daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #241
cristof

Likes (Received): 69

new park is amazing what was it before...old railroad yard?
cristof no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #242
willo
Me&Me

Likes (Received): 13

a highway, now underground
willo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #243
wapo5050

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristof View Post
new park is amazing what was it before...old railroad yard?
[IMG]http://t3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvy7qv2XPo-JLKAhzxRwzTLtMqNLgvdpRWGFrZLf5Ij2X9pF2jxA&t=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7V2ZjTx4bEeXjPPqtLLJwp6WAsUkGMVdalxJ774bUbihiP7_H&t=1[/IMG]

Old March 19th, 2011, 01:46 AM   #244
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

Thanks for your old pictures of the place Wapo.

This is the new cultural center by the river.

There are many old buildings that are being restaured, some of them are finished and others will be along this year.

There´s a theatre, a place to read, to play ping-pong...and many more things.

La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #245
Suffice

Likes (Received): 3

^ Absolutely love this aesthetic! Something similar could and should happen to Los Angeles and the LA River (I'm from LA).
Suffice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #246
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffice View Post
^ Absolutely love this aesthetic! Something similar could and should happen to Los Angeles and the LA River (I'm from LA).
Is there any project in Los Angeles Suffice?

Here there´re more pictures.

Pictures of Matadero Madrid the new art center of the city which is in the south near Legazpi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setrakso View Post

image hosted on flickr

Quote:
Pues a mí el nombre de MATADERO MADRID me parece una genialidad la verdad. Junto con el acertadísimo diseño y demás:

image hosted on flickr

Quote:
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Madrid: 3 top world class museums, 300 kms of underground for 1,20 euros, a new airport terminal of 1 km long by Richard Rogers, the city where more companies are created in Spain and which gets 70% of foreign investments for Spain, the biggest gay pride of Europe, the perfect city to learn Spanish, a new park of 6 kms along the river Manzanares, 4 skyscrapers of 250 mtrs, some excellent museums and...in the future a new avenue of three kms with more than ten skyscrapers of 250 and 300 mters...and soon Eurovegas!
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #247
Suffice

Wow!

Nothing comes even close to this in Los Angeles. You might have small pockets of similar spaces here and there, but nothing on this scale.

Adaptable re-use has not really picked up in LA like in some other cities with huge areas of abandoned industrial space. The only major thing I can cite is "The Brewery" Art Colony, but it's more of a residential project and is not open to the public.

Can't wait to go back to Spain in August
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #248
madridhere

Quote:
Wow!

Nothing comes even close to this in Los Angeles. You might have small pockets of similar spaces here and there, but nothing on this scale.

Adaptable re-use has not really picked up in LA like in some other cities with huge areas of abandoned industrial space. The only major thing I can cite is "The Brewery" Art Colony, but it's more of a residential project and is not open to the public.

Can't wait to go back to Spain in August
It´s curious, everybody thinks that the USA are full of places like this everywhere...

"The Brewery" is a residential area for artists?

If you come in august there´ll be more buildings of this project open to the public...I´ll try to find out the information for you Suffice. The whole project will be finished along 2011 so every two months or so they´ll open a new building (a library, an exhibition space, a place for desing, for computers...)

The new park along the river´ll be completely finished in April 15 th after many years.

I love industrial spaces recicled too.
La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Last edited by madridhere; March 25th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #249
madridhere

Pictures by Tintoretto of the new park along river Manzanares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintoretto View Post
A mí me ha parecido fascinante, una obra maestra. Seguro que pronto veremos uno más grande pero igual en China.

Unas fotos de esa joya barroca que es el puente de Toledo:

Old March 28th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #250
Suffice

I would love some more information, thank you.

About the riverside park - looks fabulous, but the lack of greenery is depression. I imagine it will look x100 better in the summer
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #251
zazo,
Zeit

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:

About the riverside park - looks fabulous, but the lack of greenery is depression. I imagine it will look x100 better in the summer
In a month more or less, spring arrives to Europe actually, so, trees come green, and grass grows all over the territory.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #252
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member

Likes (Received): 2494

Grass is totally green now, it only turns yellow during 2 or 3 summer months here in Madrid.

There's a lot of greenery but now the trees are too small, we have to wait some years.
In the summer it will be better, trees will be green -now the trees hasn't leafs because of the winter- and also the grass (there is irrigation in all the Madrid city parks).
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #253
JAVICUENCA

In many places the grass is still growing and will be green in some weeks, and some things have to be finished in one month.

FOr example the left part of the first picture has to be planted and the grass around the stars at the right has to grow.
So it´ll only improve in a little time. Nothing after years of construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridhere View Post
Preciosas fotos, m3c.

Algunas fotillos del sitio.

En algunas fotos alrededor de las estrellas falta que salga el césped, y también en la margen izquierda del río falta que lo acaben, pero aun así, se ve lo principal de la obra y la enorme mejora de la zona y la ciudad.

Yo creo que con esta obra se cambia el concepto de Madrid como ciudad.

La llamada playa de Madrid en obras.

La zona del palacio.

La zona del invernadero y el matadero.

Madrid: 3 top world class museums, 300 kms of underground for 1,20 euros, a new airport terminal of 1 km long by Richard Rogers, the city where more companies are created in Spain and which gets 70% of foreign investments for Spain, the biggest gay pride of Europe, the perfect city to learn Spanish, a new park of 6 kms along the river Manzanares, 4 skyscrapers of 250 mtrs, some excellent museums and...in the future a new avenue of three kms with more than ten skyscrapers of 250 and 300 mters...and soon Eurovegas!
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #254
rodilla.bru

Likes (Received): 0

It's amazing. I hope citizens and autorities will take care properly for the joy of madrileños and visitors. Definetly need to go there soon to see with my own eyes. Congratulations, Madrid and enjoy.
rodilla.bru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM   #255
madridhere

Quote:

Where it´s finished is has lot of green Suffice.

I´ll try to look for the information.

For example this area is almost finished.

Last edited by madridhere; April 1st, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:56 PM   #256
ParisNYC

Madridhere than you very much to share the images of Madrid rio, this project is fantastic. You should include in this thread the pictures from the newly renovated Town hall you have posted in the Spanish Forum, they are amazing! Bravo
ParisNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM   #257
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisNYC View Post
Madridhere than you very much to share the images of Madrid rio, this project is fantastic. You should include in this thread the pictures from the newly renovated Town hall you have posted in the Spanish Forum, they are amazing! Bravo
Thanks Parisnyc.

Here they are.

La plataforma.

La entrada.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:47 PM   #258
ParisNYC

The Town Hall in Cibeles is really amazing! thank again for sharing your pics, Madridhere> I am amazed by the way the city is changing.

Do you have pictures of the Atocha station new arrivals terminal?
ParisNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #259
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisNYC View Post
The Town Hall in Cibeles is really amazing! thank again for sharing your pics, Madridhere> I am amazed by the way the city is changing.

Do you have pictures of the Atocha station new arrivals terminal?
Thanks ParisNY for your enthusiasm.

The park is getting greener.

I think I have some pictures of the new place for arrivals at Atocha station.

Old April 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #260
JAVICUENCA

Splendid!!

Tags
madrid, spain in the world