daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2016, 03:16 PM   #1961
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19427

Roskildefjord Bridge

The contract for the main bridge of the new Roskildefjord Crossing (Crown Princess Mary Bridge) has been signed today. A joint-venture consisting of Rizzani de Eccher (Italy), Besix (Belgium) and Acciona Infraestructuras (Spain) will construct the bridge.

The bridge will open to traffic in 2019. The entire project cost is 2 billion DKK (€ 270 million).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:56 PM   #1962
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A video (narrated in English) about the three megaprojects in Denmark; Great Belt, Øresund and Femern Belt.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

milipumba, bongo-anders, toquielkan liked this post
Old October 5th, 2016, 04:18 PM   #1963
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Is the Silkeborg bypass open?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:31 PM   #1964
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
Is the Silkeborg bypass open?
Yep 11th of September - look at post 1950

kostas97 liked this post
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #1965
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Yep 11th of September - look at post 1950
Thank you for letting me know!!
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:00 AM   #1966
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E47 Femern Belt Tunnel (Denmark-Germany)

Haha, Femern A/S poking fun at the ridiculously extensive documentation for the German side of the Fehmarn Belt Tunnel. (40 binders with 14,000 pages). The Danish environmental study had only 1,600 pages.

Old October 8th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #1967
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Is this for German federal government, Schleswig-Holstein state government or both?
Old October 9th, 2016, 09:42 PM   #1968
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Is this for German federal government, Schleswig-Holstein state government or both?
The pic shows the German plan approval documents. The plan approval authority is the state of Schleswig-Holstein. There's no federal approval required (well, generally the federal government approves the preliminary design / costs. Afterwards, the plan approval procudure may begin. The Fehmarn crossing is not paid by the German federal government and does not approve anything about the tunnel but there are road and railway feeder projects which are approved, e.g. B207 upgrade or Fehmarnsund crossing)

Note: There were more than 3,000 objections about the plan approval documents. There was a hearing and documents were modified. Now, there are more than 9,000 objections about the plan supplement approval documents. That means, there are much more objections about the modifications than about the original documents. It's not allowed to complain about anything which has not been modified.

IIRC, there were 30 objections about the Danish documents...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 09:57 PM   #1969
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Does the German plan approval include the whole railroad upgrade in Schleswig-Holstein? 9,000 comments / objections seems like an incredibly high number given the fact that the only village near the tunnel portal is Puttgarden (population unknown, but can't be higher than a few hundred people).

How many of these 'objections' actually make it to court?

In the Netherlands, people objecting on ideological grounds or not otherwise directly impacted by the project are considered 'not admissible', so the court doesn't even take their objections into consideration. I don't know how it works in Germany.
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #1970
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Does the German plan approval include the whole railroad upgrade in Schleswig-Holstein?
No, just the tunnel.

Quote:
9,000 comments / objections seems like an incredibly high number given the fact that the only village near the tunnel portal is Puttgarden (population unknown, but can't be higher than a few hundred people).
It is.

Quote:
How many of these 'objections' actually make it to court?
0. We just talk about the public review process (öffentliche Auslegung) which is the beginning of a plan approval procedure. People raised their objections (> 3,000), engineers tried to find a solution and discussed it with the complainers during a hearing (Erörterungstermin). Afterwards, they've modified all documents and published them again. Now, they got more than 9,000 objections just about the modifications...

I guess there will be another hearing and maybe another public review. Once the planner are "sure" that the documents are legal, the plan approval documents will be sent to the plan approval authority, the Ministry of Transport Schleswig-Holstein. They can pass the order. Afterwards, there will be another public review process. Opponents can complain about any detail of the documents (it's not required that they've already raised objections during the plan approval procedure). This would be a court procedure which might be end in a court hearing.

Quote:
In the Netherlands, people objecting on ideological grounds or not otherwise directly impacted by the project are considered 'not admissible', so the court doesn't even take their objections into consideration. I don't know how it works in Germany.
I'm not sure about details how it works during the plan approval procedure but it's the same once the plan approval order would be passed. However, there's the so-called 'Verbandsklagerecht'. Any organization, e.g. nature conservation organisation, can complain.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:14 PM   #1971
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I see.

There are usually two types of 'objections', the comments on a plan in the draft phase, and the objections against a final plan, which are sorted out in court. Comments don't necessarily have to be negative towards the project (but usually are).

I also noticed that the time between a 'Planfeststellungsbeschluß' (final plan approval) and the verdict in court can be very long (years) in Germany. In the Netherlands the deadline is 6 months. I'm not sure how it is in Denmark, but it is apparently not an issue given the low number of comments / objections on the plans on the Danish side.
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #1972
MichiH

You're right. I think there was no final* court decision within 6 months since I monitor road projects (2008/09). I think 12 months are quick, 18-24 months are normal.

*Complainers must raise a "Eilantrag" (= "Vorläufiger Rechtsschutz" = "preliminary injunction") to postpone the construction. If there's no "Eilantrag" or the judge dismisses it, construction works could begin anyway.

Old October 11th, 2016, 11:50 PM   #1973
Nikolaj

In Denmark it is quite a lot easier, but depends to some degree on whether it is a national project (government sponsored/financed) or a locally or private project. The Fehmarn project is a national project.

For both types of projects the entity/authority responsible for project (project owner) prepares an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment). This EIA is presented for a public hearing lasting 8 weeks. After that the project owner deals with the various objections. It should be said that except for The Nature Conservation Association (equivalent to the German BUND) and a number of public authorities, only objections from citizens directly affected by the project are taken into consideration. After that the conclusions and recommendations, based on the public hearing, are presented to the competent body, the Minister of Transport for national projects or the local council for local projects.

For national projects The Minister of Transport then submits a bill to parliament describing the project, including various mitigating requirements. After the required 3 readings in parliament, and final approval by a majority, the bill becomes a so-called Construction Law which gives the permission to start construction and which mitigating activities that has to be included. This Construction Law cannot be challenged in any court or any other body, and construction can in theory start immediately. For large national projects individual Construction Laws are passed for each project. For smaller projects the construction law will be the annual Budget Appropriation Law, where funding for the project is allocated. The Budget Appropriation Law can likewise not be challenged in court.

For local projects the EIA and construction permission is approved through a so-called Municipal Plan or Municipal Plan addendum. This approved local plan can be challenged in court within 8 weeks of publication, but it seldomly happens. If a project has been approved by a elected local council the courts in general only rules against a Municipal plan if it includes grave errors.

ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:33 PM   #1974
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

They are still working on the cladding on the sound barriers at Køge Bugt motorvejen.

The opening of the 4th lane is very close but no date is announced yet.

vigiliant, Luki_SL, SRC_100 liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:01 PM   #1975
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Nice sound barrier. Are they going to keep it that way, or let vines grow on it?

edit: and are they going to repave the old lanes next year?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

vigiliant liked this post
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:24 PM   #1976
Nikolaj

Quote:
Nice sound barrier. Are they going to keep it that way, or let vines grow on it?

edit: and are they going to repave the old lanes next year?
I am not sure about the sound barrier, but i guess they will have vines grow on it. That is the usual way forward. A new top layer asphalt will be applied to all lanes of the motorway during the summer months of 2017.
Old October 26th, 2016, 09:25 PM   #1977
bongo-anders

I think they will let the vines grow, atleast I hope so.

And yes they will open the lanes now and repave it next summer.
Old October 26th, 2016, 10:24 PM   #1978
bongo-anders

I forgot to post pictures from last Friday that shows that they have opened up for 4 lanes on the last part towards Motorvejskryds Køge Vest.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old October 26th, 2016, 11:20 PM   #1979
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Traffic lanes seem to be pretty narrow. Are they, or is it only some optical illusion?
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 12:36 AM   #1980
bongo-anders

Look at the space out to the median.

The lanes will get bigger.

Tags
legoland