daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #261
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

Carajo- esta parque es muy bonita!

Last edited by Bricken Ridge; April 7th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #262
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Are these pictures real or just renders? amazing i love it and planning is just superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridhere View Post
Thanks ParisNY for your enthusiasm.

The park is getting greener.

I think I have some pictures of the new place for arrivals at Atocha station.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #263
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVICUENCA View Post
Splendid!!
Thanks Javi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricken Ridge View Post
Carajo- esta parque es muy bonita!
Gracias, me alegro de que te guste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
Are these pictures real or just renders? amazing i love it and planning is just superb
Thanks God they´re real, not renders.

This is another part of the park, Paseo de Extremadura.

A picture of the town hall website.

La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)

Last edited by madridhere; April 9th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #264
ParisNYC

Likes (Received): 0

It seems like his project is radically changing this part of Madrid and the "relationship' the city had until now with the river. I am convinced the transformation will be even deeper in a few years -especially the neighborhoods around the river. Bravo for this fantastic project! I hope to visit Madrid very soon!!
ParisNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #265
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisNYC View Post
It seems like his project is radically changing this part of Madrid and the "relationship' the city had until now with the river. I am convinced the transformation will be even deeper in a few years -especially the neighborhoods around the river. Bravo for this fantastic project! I hope to visit Madrid very soon!!
I think this project has changed the concept of Madrid as a city.

On Friday it´ll be inaugurated the last park of the park. It´ll have some fountains. I´ll post pictures.Trees are growing now.

La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Old April 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #266
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Simply great. You see it and you want to be there.Thanks again.
Madrid: 3 top world class museums, 300 kms of underground for 1,20 euros, a new airport terminal of 1 km long by Richard Rogers, the city where more companies are created in Spain and which gets 70% of foreign investments for Spain, the biggest gay pride of Europe, the perfect city to learn Spanish, a new park of 6 kms along the river Manzanares, 4 skyscrapers of 250 mtrs, some excellent museums and...in the future a new avenue of three kms with more than ten skyscrapers of 250 and 300 mters...and soon Eurovegas!
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #267
LoveAgent.
Need new name...

Likes (Received): 259

That's great how Madrid is investing in public space. Other cities in Europe should take from this an example
LoveAgent. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #268
NesC

Likes (Received): 67

LOVE IT!
NesC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #269
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVICUENCA View Post
Simply great. You see it and you want to be there.Thanks again.
It´s true, it´s wonderful to walk there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAgent. View Post
That's great how Madrid is investing in public space. Other cities in Europe should take from this an example
Thanks Love. It´s really a good amount of money what has been invested but I think it´s totally worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesC View Post
LOVE IT!
Thanks Nesc

Another part of the park has been opened yesterday.

Old April 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #270
ParisNYC

Madridhere, congrats for the great pictures! Madrid, congrats for the BEAUTIFUL new Park! It is such a luxury to have such an amazing public park in the center of a big metropolis!

Could anyone post recent pictures of other recent projects in Madrid? Atocha station new terminal? Plaza opera? Conde Duque?
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #271
Ize loob
9peNe

Likes (Received): 134

nice pics!! i love the simpliness and the quality of the "constructions" (sorry of my english jaja). A really enjoyable place for the people.
Spanish spirit and tradition, Parisian class, personality and politics of San Francisco. Amsterdam's color, the artistic flair and diversity of New York, the bohemian attitude of California's Venice Beach, and the nightlife of Buenos Aires, but with the history of Rome. Now, add a creative industry which rivals Scandinavia in design and Milan in fashion. And finally, bless it with a Mediterranean climate and healthy, delicious cuisine, beautiful beaches and mountains, and an unparalleled architectural legacy. This is Barcelona
Ize loob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:26 AM   #272
madridhere

Quote:
Madridhere, congrats for the great pictures! Madrid, congrats for the BEAUTIFUL new Park! It is such a luxury to have such an amazing public park in the center of a big metropolis!

Could anyone post recent pictures of other recent projects in Madrid? Atocha station new terminal? Plaza opera? Conde Duque?
Thanks Paris. I have some pictures of the new part of Atocha station of high speed trains. But maybe I can get more of the extention that they´re making now and the other projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ize loob View Post
nice pics!! i love the simpliness and the quality of the "constructions" (sorry of my english jaja). A really enjoyable place for the people.
Thanks Izo

Last edited by madridhere; April 17th, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #273
madridhere

Quote:
Thanks Paris. I have some pictures of the new part of Atocha station of high speed trains. But maybe I can get more of the extention that they´re making now and the other projects.

Thanks Izo. You´re english is perfect to understand what you mean.

Here you can take the high speed trains to Valencia, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valladolid, Toledo, Cuenca, etc.

Old April 17th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #274
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14078

Amazing city!!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #275
ParisNYC

Thanks Madridhere! you always post the best pictures. The new terminal looks great but it seems like it is not finished yet. is this the case?

I am looking forward to seeing more picture of all the great new projects from Madrid!
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #276
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Gracias, me alegro de que te guste.

De nada caballero. Una ciudad me encanta siempre.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:34 AM   #277
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrax View Post
Amazing city!!
Thanks Skytrax

Quote:
Thanks Madridhere! you always post the best pictures. The new terminal looks great but it seems like it is not finished yet. is this the case?

I am looking forward to seeing more picture of all the great new projects from Madrid!
Yes, the new terminal is under construction, but that part is finished already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricken Ridge View Post
De nada caballero. Una ciudad me encanta siempre.
Me alegro. Ven cuando quieras, seguro que lo pasas bien.

Some more things:

A picture from Madridiario. The brown areas will have grass grown in some weeks.This is more or less the middle of the 5 kms of the park. In the north there is the arena Vicente Calderón and in the south Legazpi.

Last edited by madridhere; April 22nd, 2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:48 PM   #278
Duomot
losing track of time

Likes (Received): 202

^
Wonderful photos, thank you!
Duomot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #279
Dante_1
walking in the dark

Likes (Received): 1034

Amazing city,as usual.I love it
Dante_1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #280
madridhere

Thanks, Dante.

This is the project of Atocha qhere you can see the place for arrivals of trains (llegadas) and for departures (salidas), like in the airports. I think there are few train stations in Europe with that difference. That part is already finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solchante View Post

Tags
madrid, spain in the world