daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1741
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Some haulage contractors think its too much and they say they will not use the bridge. Now the authorities of Motala (my old hometown) will rebuild the thoroughfare of central Motala to make it narrower so traffic will have to use the bridge instead.
100SEK doesn't sound that high to me, but I'm not in the biz so I wouldn't know their cost levels.
Re-designing the old main thoroughfare so it becomes a city street makes now that the thoroughfare-function will disappear makes perfect sense to me no matter if the bridge has a toll or not. The point of building the bridge is getting rid of a lot of traffic through the core of the town, so changing the old thoroughfare to become a nice street instead is great!
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1742
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Some haulage contractors think its too much and they say they will not use the bridge. Now the authorities of Motala (my old hometown) will rebuild the thoroughfare of central Motala to make it narrower so traffic will have to use the bridge instead.
That's standard procedure in Austria although local traffic (= "Quellverkehr") is except from having to use the toll road. All through traffic MUST use it or face heavy fines.
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1743
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

How can they possibly tell who's local? Have a checkpoint and ask where you're going? Watch everyone who uses the toll-free route and if they don't stop in the town, they're in trouble?...

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1744
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
How can they possibly tell who's local? Have a checkpoint and ask where you're going? Watch everyone who uses the toll-free route and if they don't stop in the town, they're in trouble?...
I guess they might put up these

with the text "Gäller genomfart" (applies to through-traffic) or make the entire Storgatan stretch into a 30 km/h road with speed bumps. Probably both
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1745
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

E4 Stockholm bypass

A video of Stockholm Bypass, which is mostly underground (18 out of 21 kilometers is underground). The new tunnel will feature 2x3 lanes.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

javimix19, dj4life liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1746
Stahlsturm

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Well, you can tell the county an Austrian Plate is registered so the police would know local plates for starters. Traffic from other regions of Austria and from other countries can also easily be identified by their plates (even if they may have a legit reason to drive there) and would be subject to being stopped and questioned. They do that randomly.
Stahlsturm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #1747
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
Well, you can tell the county an Austrian Plate is registered so the police would know local plates for starters. Traffic from other regions of Austria and from other countries can also easily be identified by their plates (even if they may have a legit reason to drive there) and would be subject to being stopped and questioned. They do that randomly.
Hard to do in Sweden since so many of the trucks are registered in Sweden (at least the ones I see here in Stockholm, might be different in Motala) and since Swedish plates don't identify where the cars are from.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1748
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

[QUOTE=ChrisZwolle;107192996]A video of Stockholm Bypass, which is mostly underground (18 out of 21 kilometers is underground). The new tunnel will feature 2x3 lanes.

Impressive. This is the map of the new bypass.

MichiH, dj4life liked this post
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1749
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlsturm View Post
That's sort of my point. Maybe Mr. Stranger just wants to see the town or whatever. Any member of the public should have a right to be in any public place, it seems to me.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1750
riiga

Norra länken will open one year ahead of schedule and cost roughly 2 billion SEK less than expected. The opening will be in December next year.

Article in Swedish: http://www.dn.se/sthlm/norra-lanken-...e-an-planerat/
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1751
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Experimenting what?

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0557.jpg by jeroenvanlieshout, on Flickr
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1752
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 173

It's an amusement hall with focus on natural science experiments and aimed towards children, similar to Experimentarium in Copenhagen. Has nothing to do with road traffic whatsoever.

http://www.tomtit.se/
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1753
Autobahnftw

Likes (Received): 7

Hello, i have seen that there are works with E4 around Frösunda. Here is a video that shows that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k3znuKa-8

I just wonder what they are going to do. I cant find the project on trafikverkets website
Autobahnftw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1754
riiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahnftw View Post
Hello, i have seen that there are works with E4 around Frösunda. Here is a video that shows that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k3znuKa-8

I just wonder what they are going to do. I cant find the project on trafikverkets website
I think they're redoing the median and putting up new lights.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1755
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahnftw View Post

http://www.trafikverket.se/Privat/Pr...NorrtullKista/

Widening works and new median and lightning.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1756
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Experimenting what?

image hosted on flickr

Sounds like a type of bird....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1757
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Experimenting what?

image hosted on flickr

Sounds naughty, doesn't it?
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM   #1758
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 927

Lol. That could've been avoided if Sweden spelt "experiment" the way we do in Norw. and Danish. Now it just looks like an English sign, with mulitple interpretations available :P

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:45 AM   #1759
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

LOL. I remember laughing quite much when hearing the title of that experimentarium for the first time.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:33 PM   #1760
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

9 kilometres of new motorway on the E18 between Hjulsta and Kista in Stockholm opened today:

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/...ar-for-nya-e18
http://www.trafikverket.se/Privat/Pr...en-for-trafik/

dj4life liked this post
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote