daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2007, 01:59 AM   #61
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Here is the detailed way I did it:
I've chosen a height,at which most streets are visible(3,67km in this case).
Then I've made an imaginary grid. I took pics of the first part of the city(top left element). Then I kept about 3cm wide zone on the next image that is same on the image next to it(or above/below). When I had 8,I used the merger to check for errors. An error was when the image was not horizontally merged(see the bottom right corner? There is a huge error somewhere there,but since that part of the city was only needed because my merger needs equal number of images in every row/column in a matrix,I didnt correct it.). So if the 8 were good,I took an other row/column. And so on,until I got the final,13(row)*9(column) resolution.
i get the procedure, logical
what program did you use, canon merger? didn't heard about it...

btw... i'm looking topic over and over again, it really is amazing detailed and precise... respect for the work
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #62
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
i get the procedure, logical
what program did you use, canon merger? didn't heard about it...

btw... i'm looking topic over and over again, it really is amazing detailed and precise... respect for the work
No Canon gave it for my camera. ITs proper name is PhotoStitch.
RawLee está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #63
RawLee

Some internal shots,big thanks and credit to djnexi
07_12_03

07_09_17

07_10_27
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2966/resizeofdscf6144nf6.th.jpg[/img]

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/42/resizeofdscf6104xv1.th.jpg[/img]

07_10_26

Last edited by RawLee; August 17th, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: making post faster to load
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #64
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
No Canon gave it for my camera. ITs proper name is PhotoStitch.
tnx for instructions, i'll try to do that for Zagreb, and post it somewhere here when i'm finished
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #65
RawLee

Some photos from the blog of STR. Here they are:

Old December 12th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #66
brisbanite

Likes (Received): 454

Sensational effort RawLee! I would love to see photos of the national railway. I was in Budapest a couple of years ago and rode on one of those old metro cars and boy was it shaky and loud, but never got to see much of the national railways. Any shots would be greatly appreciated!
brisbanite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #67
RawLee

New pics from STR's blog:here they are:
Tétényi road

Népszínház street

Old December 12th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #68
RawLee

Here are the types of trams Budapest uses:

UV
The UV was present in the largest numbers on the streets of the city. Production started in 1955, 375 was manufactured. The name supposedly is the acronym of "új villamos",meaning "new tram".
They stopped running on the 21st of August,2007.
Technical details:
weight:19750kg
length between bumpers:13500mm
length:12600mm
outer width:2300mm
height:3100mm
capacity(5p/m2):94
standard gauge
allowed max speed:50km/h

Ganz tram aka ICS

The tram was designed for Budapest. The ICS name is also an acronym for "ipari csuklós"-industrially bent.
length:26900mm
width:2300mm
weight:34000kg
capacity: 198/203,from which 40/32 are seats.

Later, they were upgraded,modified, and they became KCSVs. They are the most modern versions of the ICS trams. They are even capable of self-diagnostics.
height:3500mm
capacity: 192,out of which 36 are seats.

Tatra T5C5
The Tatras are Czechoslovak trams. The C5s were produced for Budapest. Production started in 1978,and ended in 1984.
Length between bumpers:15 640mm
weight:18 500kg
outer width:2500 mm
capacity:
seats(before reconstruction):28
standing capacity(5p/m2):72
min track radii:20m
max speed:65km/h
Some of the later were upgraded,modified,and they became Tatra T5C5K. The first 2 started testing phase in 2002. They get regenerating breaking systems. They even got a button outside allowing peopl to open its doors without the driver.

Hungaroplan
the Hungaroplan is/was a prototype tram built in 1988. Only 1,5(one and a half) were built.

"Muki"
The "Muki"s are cargo trams in Budapest. Initially they were to service the factories in Budapest after WWI. But since there are no factories in the hearth of Budapest,they were converted to bagging and track-polishing trams. Currently,they are mostly used to transport boogies and tram-parts from one depot to an other. There are only 6 left in Budapest.

Siemens Combino Supra NF12B "Budapest"
The Combino Supra NF12B was exclusively produced for Budapest. It is the longest tram in the world,currently servicing the busiest tramline of the world. There are 40 of the in Budapest.
length:54000mm
width:2400mm
capacity:353,out of which 64 are seats
max speed:70km/h,but it is limited in 50km/h
It has 12 axles. The vehicle is composed of 6 segments. They were manufactured with stainless steel structure,to avoid similar problems Siemens had with ordinary Combino Supras.

Old December 12th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #69
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

I have to congratulate you on the effort you've put into this thread, RawLee! I like the transport system in Budapest, especially the Combino trams and metro line 2, and hope to ride line 4 soon.

You said that Combino is servicing the bussiest tram line in the world. Is that line 4? I don't remember exactly, but there are Combinos on other lines too, right? Or is it just line 4?

Also, are there any plans to buy new trains for HÉV in the near future? The current ones are good, but they're a bit old and I'd imagine they plan to replace them...
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #70
RawLee

The Combinos service line 4-6,which only differ in the last station. And when line 61 and 6 will be unified(in the upcoming years,forming a complete loop),I think Combinos will service those parts of the city too.
About the HÉV...well,the northern and the southern lines will get new vehicles,when metro5 will be built So unknown The eastern line is more unknown than the others
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:55 AM   #71
blogen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
The Combinos service line 4-6,which only differ in the last station. And when line 61 and 6 will be unified(in the upcoming years,forming a complete loop),I think Combinos will service those parts of the city too.
About the HÉV...well,the northern and the southern lines will get new vehicles,when metro5 will be built So unknown The eastern line is more unknown than the others
Onto the 1 line it is planned. Weekend is due already there. (Forszírozzák, hogy az egyes villamosvonal felújítása és meghosszabbítása kapcsán beszerzendő új szerelvények is 54 méteres COMBINO-k legyenek ahelyett, hogy alacsonypadlós pótkocsikat kötnek a jelenlegi Tátrák után toldozgatás-foldozgatás elven. A forgalom indokolná a COMBINO-k üzemeltetését azon a szakaszon!)
blogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #72
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9437

Quote:
Here are the types of trams Budapest uses:

UV
The UV was present in the largest numbers on the streets of the city. Production started in 1955, 375 was manufactured. The name supposedly is the acronym of "új villamos",meaning "new tram".
They stopped running on the 21st of August,2007.
Technical details:
weight:19750kg
length between bumpers:13500mm
length:12600mm
outer width:2300mm
capacity(5p/m2):94
standard gauge
allowed max speed:50km/h

Ganz tram aka ICS

The tram was designed for Budapest. The ICS name is also an acronym for "ipari csuklós"-industrially bent.
length:26900mm
width:2300mm
capacity: 198/203,from which 40/32 are seats.

Later, they were upgraded,modified, and they became KCSVs. They are the most modern versions of the ICS trams. They are even capable of self-diagnostics.
height:3500mm
capacity: 192,out of which 36 are seats.

Tatra T5C5
The Tatras are Czechoslovak trams. The C5s were produced for Budapest. Production started in 1978,and ended in 1984.
Length between bumpers:15 640mm
weight:18 500kg
outer width:2500 mm
capacity:
seats(before reconstruction):28
standing capacity(5p/m2):72
min track radii:20m
max speed:65km/h
Some of the later were upgraded,modified,and they became Tatra T5C5K. The first 2 started testing phase in 2002. They get regenerating breaking systems. They even got a button outside allowing peopl to open its doors without the driver.

Hungaroplan
the Hungaroplan is/was a prototype tram built in 1988. Only 1,5(one and a half) were built.

"Muki"
The "Muki"s are cargo trams in Budapest. Initially they were to service the factories in Budapest after WWI. But since there are no factories in the hearth of Budapest,they were converted to bagging and track-polishing trams. Currently,they are mostly used to transport boogies and tram-parts from one depot to an other. There are only 6 left in Budapest.

Siemens Combino Supra NF12B "Budapest"
The Combino Supra NF12B was exclusively produced for Budapest. It is the longest tram in the world,currently servicing the busiest tramline of the world. There are 40 of the in Budapest.
length:54000mm
width:2400mm
capacity:353,out of which 64 are seats
max speed:70km/h,but it is limited in 50km/h
It has 12 axles. The vehicle is composed of 6 segments. They were manufactured with stainless steel structure,to avoid similar problems Siemens had with ordinary Combino Supras.

Good job RawLee!

BTW: You forgot to mention the trams bought from the city of Hannover...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #73
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9437

Other trams of Budapest

TW6000 type tram, 76 bought from Germany:

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #74
RawLee

Update on the Rákóczi square,Népszínház steet,Bocskai road,Móricz Zsigmond square and Szent Gellért square stations.

Móricz Zsigmond square

Rákóczi square

Népszínház street

Bocskai road

Szent Gellért square

Other news:
Both TBM's left the first station(2nd on the route),the will arrive in the next station(3rd on the route) in February.
The station of Fővám square is months behind schedule. There are 3 station until the TBM's reach it.

Last edited by RawLee; August 17th, 2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: making post faster to load
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #75
RawLee

A more than 300 years old wall was found at the future Fővám square station...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post

The wall:

From the opposite direction...

Credit to Qtya!
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #76
RawLee

The one of the TBMs today arrived at the 3rd station(Kelenföld->Tétényi->Bocskai->Móricz->Gellért->Fővám->Kálvin->Rákóczi->Népszínház->Keleti).here are the pics:

Old March 8th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #77
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

what's going to happen to that wall?
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #78
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2 View Post
what's going to happen to that wall?
???What do you mean? An other TBM will come through an other wall on the other side of tha station,then both will leave through the opposite side of the station.
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #79
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
???What do you mean? An other TBM will come through an other wall on the other side of tha station,then both will leave through the opposite side of the station.
I meant the one that's 300 years old.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #80
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2 View Post
I meant the one that's 300 years old.
I have no idea. The station is already 3 months behind schedule if they build it with an other technology, but if they will continue with the current one, it will be about 1 year behind schedule. TBM is to arrive there by the end of this year...It is suspected from current news that both the servicing of the TBM's in the stations and their pace of boring will be seriously decreased to avoid paying penalty.
The wall is not in the wrong place because of the future place of the station(it will be at 30m depth,because it will be below the bank of the Danube) but because of the reconstruction of the square.

Tags
budapest, transport