daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2016, 07:45 AM   #2741
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Only in Swedish so far:
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2016, 07:47 AM   #2742
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Many trucks on this road. I as a bicyclist am looking forward to the new bikepath at Eda which makes it much easier to bicycle from Brokind to Rimforsa without having to worry about the trucks passing by on road 34.
Hopefully this is a sign of Trafikverket turning around on this issue and start building bike infra instead of when turning 1+1 into 1+2 roads in essence banning bicycling on those roads and thus making biking so much more difficult.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 01:18 PM   #2743
ETSman
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 445

We worked in Borås the other day so I took some snaps with my mobile on the new R40 towards Borås. PS it's my colleagues car so it's messy Also, you can see the motorway in google maps

Hökerummotet

FK SARAJEVO

Shifty2k5, JuaanAcosta, pmaciej7 liked this post

Last edited by ETSman; June 4th, 2016 at 01:25 PM.
ETSman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #2744
Mathias Olsen

Likes (Received): 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSman View Post
We worked in Borås the other day so I took some snaps with my mobile on the new R40 towards Borås.
The R40 section between Dållebo and Hester was opened on October 17, 2015. The good news is that we can travel almost all sections on a motorway from Goteborg to Stockholm.

Last edited by Mathias Olsen; June 8th, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
Mathias Olsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #2745
ETSman
Unregistered User

Yes, it opened in october. There is just 40 minutes drive from ulricehamn to jönköping, but it's a very good 2+1 road

FK SARAJEVO
Old June 7th, 2016, 09:25 PM   #2746
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias Olsen View Post
The R40 section between Dållebo and Hester was opened on October 17, 2015. The good news is that we can travel on a motorway from Southern Norway via Goteborg to Stockholm on most part.
Would you really chose that route? It's nearly 200km longer than E18.
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:21 PM   #2747
ETSman
Unregistered User

this route is better for vehicles coming from south...altough there is E4. But for vehicles driving the E20 this route is much better

aNyone who has info about R40 going all the way to jönköping? I have a friend there and he said that they are planning to extend the motorway

FK SARAJEVO
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:36 PM   #2748
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I drove across the Öresund Bridge yesterday and I used the credit card lane. They charged me as a large van, almost 1000 DKK. I went to the customer service and they debited my account.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:41 PM   #2749
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

Depends, what was mentioned here was Southern Norway - Stockholm. The Rv40 is not a good alternative for this route no matter if going via Moss, Drøbak, or Strömstad.
Old June 8th, 2016, 11:44 PM   #2750
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSman View Post
this route is better for vehicles coming from south...altough there is E4. But for vehicles driving the E20 this route is much better

aNyone who has info about R40 going all the way to jönköping? I have a friend there and he said that they are planning to extend the motorway
I very recently read in a newsletter that circulates among construction firms in jönköpings län, that the local region is looking for a "samordnare" who will work with a possible extension of the motorway from ulricehamn to jönköping. Not very concrete but at least it's something.

The biggest up and coming project in the area is the widening of road 26/47 from Jönköping to Mullsjö, roughly 20 km of new 2+1 road. Starts this autumn or early next year. Svevia won the tender.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 08:41 PM   #2751
ETSman
Unregistered User

Who are the two main competitiors? Svevia and PEAB?

FK SARAJEVO
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:25 PM   #2752
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I drove E45 south today, all the way from Östersund to Trollhättan. A very long drive (12 hours including stops, from Åre). Traffic is generally very light north of Mora, i had to pass only one truck on the nearly 600 kilometer drive from Åre to Torsby. I was a bit disappointed with the speed limits though, it was mostly 80-90 and the 100 stretches are fairly limited.

Sveg - Mora has uncomfortable pavement, it is very uneven and poorly patched up. I only saw maintenance works south of Mora. A small segment of E45 near Mellerud is being improved to 2+1. The amount of speed cameras north of Vänersborg is crazy, they were installed every few kilometers and this stretch is unimproved with several towns / villages and 70-80 km/t speed limits at best.
Old June 17th, 2016, 12:43 AM   #2753
Shifty2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I drove E45 south today, all the way from Östersund to Trollhättan. A very long drive (12 hours including stops, from Åre). Traffic is generally very light north of Mora, i had to pass only one truck on the nearly 600 kilometer drive from Åre to Torsby. I was a bit disappointed with the speed limits though, it was mostly 80-90 and the 100 stretches are fairly limited.

Sveg - Mora has uncomfortable pavement, it is very uneven and poorly patched up. I only saw maintenance works south of Mora. A small segment of E45 near Mellerud is being improved to 2+1. The amount of speed cameras north of Vänersborg is crazy, they were installed every few kilometers and this stretch is unimproved with several towns / villages and 70-80 km/t speed limits at best.
Here's a list of this summers roadworks in Dalarna:

http://www.trafikverket.se/om-oss/nyheter/Lansvisa-nyheter/Dalarna/2016-05/sommarens-vagarbeten-i-dalarnas-lan-2016/

Apparently 53 km of e45 will be repaved. Most asphalt on state roads is laid after the vacation period, so in August - October. This is to prevent the pavement from being exposed to very hot summer days when the bitumen rises and causes slippery spots.

Most of the pavement works on the 45 this summer will be made by first laying a thin layer of gravel and then immediately after cover it with bitumen. The result is very rough and rather noisy, but it's very cheap and fast compared to conventional asphalt.
Old June 17th, 2016, 11:11 AM   #2754
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2638

I doubt one can expect too much from such remote roads, traffic is probably very light.
Mirror's Edge está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 09:29 PM   #2755
ChrisZwolle
Road user

E45, Göteborg

Some photos of E45 in Göteborg.

1. Partihallsförbindelsen is a new interchange / viaduct where E20 meets E45 and E6. Under construction is the connection to the new Marieholm Tunnel under the Göta River.

E45-1 by European Roads, on Flickr

2. This area has 4 interchanges on 1 km²

E45-2 by European Roads, on Flickr

3. An exiting taper. The gantry is located a little far behind the point where traffic flows diverge.

E45-4 by European Roads, on Flickr

4. A railroad crossing. It appears to be an industrial railroad.

E45-5 by European Roads, on Flickr

5. E45 crosses under the railway to Trollhättan. It was upgraded to a commuter line in 2012 (Alependeln). They also built this new underpass with a more smooth S-curve than the previous one.

E45-6 by European Roads, on Flickr

6. There are two locations north of Göteborg where the old main road curves off into the outlying neighborhoods. This is the first one, redesigned as a left exit to County Road 190.

E45-7 by European Roads, on Flickr

7. The speed limit is only 80 km/h. I've driven this stretch in both directions just after the morning rush hour and most people were driving 100-110.

E45-9 by European Roads, on Flickr

8. The second spot where the old route splits off.

E45-10 by European Roads, on Flickr

9. Immediately after the split there is a set of traffic lights, the only one between Göteborg and Trollhättan.

E45-12 by European Roads, on Flickr

10. A large viaduct spans the Göta River Valley. It also spans across E6 to Oslo, E6 and E45 run only 0.5 kilometers apart, with the Göta River in between.

E45-13 by European Roads, on Flickr

11. Motorway status starts at Surte.

E45-15 by European Roads, on Flickr

E45-16 by European Roads, on Flickr
Old June 21st, 2016, 10:51 AM   #2756
Victorinus
GOES - NL

Likes (Received): 343

Nice pictures, I drove yesterday that route to the north.
Victorinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 07:24 PM   #2757
Shifty2k5

Electrified road between Gävle and Sandviken:

Source: http://www.hd.se/2016-06-22/varldens...a-elvag-invigd
Old June 22nd, 2016, 07:52 PM   #2758
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

What's the point of it? It looks like a sort of trolleybus, but for freight transport.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:43 PM   #2759
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The article speaks of a 22 kilometer segment, but Trafikverket says it's only 2 kilometers. The cost was 125 million SEK (€ 13 million)
Old June 23rd, 2016, 12:17 AM   #2760
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
On an off-topic note:
What's an American full-size pickup truck doing in Europe?

American Expat? American Embassy employee? American tourist?
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote