daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #1881
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

How many kilometars of motorways does Sweden has ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1882
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle_sg View Post
The government wants to complete a full motorway ring around Stockholm and just promised 2 bln SEK for that purpose. The Eastern Connection (Östliga förbindelsen, previously planned as Österleden) is to be in form of a tunnel between the Northern Link and Southern Link.

http://www.dn.se/sthlm/miljarder-sat...l-i-stockholm/
And we just cancelled Ring II and Central tunnel and maybe even inner ring (Hakamäentie) spurs... Sweden must be proud that Greens have not been in any government and don't have a support of 25% in the capital.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #1883
Shifty2k5

Likes (Received): 157

How come Rotebroleden (http://www.trafikverket.se/Privat/Pr...ket---Rotebro/) isn't mentioned at all In that list? Or am I missing something? Seems strange. After all construction should start soon AFAIK.
Shifty2k5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #1884
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

It's a county road projekt, not national.
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #1885
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2638

Video tour of my most used motorway, Vellinge - Malmö is concrete as can be seen here.

Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 09:53 PM   #1886
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Going to Öland soon, will drive this road.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 03:15 AM   #1887
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror's Edge View Post
Video tour of my most used motorway, Vellinge - Malmö is concrete as can be seen here.
Nice video, but through Malmo and only two SAAB on the road? Terrible
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:01 PM   #1888
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

To sum up my roadtrip to Stockholm this easter.

On our way up to Stockholm on thursday, traffic was dense between Linköping-Norrköping, a bit more cars than usual due to some roadwork.

On our way home there were congestions and queues. Traffic on the E4 south of Skärholmen (Stockholm) had almost completely stopped.

We drove off at Hallunda and decided to take the old sideroad to Södertälje to avoid the standstill on the E4 but it didnt take long until we were stuck in traffic on that sideroad too.
Not only we had come up with the idea to take that alternative route.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #1889
FloatingSzczecin
SIZE DOES MATTER

Likes (Received): 1387

Szczecin/Poland - Installation section of the bridge being built for Sweden/Sundsvall:

Old April 30th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #1890
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Toll on the Motala bridge

There will be a toll on crossing the newly built rv 50 bridge in Motala. The new agreement with Trafikverket was signed today and fees will be collected starting on the 1st of January 2015 assuming they've worked out a way to collect toll from foreign vehicles too. The charge is 5 SEK (0,55 €) for cars and 11 SEK (1,21 €) for lorries/trucks, significantly lower than the proposed 10 SEK for cars/100 SEK for lorries.

Source in the local newspaper (Swedish)
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #1891
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Not a good way to promote the new bypass route
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #1892
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Not a good way to promote the new bypass route
Hmm......well, like it or not, transport infrastructure costs money. Someone has to foot the bill.
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:10 PM   #1893
ChrisZwolle
Road user

There is no precedent to such toll roads in Sweden. Roads in Sweden are toll free, except for the congestion charges in Stockholm and Göteborg. The Motala Bridge is a bit of an outlier in that aspect.

I assume they want to introduce all-electronic tolling? I doubt if it is worthwhile to pursue tolls by foreign drivers. The amount of foreign drivers on that link is likely very low. For example the share of foreign cars & trucks in the Netherlands is only 2.5% and it is likely lower in Sweden.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:16 PM   #1894
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Hmm......well, like it or not, transport infrastructure costs money. Someone has to foot the bill.
Ohh yeah your right, maybe the worlds highest taxes could pay for that?

Sweden have very high tax on gas, 25% VAT is even drawn on the high gas tax(tax on tax baby), then there is a vehicle registration tax.
Very little of all the car-taxes actually go back to roads, put simply, Swedish drivers are getting f**ked up good by the state.
Now even more with tolls and congestions charges on top of extreme taxes.

čarli liked this post

Last edited by Mirror's Edge; May 2nd, 2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 07:12 PM   #1895
Blackraven

Quote:
There is no precedent to such toll roads in Sweden. Roads in Sweden are toll free, except for the congestion charges in Stockholm and Göteborg. The Motala Bridge is a bit of an outlier in that aspect.

I assume they want to introduce all-electronic tolling? I doubt if it is worthwhile to pursue tolls by foreign drivers. The amount of foreign drivers on that link is likely very low. For example the share of foreign cars & trucks in the Netherlands is only 2.5% and it is likely lower in Sweden.
Hmm.......interesting.

Question though: In the case of Sweden, what is the percentage of road infrastructure that was funded by government/public sector?

And what is the percentage that is funded by the private sector?

I guess that's an important question to ask then......because if it's funded by government/public sector, then yeah there shouldn't be any tolls or charges (since taxes pay for that, correct?)

But if it's built using private sector (i.e. no cost to the government or taxpayers), then I guess tolls can be justified in this case.

The determinant is well yeah: Who is the one that is funding it....
Old May 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM   #1896
ChrisZwolle
Road user

As far as I know only the Øresund Bridge between Sweden and Denmark is a private concession. All other roads are funded through taxes. Swedish taxes are among the highest in the world.

In most European countries, motorists pay much more taxes than is invested in the road network. I don't know the figures for Sweden, but for example in the Netherlands the amount of direct taxes (excluding VAT) on owning and driving a car is about 4 times that of the nationwide road budget.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:37 PM   #1897
Blackraven

Quote:
As far as I know only the Øresund Bridge between Sweden and Denmark is a private concession. All other roads are funded through taxes. Swedish taxes are among the highest in the world.

In most European countries, motorists pay much more taxes than is invested in the road network. I don't know the figures for Sweden, but for example in the Netherlands the amount of direct taxes (excluding VAT) on owning and driving a car is about 4 times that of the nationwide road budget.
Hmm.......now that you mention it, all I have to say is wow. I guess a lot of EU governments are discouraging or limiting the number of cars on the road through the use of high taxes and fees.

Did I understand it correctly?

P.S.
With that in mind, I wonder how Volvo Cars A.B. feels about this and how this affects the domestic market for their vehicles (amidst all these high taxes, restrictions and fees like Stockholm Congestion Charge)
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #1898
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Hmm.......now that you mention it, all I have to say is wow. I guess a lot of EU governments are discouraging or limiting the number of cars on the road through the use of high taxes and fees.
A new vehicle tax will be introduced in 2015. This tax will be benefit the owners of fuel efficient cars.

The new vehicle taxation will be introduced in 2015 if approved, will have a breakpoint of 120 grams of carbon dioxide per km and a weight of 1 372 kg - which is the average weight of new cars.

Cars which deviate from this breakpoint will be rewarded or punished by 375 SEK (57 $) for each gram.

This means that a car of medium weight that emits 200 grams of carbon dioxide will be penalized by 30 000 SEK (4594 $) For example, a Volvo V70 T6.
At the same time, the cars with zero emissions, such as electric cars are to be given a bonus of 45 000SEK (6892 $)
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:45 PM   #1899
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Taxes on gas/cars have nothing to do with the environment, it is however by far the easiest way to retrieve enormous amounts of wealth from the ppl.
Quote:
"you don't wanna pay, then don't drive"
And that's why more young ppl in Sweden have flown across the world to Thailand(spewing insane amounts of CO2 on the way) then visited Scania, Öland or Lappland for example. Many have not been far at all, it's crazy.

Of course life in the vast backwoods of Sweden is dead or dieing because of the taxes, but nobody actually cares about that.
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1900
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Roadwork going on outside Linköping resulting in queues. A layer of asphalt is put on a roundabout.

The trip Linghem-Linköping took at least 15 min of additional time.