daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #1881
satanism

Likes (Received): 5497

There are indeed many broken down and also abandoned cars on the hard shoulders in Denmark...partially because the danes still drive a lot of old clunkers....which has to do with the crazy tax(now a bit less crazy) they pay on the new ones.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #1882
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

Some motorway construction pictures.

First up is Cordozavej/Roskildevej bridge at exit 31A.

And around exit 32 with new ramps on the western side and the new Lyngvej bridge.

riiga, SRC_100, vigiliant, 8166UY, Festin liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 05:35 PM   #1883
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

I drove through Denmark today, E20 and E45, plus PR-17 and PR-14. Again, there were 0 cars on the shoulder in Sweden, but around 15 in Denmark, including broken down, abandoned and even crashed cars, there was one car on its roof in a ditch near Odense, and has been there for some time, judging by the red-white line across it. Also, there was a broken down car on E20 east of Kørsor where the motorway has no shoulders... quite dangerous, it was parked in the tall grass.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #1884
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Single tickets for the Øresund Bridge are really becoming unaffordable. Today it's 390 DKK / € 54, while in 2007 it was 245 DKK / € 35. This is much more than a consumer price indexation. I know they're pushing to get a BroPass, but an annual subscription isn't really what tourists are looking for. They cross the bridge two times per year or less. The subscription fee is too high for when you don't use it every single year.
Old June 17th, 2016, 09:57 PM   #1885
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I drove through Denmark today, E20 and E45, plus PR-17 and PR-14. Again, there were 0 cars on the shoulder in Sweden, but around 15 in Denmark, including broken down, abandoned and even crashed cars, there was one car on its roof in a ditch near Odense, and has been there for some time, judging by the red-white line across it. Also, there was a broken down car on E20 east of Kørsor where the motorway has no shoulders... quite dangerous, it was parked in the tall grass.
As the cars are extremely cheap in Denmark, they abandon them when they run out of gas, you know.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 01:53 AM   #1886
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

What is the progress on the Silkeborg bypass? I just spotted that road on Google maps and i wonder about it.
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 08:27 AM   #1887
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It will open in September.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

kostas97 liked this post
Old June 18th, 2016, 08:08 PM   #1888
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E20, Fyn

A few photos of the widened E20 across western Fyn. The Middelfart - Nørre Aaby segment was widened to six lanes in late 2014. It is planned to eventually widen E20 across Fyn to Tietgenbyen east of Odense, but it may partially be shoulder running for the time being.

1. The Little Belt Bridge. It already had 2x3 lanes prior to the widening.

E20 Little Belt Bridge by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-5 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-6 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-8 by European Roads, on Flickr

E20 Fyn-10 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old June 22nd, 2016, 03:00 PM   #1889
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E47/55 Helsingør Motorway

The final paving works for the widening of the Helsingør Motorway (E47, E55) between Gammel Holte and Hørsholm-South will be done during the summer vacation. It is planned to be completed by early August.

http://www.vejdirektoratet.dk/DA/om-...merferien.aspx
Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:29 PM   #1890
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E47 Femern Belt Tunnel (Denmark-Germany)

A renewed consultation process for the German side of the Fehmarn Belt Tunnel project will be held from 12 July to 12 August.

After circa 3,000 comments on the German part of the project, they changed some of the plans. The new plans equals 26 ring binders worth of documentation.

The Danish part of the project is long completed, there were only 30 comments.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 12:37 AM   #1891
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
A renewed consultation process for the German side of the Fehmarn Belt Tunnel project will be held from 12 July to 12 August.

After circa 3,000 comments on the German part of the project, they changed some of the plans. The new plans equals 26 ring binders worth of documentation.

Germans are quite thorough. Years ago, I ramped up a new function and hired a dozen of delivery managers to make an international team. After reaching the business as usual mode, I asked everyone to write a report for the lessons learned analysis. The Frenchman wrote the shortest one, 4 pages. The German-born gentleman living 30 years in Finland sent me a long report with a number of appendices, total of 80 pages.

OAQP liked this post
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 01:41 AM   #1892
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:

It's quite OT, since it isn't related to roads but with public infrastructures in general, but while reading an European Commission paper for a project I was involved into (it was related to the TEN-E plan, about energetic infrastructures in different EU countries), there was a comparison of the average documentation lenghts in Germany and Denmark.
The average documentation for energetic infrastructures in Germany appeared to be a lot longer (I think it was in the 10 times order!), than the average documentation for Danish projects.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 06:52 PM   #1893
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Odins Bro

I drove through Odense last week, via O2. The northern ring road of O2 opened in 2014, it contains an interesting swing bridge: Odins Bro.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Ices77, verreme, Nikolaj, ilyan, EasySeven and 7 others liked this post
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:39 PM   #1894
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Storstrøm Bridge

There are plans to expedite the replacement of the Storstrøm Bridge by two years. The road/rail bridge was built in 1937 and needs replacement due to increased (freight) trains, especially after the opening of the Femern Belt Tunnel. They are now discussing if the bridge could open in 2022 instead of 2024. The bridge is 3.2 kilometers long.

http://www.tveast.dk/artikel/ny-stor...tes-fremrykket

milipumba liked this post
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:18 PM   #1895
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Midtjyske Motorway

A cost-benefit study has been released for the planned Midtjyske Motorway (Mid-Jutland Motorway).

http://www.trm.dk/da/publikationer/2...tjysk-motorvej

All variants have a positive cost-benefit ratio.

Corridor A+C will attract the most traffic. Corridor B+ relieves E45 the best. Travel time savings are best with corridors A, B and B+ and the least with C.

* Corridor A: 185 km (146 km motorway), 15.3 billion DKK
* Corridor B: 167 km (167 km motorway), 19.9 billion DKK
* Corridor B+: 181 km (181 km motorway), 21.8 billion DKK
* Corridor C: 152 km (135 km motorway), 17.5 billion DKK

I prefer corridor B+. It's the most expensive variant, but is the best at relieving E45 (especially Vejlefjord Bridge) and provides the most new motorway mileage. It also stays away from precious Silkeborg more than C while not being out of range for Silkeborg.

Corridor A is better for Herning - Viborg traffic, but less for Silkeborg. I think corridor A is best at creating regional links while B/B+ is better at the overall picture for longer distance traffic.

Projected traffic volumes in 2030 and relief of E45 (%)

Agent 006 liked this post

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; July 1st, 2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Old July 1st, 2016, 09:00 PM   #1896
Heico-M

Likes (Received): 115

I think I like B best. It makes absolutely sense to stay west of Kolding to relieve the current E45/E20 route which can be quite busy many times. It would also give a better connection for Billund (airport!) to the motorway network. Furthermore it will give Silkeborg a direct north-south connection.

I like how all proposals create a bypass around Aarhus for long distance traffic. Aarhus can also be bad, nowadays.

Herning can be reached by road 18 which is also motorway, so no need to go there.
Heico-M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 11:11 PM   #1897
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Reading the report it is quite apparent that B+ is the preferred option. All the corridors are desribed thoroughly, but from then on it is B+ that is used as the reference corridor when showing various benefits from such a motorway - time savings, potential labour market benefits etc.

But as noted by Chris it certainly makes sense. B+ is the only option adressing the issue of the Vejlefjord Bridge. According to the report Vejlefjord Bridge will reach its max. capacity before 2030. However that is based on 2010 numbers, and since then traffic on a Vejlefjord has increased dramatically. In 2016 65 % of the forecasted growth from 2010 to 2030 has allready been reached. B+ will relieve Vejle Fjord Bridge for around 19 % of traffic, whereas the other corridors only will relieve with around 6-7 %.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 08:25 AM   #1898
satanism

Likes (Received): 5497

I would much rather see option A built...the only loser is Silkeborg, but travelling from there to Herning is very quick and traffic-free so it's not really a big deal. Also primærrute 13 is quite Okay to drive and so can be 52, with a little investment.
And with the savings, I would much rather see works on the Ringe Bøjden Fynshav corridor which will not only relieve Trekantområdet but also the Odense to Nørre Åby stretch which is a proper nightmare, as well as connect Fyn much better to the rest of the world.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2016, 10:06 PM   #1899
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
I would much rather see option A built...the only loser is Silkeborg, but travelling from there to Herning is very quick and traffic-free so it's not really a big deal.
Is the purpose of this motorway to serve the commuters of the surrounding cities of Silkeborg and Herning or should this motorway be designed for the long distance travellers driving from Ålborg to Åbenrå ? it seems like someone is going to be disappointed either way.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2016, 11:16 PM   #1900
milipumba

Likes (Received): 467

Vejdirektoratet opens all four lanes, on the Køge bugt motorway, later this fall. It is between Køge west and exit 31A

But there will still be some work, on the roadside over the winter.
It will mostly be construction of the sound barriers.

The high speed rail is being build just "over the fence".
So fortunately there are aerial images of the area.

ChrisZwolle, SRC_100 liked this post
milipumba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
legoland