daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #961
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

By the way - the pictures shown, except last one from the Farø Bridge approach, are from the section between Sakskøbing and Rødby. This section is the longest remaining unchanged section that was started during German occupation. Construction started in 1942m though it was only completed in early 60'es. The AADT remains very low at this section (7000-12000) which is probably why it has never been updated.

In conjunction with the Fehmarnbelt tunnel towards Germany - which will be located at the southern end of this section - this section will be updated with emergency lanes and modern netry and exit lanes. It is still discussed whether it will be updated to 130 km/h standard, or if sthe speed limit will remain at 110 km/h.
http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/pdf/Rapport389.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
My impressions of the danish motorway E47

Helsingör-Copenhagen: heavy traffic, lots of trucks
Copenhagen area: wide 6 lane motorway, fast paced, probably the most intense traffic in all Scandinavia.

South of Köge where E20 splits of: Quite normal traffic, but dense
South of Storströmmen-Rödby: Few cars, easy to drive.

Danish motorways have high standard, good signage, driving is mostly relaxed (except Copenhagen area) It's a pleasure to drive on danish motorways !

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #962
Groningen NL

Likes (Received): 157

Is this expressway or motorway? Because it lacks emergency lanes...
Groningen NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #963
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

Motorway with 110km/h speed limit.
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #964
kalaha

Likes (Received): 63

A hard shoulder will be constructed as part of an upgrade prior to the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link together with alteration of some junctions. Although, the speed will not be raised to 130 km/t, as the hard shoulder will not be contructed under some existing bridges there are too narrow.
kalaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM   #965
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Vejdirektoratet has a new website:

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM   #966
kosimodo
Mapmaker

Likes (Received): 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle

That i should read it here from you....
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #967
Fender56

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

Short comment. They have completely ruined the VD website. Earlier it was much easier to use, now its a complete disaster....

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #968
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah, I especially miss the press releases, now you have to click multiple times to get there.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #969
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender56 View Post
Short comment. They have completely ruined the VD website. Earlier it was much easier to use, now its a complete disaster....
Have you ever seen a release 2.0 website being better than the release 1.0 in terms of usability?
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM   #970
Zanetti

Likes (Received): 27

I know this article is danish, but I guess most of you is danes in this thread :-)
http://jp.dk/indland/trafik/article2792774.ece

Here is some other pictures:
http://haervejskomiteen.dk/billeder-2/kort/

Which solution do you prefer?
Zanetti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM   #971
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It surprises me they are rather serious about this motorway. The project doesn't strike me as particularly urgent, especially if its function should be to relieve E45.

I think it's best to construct a motorway from Esbjerg to Herning and further via Viborg to E45 south of Aalborg, and maybe widen the E45 from Vejle to Aarhus to 2x3 lanes. I don't think this new motorway will attract a large volume of traffic, but it will improve the integration of central Jutland by providing fast and safe links between all major centers.
Old June 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM   #972
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Is it really needed? I mean, Midtjyske is under construction, Viborg Hovedvej (road 13) is in very good condition and bypasses all towns.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM   #973
Zanetti

I drive every day between Vejle and Aarhus and I do my best to avoid the rushhours. The lane is always filled up with trucks, so the cars has only one lane to drive. In Vejle and Skanderborg we often end up an a que and often we have stop, not because of any accident or road maintenance, it's just because there are to many cars and to low capacity.

So we have to do something about this before it get stucked.

A new parallel highway from Vejle to Viborg and further to Aalborg is a very good idea from my piont of view. It will also relieve the dangerous highway 13 from Vejle to Viborg.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:43 PM   #974
Zanetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Is it really needed? I mean, Midtjyske is under construction, Viborg Hovedvej (road 13) is in very good condition and bypasses all towns.
I disagree.... I try to avoid road 13. There are may trucks and slows cars and diffecult to overtake these cars many places. There are also many secondary roads coming out to road 13, which also end up in dangerous situations. Last time it drove I saw at least 4 situations which have could end up in a bad way.
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #975
Fender56

Likes (Received): 528

Many off all your thoughts, can be seen in this pdf.:

http://www.ft.dk/samling/20111/almde...33/1083962.pdf

It looks more and more, to a western solution (A13). Widening the E45 is seen as a secondary solution!

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #976
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I was thinking about expressways. Most countries have 4-lane, grade-separated expressways. Denmark doesn't have such roads to my knowledge, except maybe for a short section of Primærrute 9 in Svendborg. Is there a particular reason for this "all or nothing" phenomenon?

I'm not aware of any 4-lane, divided & grade-separated motortrafikvejer.
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #977
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Quote:
I was thinking about expressways. Most countries have 4-lane, grade-separated expressways. Denmark doesn't have such roads to my knowledge, except maybe for a short section of Primærrute 9 in Svendborg. Is there a particular reason for this "all or nothing" phenomenon?

Because such a road takes up as much space as a motorway, and frankly, we'd much rather have motorways.
Spikespiegel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #978
Nikolaj

Quote:

Adding to Spikesspiegel comments it is rather hard to see the reason for such a type of road. It requires as much land and the cost is more or less the same.

However the motorways around Herning (route 15 and 18) was initilly planned as as grade separated, 4-lane expressway (motortrafikvej) with emergency lanes. Allready during detailed plannig it was decided that the route 18 part shoud be signed as a motorway, but it was only very late - shortly before opening - that it was decided that the short route 15 section to the south of Herning also should be signed as motorway. It was easily done, as the Danish design specifications was/is the same as for a motorway within a city/town, ie. 3,5 m lanes and 110 km/h speed limit, where it is 3,75 m lanes and 130 km/h in open land.

Recently when Vejdirektoratet presented the plan for route 26 (Aarhus-Viborg) upgrading on the sections close to Aarhus and around Viborg, it was announced that the section close to Aarhus was planned to be a 130 km/h motorway, where the relatively short section around Viborg, which will be within Viborg city/townboundaries, was to be 110 km/h 4-lane grade separated expressway/motortrafikvej. My interpretation for this was that until the Viborg section was connected to the motorway network this section would be signed as a expressway/motortrafikvej, and then when connected to the motorway network easily re-signed as a motorway.
Old June 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #979
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Another motorway project is shaping up now the EIA has been released of the upgrade of Skovvejen to motorway to Kalundborg. It will mainly use the existing alignment, except for the last few kilometers near Kalundborg.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vej...else-klar.aspx

Old June 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #980
Nikolaj

Another EIA for a motorway project was published a week ago. This time it is the Route 18 Herning-Holstebro.
http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vej...ort416_web.pdf

The main issue is whether the motorway should go south-west around Herning or more logically east of Herning, and whether it at the northern end should end south of Holstebro or north of Holstebro.

Local politicians want it to go south-west around Herning and end to the north of Holstebro, but looking at the trafiic forecast for the different alignments, it is obvious that it should go to the east of Herning and end before Holstebro.

According to the EIA the motorway can be completed 2017-2020, depending on funding.

Tags
legoland