daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #521
Polonus

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikespiegel View Post
That's not how it happens, since they would still have to pay the 180% tax
Denmark has really draconian economic regulations concerning cars.
Have you guys heard about the case of brazilian football player Jose Junior playing in FC Copenhagen? I read about that last year. One day when Jose left the club after a training Danish tax-collectors were waiting for him by his Mercedes. They gave subpoena to him and towed the car. Junior was fined by Danish tax office with 700,000 krones which makes 94,000 euros! (350,000 krones for driving his Swedish-registered car in Denmark plus 350,000 krones for re-registranion in Denmark). Junior played in Malmoe FF, in 2008 he signed new contract and was transferred to FC Copenhagen but he was still living in Malmoe commuting by car from Malmoe to Copenhagen via Oresund Bridge every day.
Polonus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #522
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Thousand upon thousands of Swedes (as well as Danes living in Sweden) commute by car to Copenhagen for work every day without any problems. I'm puzzled as to why Junior was singled out like that.
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #523
Aphelion

Likes (Received): 20

Two motorway projects on the E22 starting after the summer:

Gårdstånga to east of Rolsberga (existing dual carriageway to Hurva will be rebuilt, the remaining part is widened):

Northeast of Hörby to west of Linderöd (widening of existing road):
Aphelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #524
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Google Maps has a hard time to show the difference between a grade-separated 2+1 motortrafikled and a full motorväg. I noticed this in other countries as well.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #525
Peter999

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polonus View Post
Denmark has really draconian economic regulations concerning cars.
Have you guys heard about the case of brazilian football player Jose Junior playing in FC Copenhagen? I read about that last year. One day when Jose left the club after a training Danish tax-collectors were waiting for him by his Mercedes. They gave subpoena to him and towed the car. Junior was fined by Danish tax office with 700,000 krones which makes 94,000 euros! (350,000 krones for driving his Swedish-registered car in Denmark plus 350,000 krones for re-registranion in Denmark). Junior played in Malmoe FF, in 2008 he signed new contract and was transferred to FC Copenhagen but he was still living in Malmoe commuting by car from Malmoe to Copenhagen via Oresund Bridge every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post

Thousand upon thousands of Swedes (as well as Danes living in Sweden) commute by car to Copenhagen for work every day without any problems. I'm puzzled as to why Junior was singled out like that.
Even though he previously had an address in Malmö, later he actually lived in a flat in Denmark, in order to utilize the special 25% tax scheme for foreigners in Denmark. When living in Denmark, working in Denmark, and utilizing this special Danish tax scheme, it is no wonder that he has to pay the same car registration tax as the Danes. Apparently he also admitted the crime and paid his debt to the tax authorities.

Politiken: Junior lives in Ørestaden
TV2/BT: Junior pays his debt
Danish Tax authorities: 25% Tax Scheme
Danish Tax authorities: If you bring a vehicle with foreign number plates to Denmark
Peter999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #526
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

Could someone please help me with the vv.se AADT program? I am clueless, really.
That would be this one btw.
http://gis.vv.se/tfk2/tfk/indextfk.aspx?config=tfk

Last edited by Shifty2k5; June 17th, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #527
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

First, zoom to an area, then enter a road number, for example "20" for E20. Then click on "uppdatera", and the new map loads with AADT values. You can zoom in. On roads with multiple road numbers, it only gives traffic volumes of the primary road number, usually the lowest. For example, for the Malmö - Göteborg route use "6" (E6), not "20" (E20).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #528
Shifty2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
First, zoom to an area, then enter a road number, for example "20" for E20. Then click on "uppdatera", and the new map loads with AADT values. You can zoom in. On roads with multiple road numbers, it only gives traffic volumes of the primary road number, usually the lowest. For example, for the Malmö - Göteborg route use "6" (E6), not "20" (E20).
Awesome! Thank you.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM   #529
Dan

Likes (Received): 3

an anyone help me with this? I know there is some place east of the bridge, on the Swedish side, where you can get some amazing photos of the bridge and scenery, etc. Can anyone give me an exact location/address that I could enter in our GPS?

Tack för hjälpen
Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM   #530
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
an anyone help me with this? I know there is some place east of the bridge, on the Swedish side, where you can get some amazing photos of the bridge and scenery, etc. Can anyone give me an exact location/address that I could enter in our GPS?

Tack för hjälpen
I could not find an exact address, but I think that this'll probably help you:
Link here
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:12 PM   #531
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Yup, that's Lernacken. I think it's called Luftkastellet too.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM   #532
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Junior played in Malmoe FF, in 2008 he signed new contract and was transferred to FC Copenhagen but he was still living in Malmoe commuting by car from Malmoe to Copenhagen via Oresund Bridge every day.
Thats weird since according to EU legislation should hold these exceptions

Exceptions to compulsory registration after 6 months:
students using their own vehicle in another EU country (if their only reason for being there is to study).
cross-border workers using their own vehicle to commute regularly from their country of residence to the country where they work.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:36 PM   #533
Surel

Quote:
Junior played in Malmoe FF, in 2008 he signed new contract and was transferred to FC Copenhagen but he was still living in Malmoe commuting by car from Malmoe to Copenhagen via Oresund Bridge every day.
Thats weird since according to EU legislation should hold these exceptions

Exceptions to compulsory registration after 6 months:
students using their own vehicle in another EU country (if their only reason for being there is to study).
cross-border workers using their own vehicle to commute regularly from their country of residence to the country where they work.

Last edited by Surel; June 22nd, 2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: please someone with rights delete it, thanks
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:27 PM   #534
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElviS77 View Post
Cars are considerably cheaper in Sweden than Denmark or, for that matter, Norway. Don't know precisely how much, but it's certainly to do with the tax system. I also know that the price to dealers is lower in Denmark than in most other countries (because of the heavy government tax, I presume). Thus, quite a few Norwegians have bought brand new cars in Denmark since importing these to Norway is actually cheaper than buying them in Norway. You never register these in Denmark, of course, and therefore avoid Danish taxes.
Exactly. In fact the cars bought in Denmark are one of the cheapest in EU. We are talking about the price without VAT tax and without the registration tax. Once you buy the car in Denmark you register it as new in your home country and pay your home country VAT, the difference to the Danish VAT is then returned to you. The nice point is that due to these very high taxes in Denenmark, the raw price of car is rather cheap.

So we buy the cheapest model Skoda Yetti in Denmark for 259.900 dk (34.930 EUR) from the price list. However this is price of the car with the registration tax (registreringsafgift) and VAT. Therefore first we have to compute the raw car price.

We use following page: http://www.skm.dk/tal_statistik/afgi...ning/2287.html

We come up to the raw price+VAT of 113 982 dk. Minus the VAT differential (Dannish VAT 25, Czech VAT 19% e.g.) of -6 % we get to the price of 107 143 dk.

Therefore we get the resulting price in EUR 14 400. The computation is however aproximate. In The Netherlands is similar "new car tax" and on the same model we get around the same results, the nett raw price is then around 13 100 EUR when we would "import it" into Czech rep (here is no VAT difference).

It is anyway funny that the car would travel first from Czech rep. to Denmark on rail and then back on road, just to be sold for cheaper price than retail in the country of its origin.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM   #535
Shifty2k5

Here's a map of divided roads in Sweden btw, motorways and 2+1.

http://www.trafikverket.se/PageFiles...tesfri1006.pdf
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #536
rarse

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks Shifty2k5
rarse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #537
Dan

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsue View Post
Yup, that's Lernacken. I think it's called Luftkastellet too.
Thanks
Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #538
Shifty2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Two motorway projects on the E22 starting after the summer:

Gårdstånga to east of Rolsberga (existing dual carriageway to Hurva will be rebuilt, the remaining part is widened):

Northeast of Hörby to west of Linderöd (widening of existing road):

Do you know if the second part (Between Hörby and Linderöd) will be made into a 2+2 motorway or a regular 2+1?
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #539
Aphelion

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
Do you know if the second part (Between Hörby and Linderöd) will be made into a 2+2 motorway or a regular 2+1?
2+2
Aphelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM   #540
kanterberg

Likes (Received): 4

From Arlanda Airport to Stockholm

I hereby invite you to join me on a short road trip from Stockholm's Arlanda Airport to Stockholm. I thought since Sweden is perhaps best known for its rural roads and motorways it could be fun to see some urban motorways aswell.

First, a map of the trip driven, all together about 50 kms.
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=d&sourc...1,2.359314&z=9

We start out at the airport:

Approaching the E4-interchange where we can go south towards Stockholm or north towards Uppsala. This section from the airport to the E4 is concrete, wich is fairly unusual in Sweden:

No traffic announcements or delays reported:

The airport is located almost 40 km north of Stockholm:

Closing in on "Rastplats Stora Wäsby", with services

Keep your distance:

Oddly, Rastplats Stora Wäsby is numbered as exit 177, but you can't get off the motorway here so it's hard to understand how it can be an exit.

Gas station, McDonald's and rest area:

Back on the motorway:

"Welcome to Stockholm", featuring the criticized slogan "The capital of Scandinavia":

A third lane is added. This marks the beginning of the longest 2x3 motorway section in Sweden:

This part of the motorway was widened to 2x3 at the end of the 90's:

Take the next exit to eventually wind up on E18-west bound for Oslo. Like the US, Sweden recently started to add s, n, v and ö to road numbers when a destination city is not given on the sign:

No wildlife fencing for a few hundred meters:

Motorway information system starts here:

A fourth lane is added from the right. However, it becomes the exit lane at the next exit. After the next exit, again a fourth lane is added only to disappear at the following exit:

Lane-markings like these on motorways were introduced just two years ago at certain exits on busy roads:

An information sign about the congestion charging in Stockholm with a phone number to call:

The right lane is reserved for buses and taxis:
[IMG]http://forumbilder.se/images
/193201071711P9fcc.jpg[/IMG]

Putting up ads along the motorway is forbidden, due to "traffic safety concerns". However, this sign was put up by the Road Authoriy itself:

A confusing lane indicator sign:

Dutch registered. Stockholm - Holland in a Renault Clio... that must be quite an adventure

First exit(s) for the city of Stockholm. This one for "Norrtull", the north entrance point to the city:

This exit is for Stockholm Centrum. Notice the "Congestion charge"-sign at the exit:

Entering the half-finished ring road and its western part. Notice how destination cities are dropped here and only road numbers are given:

The Fredhäll tunnel
[IMG]http://forumbilder.se/images
/423201072808P7791.jpg[/IMG]

This section of the E4 is the busiest road in Sweden with 165 000 ADT:

Approaching Trafikplats Nyboda:

Notice how the exit-number-sign is wrong, it shows an exit to the right when the exit is, in fact, to the left:

Entering the South link tunnel system and its main tunnel with a lenght of almost 4 km:

We're out of the tunnel:

This is my exit:
kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote