daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #41
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

The extention of Museo del Prado has been finished also this month. It´s a very discreet building by Moneo. It doesn´t want to compete with the old one but to integrate with the surroundings architecture. It´s by the church.

Inside, still with few pieces (thanks to Urban Dave):

Doors (thanks to Paco Paco):

La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by madridhere; November 17th, 2007 at 01:04 AM.
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #42
madridhere

An update of the four towers:

Thanks to Lau
La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Old November 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #43
madridhere

There are also interesting private homes like this one called Casa Levene en El Escorial, near the church (thanks to Tintoretto for these pix).

Thess ones are at Avenida Cardenal Herrera Oria:

The office and home of an architect:

This one reminds me of SIza:

Another house at the north of the city:

I wish I could be the owner, my God.

A public library at Usera:

ANother public library which used to be a factory of beer, that´s why it has those big cotainers:

Last edited by madridhere; December 1st, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old November 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #44
madridhere

The electric company Endesa´s headquarters (thanks to Jetairliner for his wonderful pix):

Old November 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #45
madridhere

Details of the new terminal of Barajas airport (thanks to Carretero of these excellent pix):

Obviously these pix were takn before the terminal was working.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by madridhere; December 1st, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #46
JAVICUENCA

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridhere View Post
Thanks for your comments, guys. Glad you like some or all of the projects.

Here there are some pix of Telefónica Headquarters taken by incredible TIntoretto. Thanks to him.

I have deleted the pix of Telefónica of a former post to avoid repeating as these ones are more recent and the building is practically finished.

Thanks for your pictures, Madridhere. This building is specially impressive. I love it!
JAVICUENCA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #47
JAVICUENCA

Repeated message deleted, sorry.
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #48
kenzo™

Likes (Received): 8

Two new office towers

[IMG]http://i19.************/71ousua.jpg[/IMG]
kenzo™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #49
kenzo™

Likes (Received): 8

New International convention center

[IMG]http://i8.************/6uoq61k.jpg[/IMG]

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9576/3pgk5.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9563/2pff7.jpg
kenzo™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #50
gonzo
Sent from down-below. :P

Likes (Received): 6

One thing I notice about Madrid is that there's a sharp contrast between buildings that are very beautiful/inspirational and those that are quite boring...there are surprisingly few buildings that are "average".

I wonder if anyone here agrees with this observation?
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM   #51
madridhere

New updates of Caixafórum, at Paseo del Prado 36.

Soon it will open its doors.

A new building for the Universidad COmplutense (Facultad de Medicina):

A new hotel besides the COngress:

Last edited by madridhere; December 1st, 2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM   #52
madridhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
One thing I notice about Madrid is that there's a sharp contrast between buildings that are very beautiful/inspirational and those that are quite boring...there are surprisingly few buildings that are "average".

Gonzo, in principle I don´t agree with you. What do yo mean exactly? Are you talking about any area in particular?

I would say this about Madrid: the center of the city (quite big, and many tourist don´t even know it completely) is mada of well constructed and nice buildings of the XIX century mainly.

Only in the north of the city, the quality of the buildings is less, specially from Castellana near Santiago Bernabeu arena to Plaza de Castilla, but that is a small part of this great street. ANd then again, the quality improves with the new four skyscrapers.

Maybe you are refering to the buildings around the skyscrapers, and then I would say: yes, that point is horrible, but precisely for that they are building these towers there.

To show you what I mean I´ll put three pictures of the center of Madrid:

[IMG]http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/actualizacionesmadrid1/?action=view&current=100_2620.jpg[IMG]

(thanks to mdet04 for this picture)

This is the typical flavour of Madrid.

If you have any questions just ask me.Have you ever been in Madrid?

Last edited by madridhere; December 1st, 2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM   #53
madridhere

[QUOTE=kenzo™;16565079]New International convention center

Kenzo, thanks for your image.

Old December 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM   #54
Bandini
_________

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I live in Madrid and I absolutely agree with you. There is a really big contrast between those pretty and imposing buildings and the horrible orange bricks/green awnings blocks that are, sadly, more common than the first ones. The "beautiful center" is only a small part of today's real/metropolitan area Madrid.
Bandini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM   #55
madridhere

Updates of an office I´ve showed before. It´s near Paseo de la Castellana, the biggest avenue in Madrid.The architect is Rafael de la Hoz, who also made Telefonica Headquarters. One of the best for my taste.

Old December 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #56
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Madrid is so beautiful and cosmopolitan. The architecture there is amazing. You guys are so lucky to live in such an perfect city.
Old December 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #57
JAVICUENCA

Thanks for your pix. DO yo have more please?

There are so many things going on now in Madrid...

SO much life in this city.
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #58
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member

Likes (Received): 2540

There are a tower of 30 floors (can be 140m. aprox.) approved. In february is the design....
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #59
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6410

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo™ View Post
Two new office towers

[IMG]http://i19.************/71ousua.jpg[/IMG]
Chamartin? So I suppose these two will be located close to the Cuatro Torres?
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #60
Pavlemadrid
Madrileñian member

Likes (Received): 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Chamartin? So I suppose these two will be located close to the Cuatro Torres?
Is.... mmm.... near (no very near) but isn't next to the Towers....
The Sun is next to the towers.... Operacion Chamartin is very near the towers....
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madrid, spain in the world