daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #501
makesome
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Nice.
makesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #502
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

I don't think motorways in Sweden are more safe than they are in other countries. And I don't think people in Sweden are better car-drivers than other people. But on some parts of the motorways there is not so much traffic because they are going in the forest and outside small villages between the bigger cities. One thing I think is dangerous in Sweden is the missing of telephones for emergency. If an accident happening at a Swedish motorway there is no telephone and that’s not good.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #503
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

Seriously, have you ever driven in for example France or Belgium, not to mention Poland?

Besides everyone has mobilephones now.
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #504
Uppsala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
Seriously, have you ever driven in for example France or Belgium, not to mention Poland?

Besides everyone has mobilephones now.
Yes I have driven on the motorways in France, Belgium and Poland. And most people have mobilephones now. But the problem is when an accident happen and maybe the mobilphone is not working. And there were no phones at the motorways before the time when all people get mobilephones. But there is also no marks for the kilometers at the Swedish motorway. So at an accident you don't know where it's happen like you can see at the motorways in Germany.

The motorways here in Sweden are not bad, but sometimes a little bit to basic and long ways between junctions, petrol stations and other things. In France, Belgium and Poland there are at least a little bit closer between the junctions.
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #505
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

There are a lot of areas in Sweden where there is no cell phone coverage. The main roads usually have, but remote areas do not always have full coverage.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #506
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 585

My point was Swedish (Or Scandinavian.) drivers are generally more carefull and slow on the road (Thus accident doesn't turn to fatality) than those from comparable European contries. (In my experience.)
Old April 27th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #507
Uppsala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
My point was Swedish (Or Scandinavian.) drivers are generally more carefull and slow on the road (Thus accident doesn't turn to fatality) than those from comparable European contries. (In my experience.)
Im sorry to say that but I definitely don't agree with that. I had driven in many European countries and I don't find Swedish drivers more carefull than other drivers in other European countries. That's only a myth. Sometimes they are even more dangerous because sometimes at the motorways you can find drivers who are not used to drive on motorways because they are living in parts of Sweden were there are no motorways or bigger roads. German drivers are used to drive on motorways or bigger roads. But many people in Sweden and other parts of northern Europe believe that’s true. I think the reason about the accidents are only because how much traffic you can find at the roads. If cities similar to London or Paris exits in Sweden the situation should be different.
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #508
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

I second that. Even the speed is in many cases only in theory lower. Very many people on Norwegian motorways drive between 115 and 125 (with a 100 km/h) limit, which is not substantially different from what they do for instance in Italy (where the limit is 130). And the police does not seem to care. Enforcement on other roads is much stricter, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There are a lot of areas in Sweden where there is no cell phone coverage. The main roads usually have, but remote areas do not always have full coverage.
Most main roads have mobile coverage even in remote areas, and that is certainly true regarding the motorways.
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #509
Schweden
Registered Loser

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Well, not really. Telia always has coverege.. And you can always call 112 via roaming.

Also, if you don't have a cellphone (or if it isnt working), another car will pass very soon anyways. Especially on the motorways, there really isnt any empty motorways here. Even on major rural roads, a car will pass within 5 minutes.
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #510
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I have a few questions concerning road-related taxes (skatt).

I know there is a Fordonsskat (road tax), which you pay depending on emissions (older cars pay according to weight and fuel type). There is also a fuel tax (former bensinskatt, now koldioxidskatt and energiskatt). So far so good.

I was not able to find a car registration tax (like in Denmark) which you pay when the car is registered for the first time. Can anybody give me a (Swedish) link to an official site with figures about this tax?

By the way, I was surprised to see both fuel tax and road tax are (much) lower in Sweden than in the Netherlands.
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #511
Swedway
Globetrotter

Likes (Received): 7

Here is the link of Licensing a vehicle for use in Sweden:

http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/en/...hicle-for-use/
Swedway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #512
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That's not exactly the one I meant. In Denmark you have to pay 180% of the car's value in order to have it registered (not just the license plates). I assume there's something similar in Sweden. It's called "Registreringsafgift" in Denmark.
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #513
Swedway
Globetrotter

Likes (Received): 7

We do not have "registeringsavgift" in Sweden.
Swedway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #514
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Really? So you only pay VAT (moms) over the value of a car? Then Swedish cars must be like 50% cheaper than Danish cars. (unfortunately, if you import the car, you still have to pay Danish skatt)
Old May 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #515
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Really? So you only pay VAT (moms) over the value of a car? Then Swedish cars must be like 50% cheaper than Danish cars. (unfortunately, if you import the car, you still have to pay Danish skatt)
Cars are considerably cheaper in Sweden than Denmark or, for that matter, Norway. Don't know precisely how much, but it's certainly to do with the tax system. I also know that the price to dealers is lower in Denmark than in most other countries (because of the heavy government tax, I presume). Thus, quite a few Norwegians have bought brand new cars in Denmark since importing these to Norway is actually cheaper than buying them in Norway. You never register these in Denmark, of course, and therefore avoid Danish taxes.
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #516
kanterberg

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Countries with its own car industry have low taxes on cars and countries without a car industry can introduce any extra taxes and registration fees and what have you... there are no lobbyists there to stop it.
kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #517
EceB
Chapecoense

Likes (Received): 5141

Awesome !
I will visit Sweden someday , I will .

P.s: The Brazilian Motorways sucks !
EceB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #518
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
THEY ARE!!!
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #519
Uppsala

Some people from Denmark are comming to Sweden and buy cars here. The buy them in Sweden and take them home to Denmark and change the plates to Danish plates
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #520
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Some people from Denmark are comming to Sweden and buy cars here. The buy them in Sweden and take them home to Denmark and change the plates to Danish plates
That's not how it happens, since they would still have to pay the 180% tax
Spikespiegel no está en línea   Reply With Quote