daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #721
Morsue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1,282
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes, I know. But I was at the site and the thing looked far from finished. So I'm wondering if anyone has any further information.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #722
Ingenioren
Registered User
 
Ingenioren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oslo
Posts: 5,605
Likes (Received): 584

Could mean opening in novermber you know. Road projects tend to look chaotic untill the end, especially where new road meets old road untill one day the site is cleared and asfalt start pouring in

You can see here that the rocklayer is finished and bridge almost, so the most time-consuming jobs are done.
__________________
I want to see some construction!

Last edited by Ingenioren; September 8th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #723
Schweden
Registered Loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Barcelona/Gothenburg
Posts: 558
Likes (Received): 40

Has anyone got pictures from this bridge at E6an? Apperently the stretch opened for traffic this summer.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/28612089
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #724
xbox36O
Registered User
 
xbox36O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11
Likes (Received): 0

What is the difference between a 18.5m, 19.5m, 20.5m and 21.5m wide motorway?
xbox36O no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #725
Shifty2k5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox36O View Post
What is the difference between a 18.5m, 19.5m, 20.5m and 21.5m wide motorway?
The width?
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #726
BWG95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 83
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
The width?
What I think he meant is, what is smaller on the narrower roads? Well, the shoulders' width vary depending on the motorway's width. In Sweden, I've noticed that new motorways have smaller shoulders than slightly older ones in some places. The lane width can also vary a bit.
BWG95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #727
Uppsala
Registered User
 
Uppsala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uppsala, S, Europe
Posts: 654
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweden View Post
Has anyone got pictures from this bridge at E6an? Apperently the stretch opened for traffic this summer.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/28612089
The biggest problem with the E6 from Uddevalla to the Norwegian border is that motorway is still not finished. Everything is to late and this is a very important motorway. This is the road from Copenhagen and Hamburg to Oslo and most part of Norway. This motorway should be finished for at least 10 years ago.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #728
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly
 
IceCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada is my city
Posts: 7,229
Likes (Received): 927

While Statens Vegvesen sped things up on the Norwegian side, Vägverket sped things down on the Swedish side Also there is no streetlights on the Swedish side, which makes it much more hazardious to drive on due to the big wildlife in this area.
__________________
Oslo/Copenhagen - The True Capital of Scandinavia.


Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:56 AM   #729
Uppsala
Registered User
 
Uppsala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uppsala, S, Europe
Posts: 654
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
While Statens Vegvesen sped things up on the Norwegian side, Vägverket sped things down on the Swedish side Also there is no streetlights on the Swedish side, which makes it much more hazardious to drive on due to the big wildlife in this area.
There is not so much streetlights at the Swedish motorways. There is streetlights at the motorways in some cities like Stockholm, Uppsala and Gothenburg. But most of the motorways don't have it. It's more like Germany where they don't have so much streetlights at the motorways. There is more streetlights in Sweden than Germany but less than UK, Netherlands and Belgium. But I don't think the streetlights is any problem at all. The problem is the motorway from Uddevalla to Norwegian border is still not finished and that is at least 10 years delated, with or without streetlights. If only the motorway is going to be finished, we don't have that problem anymore. The situation with E6 from Uddevalla to the Norwegian border is similar to the D8 in Czech Republic near Lovosice. I hope the last part of E6 is going to be finished soon.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:55 AM   #730
staff
囧!
 
staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Posts: 10,829
Likes (Received): 717


I think pretty much every stretch of motorway within Malmö Municipal have street lights as well.
__________________
staff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #731
Ingenioren
Registered User
 
Ingenioren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oslo
Posts: 5,605
Likes (Received): 584

I hate the Norwegian motorway lamps, we are experimenting on a new solution on some new motorways - i haven't tried it but i guess it's more soft to the eyes and more of guiding light than a streetlight. I think the E6 is fine at night, new Swedish motorways have very many reflectors in the median that makes a simular effect as a "guideline". Animals are not a big problem on motorways because of the fences.

Experimental motorway (E6 - Norway.)


Also there are lights on the Bohuslän E6 at every exit and entering point of motorway.
__________________
I want to see some construction!
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #732
Shifty2k5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 157

Does anyone know how they make the rumble strips that I keep seeing on new stretches of highway? I've seen them in all kinds of dimensions..
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #733
kanterberg
Registered User
 
kanterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty2k5 View Post
Does anyone know how they make the rumble strips that I keep seeing on new stretches of highway? I've seen them in all kinds of dimensions..
There are many types, but I think the ones you're referring to is the milled-in type, added to existing asphalt or concrete. They use a rotating drum fitted with a cutting head, if that makes any sense.

Here's an example from E20 between Stockholm and Strängnäs. Pictures were taken a few weeks ago.





kanterberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #734
Schweden
Registered Loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Barcelona/Gothenburg
Posts: 558
Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
There is not so much streetlights at the Swedish motorways. There is streetlights at the motorways in some cities like Stockholm, Uppsala and Gothenburg. But most of the motorways don't have it. It's more like Germany where they don't have so much streetlights at the motorways. There is more streetlights in Sweden than Germany but less than UK, Netherlands and Belgium. But I don't think the streetlights is any problem at all. The problem is the motorway from Uddevalla to Norwegian border is still not finished and that is at least 10 years delated, with or without streetlights. If only the motorway is going to be finished, we don't have that problem anymore. The situation with E6 from Uddevalla to the Norwegian border is similar to the D8 in Czech Republic near Lovosice. I hope the last part of E6 is going to be finished soon.
It is going to be done soon, right? And well, instead of living in the past I think we should be happy that's it's finally done - after all, you can't change the past. Always gotta look forward! I'm really satisfied with the new motorways being built, because finally we can actually start calling our motorways a "network". When E6 is done, I hope they speed up development on the E4, making it motorway all the way from Helsingborg to Sundsvall (including the stretch near Ljungby, it really needs to be rebuilt). I can't see that happening for another 15-20 years though.
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #735
Maxx☢Power
BANNED
 
Maxx☢Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 387
Likes (Received): 3

When I drove the E6 about a month ago there were only a few short non-motorway stretches and from what I could see they were all under construction. Some of the stretches I did drive on didn't even have lane markings yet, just lots of fresh, black asphalt. I was a little surprised they'd opened it up before adding the markings and it felt a bit odd to drive on.

Re. the lighting, most of the E6 in SE is pitch black at night except when going through/passing by cities and intersections. The only thing to guide you is the lane markings and the occasional backlight of a vehicle in front of you.
Maxx☢Power no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #736
BWG95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 83
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Re. the lighting, most of the E6 in SE is pitch black at night except when going through/passing by cities and intersections. The only thing to guide you is the lane markings and the occasional backlight of a vehicle in front of you.
Don't forget the reflex posts on both side of the driveway. And you also have your own headlights a guidance
BWG95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #737
BWG95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 83
Likes (Received): 5

Anyway, does anyone know the opening date of E18 Enköping-Sagån? It's soon right?
BWG95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #738
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Construction planning of the remaining sections of E22 Malmö - Kristianstad in southern Sweden.

Two sections have recently commenced construction, together 22,5 kilometer long. The section in between will be upgraded to motorway between 2012 and 2014, and the easternmost section will commence in 2013 with a completion in 2016.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #739
Shifty2k5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 535
Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Construction planning of the remaining sections of E22 Malmö - Kristianstad in southern Sweden.

Two sections have recently commenced construction, together 22,5 kilometer long. The section in between will be upgraded to motorway between 2012 and 2014, and the easternmost section will commence in 2013 with a completion in 2016.

Also Chris, E22 between Kristianstad and Sölvesborg (roughly, the thin line on the map) which is of 2+1 standard today, is currently under planning and is expected to be built to full motorway standards. The Norje bypass, the stretch between Sölve and Stensnäs has been approved and construction will start in 2011. And the E22 between Karlshamn and Karlskrona is of very high standards with overpasses and ramps, so it looks like were finally getting a new trunk road of quality in the southern parts of Sweden. Which is nice of course!

And also

Looks like förbifart stockholm will be built after all

Last edited by Shifty2k5; September 20th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #740
BWG95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Uppsala
Posts: 83
Likes (Received): 5

Yes it will, since the right parties won the election esterday
BWG95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium