daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #881
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

The same for this bridge, it carries the train service from København to Hamburg. It will be widened to double track of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel is constructed, however I wonder how they will do it on the existing bridge. It appears to me a new bridge needs to be constructed. Another option is to build a new road bridge and use the entire existing bridge for rail.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #882
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I always thought the train from Kopenhagen to Hamburg uses the Scandlines ferry from Rödby to Puttgarden. I sometimes see that train on the cardeck.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #883
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I always thought the train from Kopenhagen to Hamburg uses the Scandlines ferry from Rödby to Puttgarden. I sometimes see that train on the cardeck.
Most of the trains from Copenhagen to Hamburg use the ferry from Rödby to Puttgarden. But the night trains from Denmark to Germany are going over Great Belt and Little Belt. All freight trains from Denmark to Germany are going over Great Belt and Little Belt.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #884
Road_UK
BANNED

Ah, ok.
I never use any of these bridges. It's just as fast and expensive to use the ferry from Puttgarden to Rödby and Helsingör to Helsingborg.
Old August 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #885
Uppsala

Quote:
Ah, ok.
I never use any of these bridges. It's just as fast and expensive to use the ferry from Puttgarden to Rödby and Helsingör to Helsingborg.
I never use the ferry from Helsingborg to Helsingör. I only use the Öresund bridge from Malmö to Copenhagen.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #886
Road_UK
BANNED

Not much difference in time and price, seeing that we get the "Sweden Ticket" at Puttgarden.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #887
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Yep, and they also use the Storstrøm Bridge (which is between Sjælland and Falster).

Quote:
Not much difference in time and price, seeing that we get the "Sweden Ticket" at Puttgarden.
That's correct. Overall, it makes little difference in time and money to take the ferries or the bridges. However, with a diesel car, the bridges tend to be somewhat cheaper because you spend less on fuel for the detour. But the difference is usually not that big. I guess it's your personal taste to take the bridges or the ferry.

I always use the bridges, first of all because they're awesome to drive across, and second of all, I don't like to be tied to reservation times and/or not knowing if there is a space for you on the next ferry. The only times I went via the ferries in that area was an overnighter by truck. Travemünde - Trelleborg and Malmö - Travemünde back.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #888
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't like to be tied to reservation times and/or not knowing if there is a space for you on the next ferry.
On Scandlines there is always room for you. Ferries between Puttgarden and Rödby, and Helsingör and Helsingborg run average every 20 minutes - crossing time between Germany and Denmark 45 minutes, and between Denmark and Sweden 20 minutes. My boss books it over the internet, picks out a random time, and it's up to us if we want to make it on that particular ferry or not. Tickets are usually valid for one year anyway. I like using those ferries, good excuse to stop for a coffee. And food on the German-Danish ferries is exellent!

Edit: There is no detour if you're travelling to for example Stockholm using the above mentioned ferries. Copenhagen to Helsingor runs parallel from Malmö to Helsingborg, which you're passing anyway on your way to Stockholm.
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #889
Uppsala

Quote:
On Scandlines there is always room for you. Ferries between Puttgarden and Rödby, and Helsingör and Helsingborg run average every 20 minutes - crossing time between Germany and Denmark 45 minutes, and between Denmark and Sweden 20 minutes. My boss books it over the internet, picks out a random time, and it's up to us if we want to make it on that particular ferry or not. Tickets are usually valid for one year anyway. I like using those ferries, good excuse to stop for a coffee. And food on the German-Danish ferries is exellent!

Edit: There is no detour if you're travelling to for example Stockholm using the above mentioned ferries. Copenhagen to Helsingor runs parallel from Malmö to Helsingborg, which you're passing anyway on your way to Stockholm.
If I go from Stockholm to Germany I take the bridge over Öresund from Malmö to Copenhagen and the bridge over Great Belt from Korsör to Nyborg. No ferry.
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #890
Road_UK
BANNED

Never been on any of these bridges. Always use Scandlines.
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #891
ChrisZwolle
Road user

My latest and probably last video of Denmark from this year's Easter trip.

The Primærrute 16 - Hillerød Motorway in greater Copenhagen.

Old August 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #892
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
The same for this bridge, it carries the train service from København to Hamburg. It will be widened to double track of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel is constructed, however I wonder how they will do it on the existing bridge. It appears to me a new bridge needs to be constructed. Another option is to build a new road bridge and use the entire existing bridge for rail.
Not correct. The Railway across The Storstrøm will remain single track, even after completion of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel. It will be the only section of single track between Copenhagen and the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel. Remaining section will be double track and electrified. It is not yet decided if the railway between Ringsted and Rødby (Fehmarnbelt tunnel) - except for the bridge across the Storstrøm - will be upgraded to 160 or 200 km/h. Between Copenhagen and Ringsted a new 60 km 250 km/h railway is being constructed.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM   #893
kanterberg

Likes (Received): 4

Congestion charging in CPH?

There's an article in a Swedish newspaper today about possible future congestion charge in Copenhagen. According to the article a congestion charge, simular to what we have in Stockholm, would be implemented in Copenhagen in case there's a change of government after the election.

I know there's been talk of road pricing in Denmark before, but how fast could this be implemented? The article I saw mentioned a high figure, something like 11 000 DKK/year for those who commute every day.
kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM   #894
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Is there actually severe congestion there, or is it just an easy way to add more taxes?
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #895
kapo311

Likes (Received): 1179

Yes, the Social democrats want to implement congestions charge in CPH. The fee would be 25 DKK per entry during rush hours, less on other times.

Here's map of the area and control points.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...d&ll=55.701775

Quote:
Is there actually severe congestion there, or is it just an easy way to add more taxes?
If you ask me, there is no congestion in Copenhagen. Some danish politicians tend to think that waiting a few minutes at red light is congestion. If compared to other cities in Europe it is a joke to talk about congestion in CPH.

Instead i think they will get a lot more problems after implementing this system, due to drivers finding alternative routes, PT not able to cope with extra passengers, etc. Already now using PT during bad weather days is a nightmare. So it is all a big scam imo.
kapo311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #896
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapo311 View Post
Yes, the Social democrats want to implement congestions charge in CPH. The fee would be 25 DKK per entry during rush hours, less on other times.

Here's map of the area and control points.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...d&ll=55.701775

If you ask me, there is no congestion in Copenhagen. Some danish politicians tend to think that waiting a few minutes at red light is congestion. If compared to other cities in Europe it is a joke to talk about congestion in CPH.

Instead i think they will get a lot more problems after implementing this system, due to drivers finding alternative routes, PT not able to cope with extra passengers, etc. Already now using PT during bad weather days is a nightmare. So it is all a big scam imo.
If they implement the same system as in Stockholm, it can be ignored by drivers of foreign registered vehicles. The amount of times I've driven through Stockholm city centre, in my English registered van... It says 20 SK on the displays, but I wouldn't even know where to pay it. So I keep going - catch that ferry to Finland...
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #897
kanterberg

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
If they implement the same system as in Stockholm, it can be ignored by drivers of foreign registered vehicles. The amount of times I've driven through Stockholm city centre, in my English registered van... It says 20 SK on the displays, but I wouldn't even know where to pay it. So I keep going - catch that ferry to Finland...
That's because the congestion charge in Stockholm is technically a tax... so far they haven't been able to figure how to tax foreign nationals.

The Danes, however, seem to have found a way around that problem. To bad for all the Swedes commuting over the bridge everyday... do they get to vote on this?
kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #898
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

These leftish politicians have their brains filled with void. Just taking advantage of high life standard to impose ridiculous taxes...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #899
eusimcity4
☀Pozdrav iz beograda!☀

Likes (Received): 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Holbæk-Motorvej(Motorway)

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25
IMG]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3298/18072011007.jpg[/IMG]
By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By zSeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25

By SeanT at 2011-07-25
The highway seems good and renovated!

Visit my FlickrHighways driven on | A | B | BIH | BG | D | DK | E | F | GR | H | HR | I | L | LT | MEX | P | PL | SK | SLO | SRB | TR | USA |
eusimcity4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #900
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

A couple of years ago it was established that there was a huge maintenance backlog on the Danish motorways and other main roads. As a result The Road Directorate (Vejdirektoratet) has received substantial extra funds from government for maintenance over the period 2010-2013. Large part of the network has therefor been renovated over the past couple of years - or will be until 2013. The extra funds are allocated to to surface maintenance - new asphalt layer - and for extra bridge maintenance. Ot is expected that the maintenance backlog will be a thing of the past by 2013.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
legoland