daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #1441
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The contract says, that it is planned to be complete the tunnel until 2018 (Art.1,Abs.3). There is already a delay...

Yes, Denmark is funding the tunnel, Germany only its hinterland infrastructure wherefore I have no idea how Germany should be ablt to speed up the project?
I am thinking on the motorway on German territory, hopefully 3 lines in each direction .

But as I understood it, the Project need green light from Germany as well?

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #1442
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

Yesterday me and fellow local scc member Milipumba visited the site of the demolition of the Egedesvej bridge between exit 31 and 32 on Køge Bugt Motorvejen.

When the new bridge is finished it will also have exit ramps (the number is not decided) because a new train station on the Copenhagen Ringsted high speed is being constructed nearby.

The new bridge will carry 8 motorway lanes and 3 railwaytracks.

New iconic social housing complex Cirkelhuset is not far away.

The contour of the new ramps a visible.

bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #1443
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
Seems as 6 year is a short deadline to complete such a big Project, but it sure would be nice if it would. Hopefully Germany can speed things up since they will no be funding the tunnel itself, if I am not misstaken.
6 years is a short period, especially with the German planning process in mind, but that is also why the tunnel company Femern A/S allready have started the tendering procedure. The consortia for the construction have allready been selected, and the bids for the construction shall be submitted by the end of 2014.

http://www.femern.com/service-menu/t...tion-contracts

That means that contact with the preferred bidder is ready for signature the moment the last judicial requirement has been met. I have never heard of such procedure before - tendering before the EIA procedure has been completed.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #1444
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

It's common in the Netherlands. You usually only do that if you are convinced the EIA procedure is water tight.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #1445
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
I am thinking on the motorway on German territory, hopefully 3 lines in each direction .
Nope! 2x2, but the Fehmarnsund crossing will remain 1x2 for the time being.

Quote:
But as I understood it, the Project need green light from Germany as well?
Yes. The plan approval procedure for the tunnel has recently been started - officially October 2013 but the public display has been started last week.
The plan approval procedure for the hinterland road (11km on Fehmarn plus 6.7km behind the Fehmarnsund crossing) has been started in October 2011. The plan approval order was announced to be passed until December 2012 but the procedure is still in progress.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #1446
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

I tell you what the difference between an American guy and a German guy is.

Once an American guy and a German guy met in a bar and decided each to build a house.
Six months later, they meet again.
Says the American: Three bricks to go, then it is finished.
Says the German: Three more forms to fill in, then we get started.

MichiH, mcarling, bongo-anders, crimio liked this post
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1447
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I drove through Denmark today. I noticed two road work zones where all lanes were on a single carriageway, without a central divider! On E20 between Middelfart and Nørre Aaby the speed limit was 80 km/h, on E20/47/55 near Greve the speed limit was even 50 km/h, I haven't seen that before. There were just some low flaps on the marking dividing the directions.
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #1448
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I drove through Denmark today. I noticed two road work zones where all lanes were on a single carriageway, without a central divider! On E20 between Middelfart and Nørre Aaby the speed limit was 80 km/h, on E20/47/55 near Greve the speed limit was even 50 km/h, I haven't seen that before. There were just some low flaps on the marking dividing the directions.
something like this what they used to use in Italy somewhen?
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #1449
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes

roadworks E20 by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
Old June 8th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #1450
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

i used to see it in Italy very often in 1990es and 2000es. 1+1 division though, never 2+2
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #1451
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
That is the general way Vejdirektoratet do it during widening-projects. They don't use the steel barrier as seen in Germany.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #1452
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
On Køge Bugt Motorvejen (E20/E55/E47), they were tearing the old bridge at Greve over the holidays. That's why the speed limit was 50 km/h.
korbendallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #1453
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I drove the Øresund Bridge today again. The tolls are really too steep for tourists, it's just a scam. I know it's a bit cheaper if you get a BroBizz, but I don't want a subscription, or go through the hassle of returning it every year if I'm not sure I drive across the bridge next year...

The toll is € 49 one way. I wonder why the tolls are so much higher than at the Great Belt Bridge. Also, the Øresund Bridge tolls have increased quite a bit over the last 5 years.
Old June 13th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #1454
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I also drove across the Old Little Belt Bridge. There was a lot of traffic eastbound, with slow traffic everywhere. Apparently people are avoiding the congestion due to roadworks on the New Little Belt Bridge. I avoided the congestion through Middelfart, but got stuck in traffic on E20/45 around Kolding. Friday afternoon is probably the busiest rush hour of the week there, there was about 8 km of slow traffic (<30 km/t) from Taulov to Kolding-Vest.
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #1455
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Why are there so many cars on the shoulder in Denmark? I often see breakdowns, but also some cars simply seem to be abandoned. Aren't they towed away? I haven't seen this elsewhere in Europe.
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #1456
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Why are there so many cars on the shoulder in Denmark? I often see breakdowns, but also some cars simply seem to be abandoned. Aren't they towed away? I haven't seen this elsewhere in Europe.
I drive/used to drive a lot in Denmark, but can't really confirm what you are saying. Sure, I've seen one or another car that actually seemed to be abandoned, but I saw this rather as a singularity.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #1457
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I've seen at least 20 on my E20-45 trips back and forth through Denmark. And I remember it from previous trips as well. I've seen no such things in Sweden or Germany. Some cars that appeared to be abandoned had some kind of plastic thing around the mirrors.
Old June 13th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #1458
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2649

In Sweden Police or other road service personal place plastic tape on cars where they know the owners are OK. It's probably the same in DK.
Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #1459
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E20 Little Belt Bridge

Little Belt Bridge pano by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Rebasepoiss, SRC_100, dj4life liked this post
Old June 15th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #1460
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
I drove the Øresund Bridge today again. The tolls are really too steep for tourists, it's just a scam. I know it's a bit cheaper if you get a BroBizz, but I don't want a subscription, or go through the hassle of returning it every year if I'm not sure I drive across the bridge next year...

The toll is € 49 one way. I wonder why the tolls are so much higher than at the Great Belt Bridge. Also, the Øresund Bridge tolls have increased quite a bit over the last 5 years.
The toll is pretty much the same as the ferry ticket Helsingør-Helsingborg (or slightly lower but the higher price for the ferry is compensated with less driving). You should also understand that the bridge was an expensive thing to build in the first place.

And the price for tourists, it's a relative thing. Other than these great bridges, Danish and Swedish motorways are completely toll free.

As for The Great Belt - I don't know, is it possible that it is partly subsidized by the state? It is important for the Danish internal traffic after all, whereas the Øresund is that hardly at all (well ok, it's a part of the route to Bornholm from the rest of Denmark but that's marginal).

Tags
legoland