daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2015, 10:16 PM   #1741
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

The first stage of Køge Bugt Motorvejen looks almost finished, there are 2 weeks to go.

Seen here from Solrød Byvej

makaveli6, SRC_100, Søren L, ADP liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2015, 07:29 PM   #1742
Søren L

Likes (Received): 3

Vejdirektoratet has put up some cameras near Roskilde (route 21, M11), I just discovered today.
Vejdirektoratet.dk > webkameraer
Søren L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #1743
bongo-anders

From the horse´s mouth, 31B Køge Nord aka Egedesvej will open by the end of this month.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vej...x#.Vci45yaqqko
Old August 11th, 2015, 07:48 AM   #1744
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
The first stage of Køge Bugt Motorvejen looks almost finished, there are 2 weeks to go.[/URL]
I was there a few weeks ago. The roadworks caused long queues on the lanes bound for Copenhagen, stretching several kilometers to west of the Køge Vest interchange E20xE47/E55.

In order to avoid getting stuck there, I made the return trip to home over Holbækmotorveijen to Roskilde and then over the H-H ferry instead of taking the Öresund bridge.

Søren L liked this post
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #1745
bongo-anders

Most of the traffic jams comes from Vestmotorvejen (E20) as the the 2 eastbound lanes becomes 1 just before the intersection.

Jobs that has to be done on this section are from west/south to north.

Ølbyvej bridge has to be raised because of the nearby railway construction.

Bellingestien tunnel has to be widened.

Exit 32 will get new ramps on the western side of the motorway and a new bridge will be constructed just north of the current bridge.

The tunnel that leads the Lille Syd railway line under the motorway has to be widened.

A new railway tunnel for connection between the new high speed line and the Lille Syd line.

A new bridge on Ølsemaglevej, when done it will only be for pedestrians and cyclists.

New Egedesvej bridge is done, ramps for the new exit 31B will open later this month.

New wider bridge over the Lille Skensved Å (small creek)

New exit ramps and new bridge on exit 31A at Roskildevej.

All this happens over a distance of 6 kilometers.

Stage 1 consists of 8 kilometers from exit 31A at Solrød Syd to 29 at Greve Syd and here only the asphalt is missing but that should be done next weekend according to schedule.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:30 PM   #1746
bongo-anders

The latest aerials from Silkeborgmotorvejen.

I will try to arrange them in a east to west direction but the pictures have been mixed up after I uploaded them.

Service station west of Låsby.

Near Hårup

Fauna passage at Nordskoven

A socalled landscape bridge at Nordskoven

Resenbrokrydset.

Gudenå river bridge, just north of Resenbro

ChrisZwolle, Søren L, riiga, Luki_SL liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:42 PM   #1747
bongo-anders

We are now in Silkeborg

Cut and cover tunnel at Gødvadbakke

Fauna and pedestrian bridge at Dyrehaven (The Deergarden)

Kejlstrupvej road and exit ramps at Høje Kejlstrupvej.

Søren L liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:34 PM   #1748
bongo-anders

The Østre Ringvej road´s new crossing of the motorway.

Back at Gødvad Bakke that as you can see on the previous pictures is located close to Østre Ringvej.

More Pictures from the exit at Høje Krejlstrupvej.

Søren L liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #1749
bongo-anders

The bridges at Skægkær Bæk creek and Gubsø lake

Exit ramps at Viborgvej.

Søren L, Highway89, Luki_SL liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #1750
bongo-anders

Another landscape bridge, this time at Hvinningdal.

The crossing of Nørhedevej.

Now we are near the end, Funder Kirkevej is in focus here.

Søren L, Luki_SL liked this post
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:08 PM   #1751
milipumba

Likes (Received): 467

On Monday we will see the opening of the fourth lane, on the Køge Bugt motorway(E20, E47, E55), between Solrød S and Greve S.
And thus we only need the last piece between Solrød S and Køge West.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/vej...x#.Vc3yQfntlBc
milipumba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 01:19 PM   #1752
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

German media reports that the opening of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel has been delayed from 2021 to 2024 due to the extremely slow procedures of the plan approval process on the German side.

In addition, the Fehmarnsund Bridge (connecting the island of Fehmarn with the German mainland) is in very poor condition. It was originally not planned to replace or expand the bridge, but a bridge inspection and static calculations in 2014 found out the bridge was in much poorer condition than thought and could not support the increase of freight trains.

At the same time, the bridge is in such poor condition that the speed limit for trucks has been reduced to only 50 km/h since yesterday. The speed limit for cars has been reduced to 60 km/h since March (it originally only applied during strong winds).

The bridge may have been closed to truck traffic over 7.5 tons like elsewhere in Germany, except that in this case that would mean trucks could not reach the ferry at Puttgarden anymore, cutting off this vital link between Denmark and Germany. There are significant economic stakes at risk with the rapidly deteriorating infrastructure in Germany. Many bridges have now come into a phase of complete write-off instead of repairs.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 09:29 PM   #1753
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
German media reports that the opening of the Fehmarnbelt Tunnel has been delayed from 2021 to 2024 due to the extremely slow procedures of the plan approval process on the German side.

In addition, the Fehmarnsund Bridge (connecting the island of Fehmarn with the German mainland) is in very poor condition. It was originally not planned to replace or expand the bridge, but a bridge inspection and static calculations in 2014 found out the bridge was in much poorer condition than thought and could not support the increase of freight trains.

At the same time, the bridge is in such poor condition that the speed limit for trucks has been reduced to only 50 km/h since yesterday. The speed limit for cars has been reduced to 60 km/h since March (it originally only applied during strong winds).

The bridge may have been closed to truck traffic over 7.5 tons like elsewhere in Germany, except that in this case that would mean trucks could not reach the ferry at Puttgarden anymore, cutting off this vital link between Denmark and Germany. There are significant economic stakes at risk with the rapidly deteriorating infrastructure in Germany. Many bridges have now come into a phase of complete write-off instead of repairs.
That is just sad since Denmark is going to pay for it (and get the income from it) so Germany should not try to slow it down. But Germany will also benefit from it since more will be likely to travel down on weekends compared to now when you have to wait over an hour for the ferry transport, including time spent paying/showing ticket and waiting for the ferry.
Old August 15th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #1754
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
But Germany will also benefit from it since more will be likely to travel down on weekends compared to now
That's bad! Residents and generally opponents don't want to have more traffic. That's why they are fighting against the project.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 10:38 PM   #1755
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
That's bad! Residents and generally opponents don't want to have more traffic. That's why they are fighting against the project.
Well sure, the world need less traffic and especially germany. But perhaps the effect would not be bigger compared to now, if the motorway from hamburg was to be extended to the tunnel so they dont drive on the local roads.

But there would also be the option to take the train, once the tunnel is done you could easly take the train and the heavy transport could also be taken care on the rails. But overall I dont think they will suffer more than today since a lot of transit traffic to Sweden and Norway also goes through Rostock or Sazznitz.
Old August 15th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #1756
MichiH

Quote:
Well sure, the world need less traffic and especially germany.
It's not my opinion. I just write what I get from media.

Quote:
But perhaps the effect would not be bigger compared to now, if the motorway from hamburg was to be extended to the tunnel so they dont drive on the local roads.
There is already a motorway (2x2, mostly w/o hard shoulders and in a damn bad condition). There are no cross-town links on Fehmarn island (where motorway is not yet built), there's no traffic on local roads.......

Quote:
But there would also be the option to take the train, once the tunnel is done you could easly take the train and the heavy transport could also be taken care on the rails.
The discussion is (almost) only about railway. The opponents don't want to have the existing railway route to be widened and they don't want a new railway route! The road is just a minor problem which is usually not mentioned in discussion.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old August 16th, 2015, 02:22 AM   #1757
Festin
Changeable constant

Quote:
It's not my opinion. I just write what I get from media.
No, I got that , but just wrote my thoughts on the subject.

Quote:
There is already a motorway (2x2, mostly w/o hard shoulders and in a damn bad condition). There are no cross-town links on Fehmarn island (where motorway is not yet built), there's no traffic on local roads.......
I ment that part where it is not a motorway, as a local road, since a slow vehicle can create longer lines of cars.

Quote:
The discussion is (almost) only about railway. The opponents don't want to have the existing railway route to be widened and they don't want a new railway route! The road is just a minor problem which is usually not mentioned in discussion.
Thats interesting to hear. I would have thought they would be in favour of a better railway.
Old August 16th, 2015, 10:04 AM   #1758
MichiH

Quote:
I ment that part where it is not a motorway, as a local road, since a slow vehicle can create longer lines of cars.
It's B207, a "Federal highway". Local traffic has to use the Fehmarnsund brigde but on Fehmarn island, there are "parallel" local roads and B207 is almost just used by transit traffic.

Quote:
Thats interesting to hear. I would have thought they would be in favour of a better railway.
I quote wikipedia:

Quote:
There is also criticism on the increase of noise for some residents and visitors when moving the freight train traffic from the Jutland-Schleswig route to this route. These critics have been the loudest and they have been able to get a realignment of the planned railway route.
The realigned route has ecological issues...

Citizens' initiatives incorporated their activity in June 2015: http://beltretter.de/ (belt rescuers). There's also an English article: Become a beltretter.

Quote:
Experts assume that the swirling will turn the Baltic Sea between Denmark and Germany into a downright sludge. And that in view of the fact that the tunnel might not make any economical sense at all.

Festin liked this post
Old August 16th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #1759
Søren L

Likes (Received): 3

The last stripe has been put on the pavement from Solrød S - Greve S (E20/E47/E55 Køge bugt motorvejen), so now the first section is finished. 4 lanes in each direction is now available. The last section from the Køge junction - Solrød S will be finished in 2017/2018, so the motorists will not be total free of traffic jams in the upcoming text 2 or 3 years. the widening was needed because it serves 113700 vehicles per day in the area with most traffic (according to Vejdirektoratet "average traffic per day 2014").

Last edited by Søren L; August 16th, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Søren L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 05:12 PM   #1760
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Søren L View Post
it serves 113700 vehicles per day in the area with most traffic (according to Vejdirektoratet "average traffic per day 2014").
I couldn't find the document. Does it contain the AADT figures of all Danish motorways?

Tags
legoland