daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #121
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatan mendoza View Post
This bilding its going to be more big than the other ones in the back in the last picture????
Way bigger, the others will look like dwarfs next to this one

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #122
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

In this image I can´t find many similarities to this proyects, I still don´t understand why some people find them so similar, and what´s even better, the Trump is bigger also!!! (without counting the spire of the Burj Al Arab)

image hosted on flickr
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #123
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240912

Have a small similarity...
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:40 AM   #124
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Have a small similarity...
Exactly, "small", that´s what I think also
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #125
VIP
be.net/Hachege

Likes (Received): 39

Trump Ocean Club updates,
from www.trumpoceanclub.com

VIP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #126
VIP
be.net/Hachege

Likes (Received): 39

Updates, december 12th:
By PANASKY

VIP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #127
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240912

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
[B]
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM   #128
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

7 meters more than a supertall? A little spire would be enough.
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #129
radiant_city
Bisy Backson

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid View Post
Remind me of:

copycat!
I'm afraid that's the first thing I thought when I saw the initial illustrations, too. With all the design ideas out there, this was the best Trump could come up with? Is it supposed to be special just because it has his name on it?

He's had some notable buildings built-- but IMNTLBHO this one will be notable for all the wrong reasons.
radiant_city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 05:54 AM   #130
LoverOfDubai

Does anyone know what happened with the legal action that was to take place against the Newland International Properties Corporation?

This article says that Jumeirah Group (the owner/operator of the Burj Al Arab) threatened a lawsuit due to the design similarities.
LoverOfDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #131
radiant_city
Bisy Backson

A lawsuit? Boy, I'd love to see how that turns out. On the surface it's like suing an architect for designing another tall glass box, or a songwriter getting sued for writing a song based on your standard 12-bar blues-- but this design is rather close to that of the building designed to be Dubai's signature on the Persian Gulf-- its version of the Eiffel Tower. We shall see...
radiant_city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #132
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

That's old news, all of that has been ruled out, because there weren't strong bases for the lawsuit. This building will look amazing, and for me it'll be for the right reasons, it will look just beautifull and huge. The Panamenian version of the Eiffel Tower if you may call it like that.
Old December 17th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #133
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Iconic Dubai buildings 'protected by copyright'

A row over copying iconic building design, which last week caused a diplomatic fracas between India and Bangladesh, is unlikely to spill over to the UAE as most modern buildings are protected by copyright law, an expert has said.

Last week Bangladeshi film director, Ahsanullah Moni, unveiled an exact replica of India’s Taj Mahal, provoking fury from the Indian High Commission.

While the Indian High Commission claimed it was investigating a violation of copyright, Rob Deans, head of Intellectual Property at Clyde & Co in the UAE, said that iconic buildings in the UAE such as the Burj Al Arab are protected.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement

“The Burj Al Arab is copyright protected [and] will be for a good number of years,” he said adding that the protection covers most new buildings.

“You cannot copy it [the Burj Al Arab] in any form, you can’t copy it by constructing another building, by constructing replicas of any scale, and even taking photographs of the Burj Al Arab will be copyright infringement.”

Moni’s copy of the Taj Mahal, which cost around $62 million, is being built near the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka. It was reported that Moni imported marble and granite from Italy and diamonds from Belgium for the building.

Moni told the UK’s Times that his homage was built because most people living in Bangladesh, cannot afford to travel to India to see the real thing.

“Everyone dreams about seeing the Taj Mahal but very few Bangladeshis can make the trip because it's too expensive for them,” he said.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/54141...d-by-copyright
cyborg81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #134
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Drums View Post
In this image I can´t find many similarities to this proyects, I still don´t understand why some people find them so similar, and what´s even better, the Trump is bigger also!!! (without counting the spire of the Burj Al Arab)

image hosted on flickr
I have taken this pic in Montevideo

similar?
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #135
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

anyway it is a great project , got the brochure from the developer today, I like it.

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #136
Zicyx

Likes (Received): 7

Nice to see its placed in the middle of nowhere while this is the real situation:
Zicyx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #137
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg81 View Post
A row over copying iconic building design, which last week caused a diplomatic fracas between India and Bangladesh, is unlikely to spill over to the UAE as most modern buildings are protected by copyright law, an expert has said.

Last week Bangladeshi film director, Ahsanullah Moni, unveiled an exact replica of India’s Taj Mahal, provoking fury from the Indian High Commission.

While the Indian High Commission claimed it was investigating a violation of copyright, Rob Deans, head of Intellectual Property at Clyde & Co in the UAE, said that iconic buildings in the UAE such as the Burj Al Arab are protected.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement

“The Burj Al Arab is copyright protected [and] will be for a good number of years,” he said adding that the protection covers most new buildings.

“You cannot copy it [the Burj Al Arab] in any form, you can’t copy it by constructing another building, by constructing replicas of any scale, and even taking photographs of the Burj Al Arab will be copyright infringement.”

Moni’s copy of the Taj Mahal, which cost around $62 million, is being built near the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka. It was reported that Moni imported marble and granite from Italy and diamonds from Belgium for the building.

Moni told the UK’s Times that his homage was built because most people living in Bangladesh, cannot afford to travel to India to see the real thing.

“Everyone dreams about seeing the Taj Mahal but very few Bangladeshis can make the trip because it's too expensive for them,” he said.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/54141...d-by-copyright
This news proves that there are no copyright infringments, because if that were the case this building will be on hold and is going faster than never, they understood that both buildings were different.
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #138
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zicyx View Post
Nice to see its placed in the middle of nowhere while this is the real situation:
First of all the first image didn't show up, and second I don't know how many promoters draw all the buildings that surround or are near their projects, I think that wouldn't sell so much, (in my opinion), but ironically and opossed to what you thought, this building is one of the few projects I know that has some renders showing the sorrounding buildings silhouettes, here they are:

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #139
Archiffer
Guadalajara, Jalisco

el proyecto es bueno!! lo que no me gusta es que esta identico al ((BURJ AL ARAB)) en dubai....... pero vamos latinoamerica
Archiffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:27 AM   #140
Archiffer
Guadalajara, Jalisco

en realidad son idetocos.... malo
Archiffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote