 between intersections Vallensbæk and Taastrup
M12: Frederikssundmotorvejen
M13: Hillerødmotorvejen
M14: Helsingørmotorvejen
M20: Vestmotorvejen
M30: Sydmotorvejen
M40: Fynske Motorvej and Taulovmotorvejen
M41: Svendborgmotorvejen
M50: Sønderjyske Motorvej
M51: Sønderborgmotorvejen (under construction)
M52: Esbjergmotorvejen
M60: Østjyske Motorvej
M61: Århus Syd Motorvejen
M64: Midtjyske Motorvej
M66: Herningmotorvejen
M68: Messemotorvejen
M70: Nordjyske Motorvej
M72: Djurslandmotorvejen
M75: Mariendalsmøllemotorvejen
M76: Kridtsvinget
M77: Nørresundbygrenen
M78: Thistedgrenen
M80: Frederikshavnmotorvejen
M90: Hirtshalsmotorvejen

Øresundsmotorvejen, Øresundsbron, Storebæltsbroen and Ådalsmotorvejen does not have a M-number, as they are only administrative at Vejdirektoratet, and these are "owned" by Sund & Bælt (except Ådalsmotorvejen, which is "owned" by Aalborg Municipality).

But I agree to make these M-numbers official, put them on signs and de-emphasize the E-numbers, as in e.g. Germany
Old March 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #599
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

I would change the M-numbering before putting them on the signs. Some continuous motorveje have several M-numbers. For example E20 Kolding - Swedish border could have one number because it's a continuous route.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #600
kalaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I would change the M-numbering before putting them on the signs. Some continuous motorveje have several M-numbers. For example E20 Kolding - Swedish border could have one number because it's a continuous route.
You are absolutly right, and a few days ago, I actually made a proposal to new M-numbers on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...81a6dea60ddc44

Tags
legoland