daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Seattle

Old September 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #721
Seattlelife

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
I hope so!!!

Guess what? I don't know what this project is called but it is located on Stoneway (huge hole across 7-11 station). That project was on hold for few years and it just started construction! Finally!!! I live really close to that site and I am tired of looking at that big hole and wondering when will they finish it... Now this huge hole will be gone for good!
Sweet. That was/is a huge hole! It probably looked worse because it was on a hill too. What exactly will it be?

Sonicsgate, a must see! Just click and watch.
http://www.sonicsgate.org/
Seattlelife no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #722
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjonlin View Post
Sweet the old QFC project? Any idea if there will be a QFC in it, especially now that the one on 45th is expanding?
I think QFC is still planning to open a new store there even there one in Wallingford is expanding. I saw QFC sign on that site so it is seen like they are still going to open a new store there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
If I recall correctly, the neighbors objected to the parking scheme planned for the QFC several iterations ago and QFC eventually pulled the plug on being part of the building.

That said, I think there are smaller retail spaces planned, just nothing with the parking or loading requirement of a grocery. Too bad; it'd be nice to have a good grocery store in lower Wallingford.
I don't know if that is true but my understanding that QFC already own this property and might still planning to open a new store there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlelife View Post
Sweet. That was/is a huge hole! It probably looked worse because it was on a hill too. What exactly will it be?
It will be five stories apartment building with retail spaces (possible new QFC store).

I haven't see any rendering of this new building yet. Anyone have the rendering for this building?
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #723
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
I think QFC is still planning to open a new store there even there one in Wallingford is expanding. I saw QFC sign on that site so it is seen like they are still going to open a new store there anyway.

I don't know if that is true but my understanding that QFC already own this property and might still planning to open a new store there.

It will be five stories apartment building with retail spaces (possible new QFC store).

I haven't see any rendering of this new building yet. Anyone have the rendering for this building?

http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/AppDocs/G...endaID2492.pdf
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #724
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderGrad View Post
Wow! It is much better than I expected! It is nice improvement for Stoneway. That street is desperately need to be redeveloped.

Thanks for the link!
Old September 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #725
alexjonlin

Likes (Received): 166

Wow that looks really nice! And it looks like they definitely are planning for a QFC there, given the extra tall retail on the ground floor. I hope more buildings like that will develop along Stone Way! (And, actually, everywhere)
alexjonlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #726
SteveM

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjonlin View Post
Wow that looks really nice! And it looks like they definitely are planning for a QFC there, given the extra tall retail on the ground floor. I hope more buildings like that will develop along Stone Way! (And, actually, everywhere)
For what it's worth, I think this article: http://smarterneighbors.com/2008/02/...grocery-store/ is why I thought the QFC wasn't going in.

And yeah, that looks nicer than the average 4-story mixed use building. That said, it doesn't look to me like there's loading space for a full-service grocery store. I'd love to be wrong, of course.
SteveM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:23 AM   #727
BoulderGrad

Crazy, what sort of equipment was there?

I only ask because theres another big empty lot across the street from my apartment that has plans for development that have been stalled because of the economy. And several times I have seen work crews come and go with drilling equipment. My immediate reaction was always "oh yay! they're finally starting work!" only to be disappointed to see that it was gone the next day (I'm guessing it was just soil testing).

In searching for any news of the imminent start of this project, I stumbled on this article about home owners near by, who's gardens are starting to collapse:

http://www.qanrg.org/stonewayqfc.html

Are we sure they aren't just shoring up the wall?
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:18 AM   #728
mhays
Journeyman

Likes (Received): 404

Not knowing anything about the project status, I think you're probably right about shoring the wall.
mhays no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #729
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
For what it's worth, I think this article: http://smarterneighbors.com/2008/02/...grocery-store/ is why I thought the QFC wasn't going in.

And yeah, that looks nicer than the average 4-story mixed use building. That said, it doesn't look to me like there's loading space for a full-service grocery store. I'd love to be wrong, of course.
That is very disappointing!!! I was very excited to have new QFC near my home so I don't have to make some trips to QFC in Wallingford or Fred Meyers in Ballard. I like PCC but they don't have everything what I need and some of their grocies are little pricy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderGrad View Post
Crazy, what sort of equipment was there?

I only ask because theres another big empty lot across the street from my apartment that has plans for development that have been stalled because of the economy. And several times I have seen work crews come and go with drilling equipment. My immediate reaction was always "oh yay! they're finally starting work!" only to be disappointed to see that it was gone the next day (I'm guessing it was just soil testing).

Are we sure they aren't just shoring up the wall?
Last time I saw, they were digging the hole (three of them), and around a dozen of construction workers, and some supplies (I don't know what they are since they are wrapped). I don't know if they're just shoring the wall. I never see anything to shore up the wall that required big digging before. I remember last December (or November?) it was announced on Seattle Times that construction supposed to start last December but nothing happened until now. We have to wait and see if Stoneway Village really going to get built. I will keep my eye on that site and keep you guys updated.
Old September 30th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #730
CrazyAboutCities

BoulderGrad, it is looking like you're right about shoring up the wall. I just saw that site and they are working on the walls and did some digging. I hope once they fix the wall and start build Stoneway Village.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM   #731
Vashon118
Bus & ferry dude

Likes (Received): 413

The demo equipment is gone from the 3rd & Battery site. Didn't see anything that indicated construction would be starting soon.

Quote:
I think it might become another parking lot for developer to collect cash until they're ready to start construction.
I looked at the DPD site and didn't see any proposals for use as a parking lot.
Vashon118 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #732
Vashon118
Bus & ferry dude

Looks like construction on Link (apartment complex in West Seattle) could be starting soon.

http://westseattleblog.com/blog/?p=21267
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:29 AM   #733
WESTSEATTLEGUY
Here

Likes (Received): 14

^West Seattle has had some other projects recently break ground. Like the condo complex between PCC and Lafayette Elementary and another town-home development in North Admiral. Along with this news, the new groundbreakings, and the opening of the new QFC/mid rise development shows signs that West Seattle is getting back on track.
WESTSEATTLEGUY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #734
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 277

It would be interesting to see an overhead map highlighting where all the development is coming in.
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #735
Vashon118
Bus & ferry dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTSEATTLEGUY View Post
^West Seattle has had some other projects recently break ground. Like the condo complex between PCC and Lafayette Elementary and another town-home development in North Admiral. Along with this news, the new groundbreakings, and the opening of the new QFC/mid rise development shows signs that West Seattle is getting back on track.
Hopefully the 2 stalled projects (Fauntleroy Place and Avalon Apts) get finished, but I suspect neither will restart anytime soon.
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #736
CrazyAboutCities

I saw two or three new land action signs went up along Dexter Ave today. I am not sure when it went up but anyone familiar with these new projects planned for Dexter?
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #737
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 277

Where were they? Several have been there for a while (Dexter and Aloha).
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #738
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityView Jim View Post
Where were they? Several have been there for a while (Dexter and Aloha).
Yes but I just recognized a several new ones along Dexter but I don't know how long it been there but obvious new signs. It was posted on streetlights not on fence or ground. One near Dexter Apartment, I didn't pay attention which intersection two new signs are at. I will get closer look to them next time I on Dexter.
Old October 9th, 2009, 04:38 AM   #739
BoulderGrad

I'm seeing 2 recent ones:

901 Dexter (9/16/09)
http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/AppDocs/G...endaID2802.pdf

717 Dexter (8/5/09)
http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/AppDocs/G...endaID2762.pdf
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #740
WESTSEATTLEGUY
Here

Likes (Received): 14

Speaking of Dexter Ave, any news on 1101 Dexter?

For Us visual people:
WESTSEATTLEGUY no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
apartment, downtown, seattle