daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2016, 09:29 PM   #2821
MattiG

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Hardly anything except a lost 1 cent. You don't even pay to the state but a private company, that they use to collect taxes from Finnish-registered customers. The company even has a Finnish bank account. (As you probably know, but other users of the forum probably don't know. I can only assume it is a similar system for other non-Swedish customers as well.)
I have understood that it is the same UK-based company which collects the Norwegian road tolls. Very professional, but creates a negative bottom-line to the Swedish taxpayers.

I expect that the one cent will be deducted from my next invoice.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #2822
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
I have understood that it is the same UK-based company which collects the Norwegian road tolls.
No, it is ParkTrade Europe AB, a Swedish company. At least that's what it said in my last Swedish road tax -related invoice (in January).
Old October 28th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #2823
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19354

A 20 kilometer new route of riksväg 56 is inaugurated today. It runs from Heby to Tärnsjö (northwest of Uppsala).

It is a 2+1 road with cable barrier. The construction cost was 355 million SEK (€ 36 million).

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM   #2824
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

Some news from Sweden:

Final route alignment for the E22 between Fjälkinge and Gualöv has been decided on.
9 km of 2+1 road will be rebuilt to a 21,5 m wide highway between 2020-2022. This is one of the last non-motorway stretches of E22 in Skåne now that the bypass Linderöd is being constructed and the stretch between Sätaröd - Vä will commence in 2017/18.

Here's a map showing the new alignment:
http://www.trafikverket.se/contentas...ning_alt-1.pdf

Also, a contractor has been chosen for the construction of 17 km of new 2+1 (some parts will have a climbing lane, so 3+1) expressway in a new alignment between Jönköping and the town of Mullsjö. Road number is 26/47 and construction will start in the spring of 2017 and finish late 2019.

Works on förbifart Stockholm have finally kicked into gear. All segments, except for the tunnels under Lovön, have started construction.

Mirror's Edge liked this post

Last edited by Shifty2k5; November 7th, 2016 at 08:31 PM.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 10:49 PM   #2825
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Riksväg 68

A 6.5 km new alignment of riksväg 68 opened to traffic yesterday around Fors (Dalarna).

The old road is already a bypass of Fors, I'm a bit surprised they were willing to spend a significant amount of money on it, the old road doesn't look too bad (two wide lanes, 70 km/h speed limit due to factory access).

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL, MichiH liked this post
Old November 16th, 2016, 09:46 PM   #2826
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 173

The factory you see in the middle of the map, a carton mill, wants to expand. Given the constraints the factory will use up the space of the old road ("Vägsträcka som utgår ur allmänt underhåll" = Road that won't be maintained anymore) and parts of the lake. Hence the road had to move further out.

http://www.dalademokraten.se/dalarna...-att-expandera

ChrisZwolle liked this post
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 12:54 AM   #2827
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotlaufen View Post
The factory you see in the middle of the map, a carton mill, wants to expand. Given the constraints the factory will use up the space of the old road ("Vägsträcka som utgår ur allmänt underhåll" = Road that won't be maintained anymore) and parts of the lake. Hence the road had to move further out.

http://www.dalademokraten.se/dalarna...-att-expandera
If the factory is also paying a bit of the new road, thats a good deal for both sides. Thanks for this helpful information. Very often projects could be understood better by local knowledge!

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

Swede liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 11:44 AM   #2828
Shifty2k5

Here's an image from october showing the ongoing construction and widening of the E4 at Kungens Kurva. This is where the new tunnels of Förbifart Stockholm will diverge from the E4.

Image from trafikverkets instagram, E4forbifartstockholm

And this is what it will look like in 2025:

In other news, according to this article from a local newspaper, Trafikverket is seeing massive traffic growth on the E6 between Malmö and Helsingborg. In december they will start planning measures. This might include a widening to 3+3 lanes.

http://www.hd.se/2016-11-22/trafiken...nfarkten-pa-e6

8166UY liked this post

Last edited by Shifty2k5; November 22nd, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 03:22 PM   #2829
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post

And this is what it will look like in 2025:

I know someone who will be happy. So many lanes!
Old November 22nd, 2016, 05:29 PM   #2830
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2636

Remember way back in the early 90s how I was chocked those huge pylons where right there in town, on prime freeway facing real estate, 30 years later and they are still there.

No offense, but stockholm area looks kinda nasty, commie blocks, small patches of mosquito infested generic pine woods and some random houses..
No leafy trees, no organization, feels like humans have given up.
Mirror's Edge está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:27 AM   #2831
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
Remember way back in the early 90s how I was chocked those huge pylons where right there in town, on prime freeway facing real estate, 30 years later and they are still there.

No offense, but stockholm area looks kinda nasty, commie blocks, small patches of mosquito infested generic pine woods and some random houses..
No leafy trees, no organization, feels like humans have given up.
It's not that Stockholm lacks urban freeways, if that's what your complaint is about:

https://goo.gl/maps/K2jE9QkXsFK2

As for your second paragraph.. well, it's located where it is located and much was built in the modernist era (1930-1980). On that latitude N55°- above most cities follow that description (with an exception for Saint Petersburg, a city which has a metro area pop. of 5 millions and was an imperial capital for two centuries).
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 01:04 PM   #2832
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotlaufen View Post
It's not that Stockholm lacks urban freeways, if that's what your complaint is about:

https://goo.gl/maps/K2jE9QkXsFK2

As for your second paragraph.. well, it's located where it is located and much was built in the modernist era (1930-1980). On that latitude N55°- above most cities follow that description (with an exception for Saint Petersburg, a city which has a metro area pop. of 5 millions and was an imperial capital for two centuries).
I'm just having a laugh at the ppl saying there is no land to build on when there is patches of pine trees everywhere in Stockholm, how about you build a dense and exiting city with long BLVDs with on street shopping and living, instead there is tiny roads meandering around in sparse chaos of 100% area zoning.
Nature already have 97% of Sweden land, let us have the last 3 to live on, you know.

Swede, Longbottom, OnTheNorthRoad liked this post
Mirror's Edge está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 04:33 PM   #2833
Longbottom

Likes (Received): 6

Agree totally! Most Swedish towns and cities are made up of more trees and green areas than buildings, and these areas are usually not parks or even easily accessible, but often just left-overs used for nothing. Stockholm, and many other places, could be twice as dense without a problem. I guess it is a result of Sweden being such a large country at the same time as the population is small. There is a lot of empty land to use, so developers can always find cheaper land further out, and they are also used to planning everything bigger than in most other European countries. But I can't help thinking it's a waste of space.
Longbottom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:13 AM   #2834
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbottom View Post
Agree totally! Most Swedish towns and cities are made up of more trees and green areas than buildings, and these areas are usually not parks or even easily accessible, but often just left-overs used for nothing. Stockholm, and many other places, could be twice as dense without a problem. I guess it is a result of Sweden being such a large country at the same time as the population is small. There is a lot of empty land to use, so developers can always find cheaper land further out, and they are also used to planning everything bigger than in most other European countries. But I can't help thinking it's a waste of space.
Why should Stockholm be twice as dense?

RV liked this post
Old November 26th, 2016, 10:16 AM   #2835
Longbottom

Likes (Received): 6

I didn't say Stockholm should be twice as dense; I said it could be. Just look at the pictures in this thread! There are patches of unused space practically everywhere. Stockholm is not the only example. Look at how far from the centre Gottsunda in Uppsala is, or the whole Angered area in Göteborg! If the city had been built denser from the start, all suburbs, shopping parks, industrial areas etc would have been closer to the centre and closer to each other. That would mean a more rational use of the land and shorter distances. This in turn would lead to more nature left for plant and animal life (instead of patches here and there between motorways and built-up areas there would be continuous areas of nature), less pollution (since all transports would be shorter), and possibly also better public transport since the higher density would mean better basis for more services, stations etc. Living in Central Europe, I am sometimes shocked at the wasteful use of space in Scandinavian cities (mind you I lived in Sweden for 27 years, so I do have some experience).

But of course that's just my opinion. I know there are reasons why cities tend to look like that (with Malmö as a clear exception - it is considerably more densely built than most Swedish cities due to the lack of available land). And I do not demand that they suddenly change their mind about these things. But I do feel it's wasteful, and that the land could have been used better.
Longbottom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #2836
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Well as a resident of Helsinki I'm so happy to see maple forests in the middle of the city proper (not in the center, of course), and I wish we had also spaghetti junctions in the center like Stockholm does. Now the Green Party (!), which is in charge of city planning (thanks to the "rightist" party Kokoomus which got one private golf course protected) is destroying de facto protected archipelago forests and main access freeways in the name of more density both. Don't let that happen to Stockholm! Slussen has already been removed, the first complete interchange in Europe...
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:35 PM   #2837
Shifty2k5

Motormännen, which is an organization for motor-vehicle owners in Sweden, made a list of the most dangerous roads in the nation. The criteria are:

Speedlimit above 80 km/h.
AADT of more than 4000 vpd.
No median barriers to prevent head on collisions.

This map shows all roads which meet the above criteria with an AADT of 8000 vpd.

Last edited by Shifty2k5; December 3rd, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 02:17 PM   #2838
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1662

Strange criteria. Wouldn't a list of roads with the most accidents/deaths, or one that takes that and compares it to AADT, be of far more interest?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:15 PM   #2839
Shifty2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Strange criteria. Wouldn't a list of roads with the most accidents/deaths, or one that takes that and compares it to AADT, be of far more interest?
Here's the article:

https://www.motormannen.se/nyheter/nyheter-2016/de-farligaste-vagarna-2016/
Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:34 PM   #2840
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A very large share of German Bundesstraßen would fall in the category 'over 4000 vpd and higher than 80 km/h speed limit'.

In this case, an upgrade to 2+1 with median cable barrier would be best, but I'm afraid they'll just reduce the speed limit.