daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 10th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #421
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10290

I live 5 minutes away from the Gran Via construction project. If no one's planning on uploading more pics, I'll make the walk and snap some pics this upcoming week.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #422
Superpoderosa

Likes (Received): 22

It looks like Madrid wants to have it's own times square.
Superpoderosa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #423
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
I live 5 minutes away from the Gran Via construction project. If no one's planning on uploading more pics, I'll make the walk and snap some pics this upcoming week.
please!!! we will be really grateful
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #424
el palmesano
Roquetero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpoderosa View Post
It looks like Madrid wants to have it's own times square.
Not Madrid, Mr. Sands, because Madrid has it's own Time squere that is Callao square
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #425
k%
Pijże

Likes (Received): 19933

holy sh*t, that THING is disgusting ... not sure if Madrid would benefit from it ...
k% no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #426
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

That tower shouldn't be the one you worry about. There is a far worse one under construction
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #427
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by k% View Post
holy sh*t, that THING is disgusting ... not sure if Madrid would benefit from it ...

Don´t worry.

It´ll be in the outskirts of the city, in the west.

It´s something like Eurodisney in Paris.

YOu can visit or not, as you prefer.

Itçll be another face of the city and a big oportunity of busyness.

Relax and don´t suffer ...
Madrid: 3 top world class museums, 300 kms of underground for 1,20 euros, a new airport terminal of 1 km long by Richard Rogers, the city where more companies are created in Spain and which gets 70% of foreign investments for Spain, the biggest gay pride of Europe, the perfect city to learn Spanish, a new park of 6 kms along the river Manzanares, 4 skyscrapers of 250 mtrs, some excellent museums and...in the future a new avenue of three kms with more than ten skyscrapers of 250 and 300 mters...and soon Eurovegas!
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #428
el palmesano
Roquetero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
That tower shouldn't be the one you worry about. There is a far worse one under construction
the "cheese" tower you are talking about is not under construction, but I can't understand why you hate the design of the "palacio de congresos" so much...
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #429
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10290

Some pics from today that I quickly snapped. Sorry for the angle but I was on a 'Madrid de los Austrias' tour and sorry for the quality but my good camera got stolen on Gran Via a few days back so I'm on a cheap Nikon Coolpix :'(

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

geometarkv liked this post
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #430
el palmesano
Roquetero

don't you worry, the pictures are great! thanks for share!

Manitopiaaa liked this post
el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:14 AM   #431
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7648

Quote:
Housing in Tres Cantos / R&AS

Architects: R&AS
Architect In Charge: Ricardo Saldías Barreneche
Design Team: Carlos Rubio Carvajal, Enrique Álvarez-Sala
Technical Architects: Vicente Arenas Benitez, Pedro Valiente Bravo, Javier Sáenz Neira
Project Year: 2012
Photographs: Liven Photography
http://www.archdaily.com/334539/hous...es-cantos-ras/

geometarkv liked this post
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:51 PM   #432
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Thanks for your pictures.

Some pictures by Granatensis of the building at Gran Vía designed by Rafael de la Hoz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setrakso View Post
Ya podemos ver el resultado casi final, fotos de Granatensis en Urbanity.es

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Madrid: 3 top world class museums, 300 kms of underground for 1,20 euros, a new airport terminal of 1 km long by Richard Rogers, the city where more companies are created in Spain and which gets 70% of foreign investments for Spain, the biggest gay pride of Europe, the perfect city to learn Spanish, a new park of 6 kms along the river Manzanares, 4 skyscrapers of 250 mtrs, some excellent museums and...in the future a new avenue of three kms with more than ten skyscrapers of 250 and 300 mters...and soon Eurovegas!
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM   #433
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8170

Fantastic. Despite being a modern building it fits in pretty well. Great architecture.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #434
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

I agree, Greco.

This arquitect´s always very careful with the adjacent buildings.

He´s made the Telefónica H Q and Repsol H. Q.

He´s very good.

I love the third picture where the lines of the two buildings go together.

La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:28 PM   #435
k%
Pijże

Likes (Received): 19933

Love it !
k% no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #436
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58092

Looks quite brutalist... I'm not so sure about it. Could look quite wasted in some years already.

What was in its place before? I can't remember... I always had this street in mind as fully historical (is it Gran Via already?).

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:19 AM   #437
jumping_jack
midnight talker

Likes (Received): 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Looks quite brutalist... I'm not so sure about it. Could look quite wasted in some years already.

What was in its place before? I can't remember... I always had this street in mind as fully historical (is it Gran Via already?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by el palmesano View Post

(previous building and the first render)

erbse liked this post
jumping_jack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #438
el palmesano
Roquetero

translated with the Google translator

Quote:
Chinese investors interested in Madrid to locate a financial complex

A business-driven project has been interested Chinese investors in recent months by land localities Madrid Torrejon de Ardoz and Paracuellos de Jarama, northeast of the capital, had offered to host jointly Eurovegas draft.

Sources of Torrejón de Ardoz City Council have confirmed to Efe that the intermediary company locating in Spain responsible for possible locations visited macroproject land situated between the towns of both towns.

The visit, the sources said, was preceded by a request for information on the topography of the land for sale, as well as communications in the area.

Contact with Chinese investment group intermediaries prior to confirmation occurred Feb. 8 Alcorcón as project headquarters Eurovegas and Torrejón's candidacy and Paracuellos ruled out.

The larger project, which today reports the newspaper El Mundo, would be located in Torrejón and Paracuellos and include investments in the leisure sector, catering and industry, according to the sources, who claim not to have more detailed information on infrastructure or the main figures of the project.

"So far there have been only a request for information, a step that given by other investors interested in the land, but not enough to generate very high expectations, municipal sources added that belie a meeting on demand and confirmed with the group of Chinese businessmen.

From City of Paracuellos de Jarama, a spokesman told Efe that this is a "matter embryonic" around which "there is no obligation" or location "certain" of the land.

He explained that there are many companies that "consistently" interested in land in the municipality as a result of the joint bid that municipalities Paracuellos and Torrejon de Ardoz performed at Las Vegas Sands to host Eurovegas entertainment complex.

Then, these two municipalities Madrid offered a plot of ten million square meters near the airport of Barajas and Torrejon Air Base.

Paracuellos de Jarama, municipal spokesman insisted, is a town very well located and with lots of land, which has led to "contacts" with many business initiatives, "Chinese and non-Chinese."

He said did not know if the local mayor, Fernando Zurita Order, PP, has traveled in recent months to China to observe the Chinese government's support for investment in Madrid.

The Minister of Economy and Finance, Enrique Ossorio, said today that the regional government welcomes the possible implementation of a financial and industrial complex promoted by Chinese investors in the municipalities of Paracuellos de Jarama and Torrejón de Ardoz, northeast of the capital.

"For some time have appeared similar information, let's see if we already seem concrete very well," stated Ossorio following questions from journalists on this project, now advances to the newspaper El Mundo.

According to information released today by the newspaper, citing sources close to the negotiations, China's investment groups would be negotiating with the two councils, who once competed for the implementation of Eurovegas-to build a financial and industrial city which earmarked 18,000 million.

Ossorio explained that there is not surprised that Asian investors "who may be interested in Madrid" because the fiscal policies of the Community generate "confidence" and the elimination of obstacles and red tape "is getting that 70 percent of the foreign investment "is intended to Madrid.

In addition, the Minister has indicated that the law has created integrated development centers (CID)-approved last December-way in which to handle the complex Eurovegas Alcorcon, allows for "other projects Similar "employing this standard.

"We feel very good that there are investors from all over the world interested in Madrid" continued Ossorio, who has indicated he has seen reports in this direction for some time but does not know "personally" the project.

Of the total area of ​​land that the municipalities that had been offered to Las Vegas Sands, 80 percent belong to Paracuellos de Jarama and the remaining 20 percent to Torrejon de Ardoz in an area very close to motorway connections to the capital (M-50, A-2, M-45 and R-2).
In Spanish

Viva_Bulgaria liked this post

Last edited by el palmesano; February 26th, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #439
Viva_Bulgaria
Proud to be a Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 3871

It will be great if that project materializes but from experience I would believe when I see it finished. It is a great idea to build some factories - I sincerely hope that the automotive assembly plant will be constructed. Damn, Europe needs industry, it was the source of its wealth and it is now foolishly being ignored. And if Spain really want to overcome the crisis and establish a truly stable and prosperous economy the Spanish government should think on that. Industry and technology must be a priority.
Viva_Bulgaria está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #440
Motorways

Likes (Received): 94

I don´t really like that new building in Gran Via. It´s just another dull grey building that could fix somewhere in the PAUs at the outskirts, but where it has been placed it´s just downgrading Madrid´s most charismatic avenue.
Motorways no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madrid, spain in the world