daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2015, 09:45 PM   #2561
MrT6

Likes (Received): 1

Thank you ETSman for all the pictures of the R40 coming motorway near Ulricehhamn!

Although I like the beautiful town of Ulricehamn, I really look forward to the motorway. Opening October 17th, I think?

ETSman liked this post
MrT6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2015, 11:21 PM   #2562
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Nice to have Stockholm signposted as early as Ulricehamn. Should be signposted all the way from Gothenburg imo, instead of tricking motorists onto the slow and dangerous E20.

MrT6, ETSman liked this post
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #2563
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I did not notice this in Sweden last year. I refueled several times without any cap.
This cap has been in place for several years if you pay at the pump with card, at least for my Norwegian cards, even at gas stations close to the border that almost exclusively serve Norwegians. Hence, I sometimes use different cards to fill up. I have never had this problem in other countries, except in the US where I cannot use my cards at all but generally have to go to the cashier and prepay.
Old September 7th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #2564
ETSman
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT6 View Post
Thank you ETSman for all the pictures of the R40 coming motorway near Ulricehhamn!

Although I like the beautiful town of Ulricehamn, I really look forward to the motorway. Opening October 17th, I think?
Yes that is the schedule. I hope the open as soon as possible as I always go to Borås to party So I want to get there quick as possible.

They are going to have some races on the opening day on the motorway.

FK SARAJEVO
ETSman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #2565
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post

The pay at the pump stations cap the purchase, and the limit is surprisingly low, 400 to 500 SEK (40+ to 50+ euro). I do not know whether this capping applies to Swedish credit cards, too, or foreign ones only.

The gas price was about SEK 14 in July. Thus, for SEK 400, it was possible to buy about 28 liters of gas only, less than a half tankful. Rather annoying, I would say.
I said earlier that I've never seen this, but I saw it several times this week in France. But the cap was quite high, one was € 114 and another € 148, so you can refuel without any problem unless you have a very big fuel tank like an RV or large pickup truck.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #2566
ChrisZwolle
Road user

riksväg 27

A new bypass of Borås opened to traffic today around 3 p.m. It is a new route of riksväg 27 towards riksväg 40, so traffic to Göteborg doesn't have to go through Borås anymore. It is a 2+1 road.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Shifty2k5, metasmurf liked this post
Old October 7th, 2015, 05:46 PM   #2567
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Trafikverket

Trafikverket redesigned its website: http://www.trafikverket.se/

The current train information is rather prominently displayed. Would a train traveler go to the Trafikverket website to check current departures / arrivals / delays?

At least they didn't use gigantic headers like Rijkswaterstaat (NL), Asfinag (AT), GDDKiA (PL), Statens Vegvesen (NO) or NIF (HU).
Old October 7th, 2015, 08:26 PM   #2568
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
The current train information is rather prominently displayed. Would a train traveler go to the Trafikverket website to check current departures / arrivals / delays?
Yes, that's where I check at least.
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:56 PM   #2569
ETSman
Unregistered User

They have now put new signs in Gothenburg recommending to take the R40 (when the new highway opens 17th october) instead of E20. This is good for my city, but also Borås

http://www.ut.se/lokala-nyheter/nu-k...-bli-huvudvag/

Construction updates:

The road is now finished, the only thing left is some smaller stuff

FK SARAJEVO
Old October 7th, 2015, 10:15 PM   #2570
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Is it common throughout Sweden to refer to 'Rxx' when talking about a riksväg? I thought the more common prefix was 'RV'. Or is it specific to riksväg 40? I don't recall Trafikverket using the 'R' prefix in their press releases (usually they talk about 'väg xx').
Old October 7th, 2015, 10:30 PM   #2571
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Never seen Rxx, it's usually rv/Rv/RV xx, depending on preference.
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #2572
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1662

I've never thought about it, but now that I see it it makes sense. The E-roads are designated with one letter. Using just Rxx and Lxx would make it into a system that makes sense in it's own way. At least, makes sense if people are aware you're talking about the roads.

The R40-route makes perfect sense to sign since it takes about half an hour shorter to drive(!)
https://www.google.se/maps/dir/Stock...2d57.70887!3e0
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 12:07 PM   #2573
loefet

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSman View Post
They have now put new signs in Gothenburg recommending to take the R40 (when the new highway opens 17th october) instead of E20. This is good for my city, but also Borås
Anyone that uses a GPS or have any common knowledge have driven that route for many years now. It have been the preferred route between Gothenburg and Stockholm for the past 30 years at least, even though when parts of it was branded "Death Road". But still it's nice to see that they have given up on only marking destinations that are along the route, but also make it possible to put other destinations up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
The R40-route makes perfect sense to sign since it takes about half an hour shorter to drive(!)
And it will most likely be a bit quicker once the new stretch is up, though on the other hand Trafikverket have lowered the speed limit to 100 km/h between Gothenburg and Rya-motet, instead of 110 km/h, so we will see what the new travel time will be.

On your map then it seems like Google took a short-cut on the E18 instead of following the full E20 route, if you were to only follow the signed routes then it will take about 10 minutes longer still.

Swede, ETSman liked this post

Last edited by loefet; October 8th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.
loefet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #2574
Swede
forumer #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by loefet View Post
But still it's nice to see that they have given up on only marking destinations that are along the route, but also make it possible to put other destinations up.
Ah, but when will they dare to sign Uppsala and points north thereof on R55 & R56 instead of telling everyone to go through Stockholm?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Old October 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM   #2575
MattiG

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by loefet View Post
But still it's nice to see that they have given up on only marking destinations that are along the route, but also make it possible to put other destinations up.
This is not very informative:

Adding something like this might help to select the route:

Swede liked this post
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #2576
loefet

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Ah, but when will they dare to sign Uppsala and points north thereof on R55 & R56 instead of telling everyone to go through Stockholm?
They have been stuck with only signing points along the route for a very long time, and I assume that a higher standard road E-roads are prioritized compared to the smaller ones such as the R55 and R56 in this case. R40 to Stockholm I believe is the first example that they have gone away from this standard.

Same thing applies to E18 and E20. If you are in the centre of Stockholm and want to go to Oslo, then you would follow the signs north and onto E18 which end up at Oslo. But if you would want to go to Gothenburg, then the signs tells you to go south onto E20 which goes to Gothenburg. The thing is that E18 and E20 shares a bit of road between Arboga and Örebro, which would mean that you could go either way in reality. But it's still singed this way due to old regulations.

MattiG: that is exactly what I'm on about, just the other direction, and I agree that Stockholm N and S would be much more informative in this case.
There are many cases that really needs sorting out, and I think that there needs to be a big inquiry to how they could make this signing bit much more simple and logical in the future.

Swede liked this post
loefet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #2577
ETSman
Unregistered User

Quote:
Is it common throughout Sweden to refer to 'Rxx' when talking about a riksväg? I thought the more common prefix was 'RV'. Or is it specific to riksväg 40? I don't recall Trafikverket using the 'R' prefix in their press releases (usually they talk about 'väg xx').
I usually write Rxx, but it's up to everyone how they choose to write

FK SARAJEVO
Old October 15th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #2578
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Stockholm congestion charge

The congestion charge in Stockholm will be increased significantly at 1 January 2016.

The tolls will be raised by between 5 and 15 SEK during rush hour. The off-peak rate of 10 SEK will be raised to 11 SEK, but the off-peak period will also be shortened.

The highest toll will be 35 SEK (€ 3.75) between 7:30 - 8:30 and 16:00 - 17:30.

In addition, tolls will be introduced on Essingeleden (E4), the motorway through Stockholm. There will be different toll rates on Essingeleden, slightly lower than the general congestion charge into central Stockholm.

The maximum daily toll rate will also be increased from 60 SEK to 105 SEK (€ 11.25).

As the increase is much larger than a reasonable yearly indexation, it suggests that the congestion charge may not have been as effective as expected. The tolls will nearly double at peak hours.
Old October 15th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #2579
Swede
forumer #29

It was as effective as expected iirc. However the goal has been changed a bit now that the Greens are part of the coalition in City hall and in the national government. I'm in favour of the raise but the impact of the Greens is pretty obvious IMO.

The new taxes:
Code:
Inner City
time             SEK
06.30–06.59	 15
07.00–07.29	 25
07.30–08.29	 35
08.30–08.59	 25
09.00–09.29	 15
09.30–14.59	 11
15.00–15.29	 15
15.30–15.59	 25
16.00–17.29	 35
17.30–17.59	 25
18.00–18.29	 15

Essingeleden
time             SEK
06.30–06.59	 15
07.00–07.29	 22
07.30–08.29	 30
08.30–08.59	 22
09.00–09.29	 15
09.30–14.59	 11
15.00–15.29	 15
15.30–15.59	 22
16.00–17.29	 30
17.30–17.59	 22
18.00–18.29	 15
Old October 16th, 2015, 09:05 AM   #2580
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2638

Wow are f-ing kidding me, you can't even go cross town now without paying a tax, you lot are crazy.
105kr a day, that's 1/6 of the lowest earners daily income.

Quote:
Wastes your Money or Time
New Stockholm slogan?
Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote