daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 15th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #861
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6784

I don't really want to continue the political OT - but not the voters are the problem. For me it's OK to vote for different parties in local and in parliamentary elections - especially taking into account that different people represent the party locally and different people represent it on the central level. I may like their local politicians but not like the central ones.

The problem is the general hatred between the political parties. Maybe in the Western countries it's different, I don't know (although my experience tells me that what is bad here in Central Europe and we believe it's different, better in the West, it's very often actually same there). But it's often as @lalumking says. When a new party wins the elections (instead of the old one being reelected), they often don't say they will start improving what the previous party did bad (and continue what they were doing well). They just want to do everything again from scratch, in the only way they believe is good.

And the same is between the local and the central level of the management. Fortunately, in Poland, the EU funds, which we use quite much of, are distributed mainly on the regional and not central level - but anyway, concerning the investments that need funds from the central budget, a situation when the local authorities are from the same party as the central government is much easier. And still, you may have the province authorities from another party then the city/town/municipality authorities, but it's rather a rare situation. And while the big cities are usually quite politicized, in small towns everyone knows everyone, including the people in the town council, and the divisions between the parties are not seen so much. In a small town or municipality, you usually vote for the specific person, you often know personally, not for the specific party as you would in a big city (or in regional or central elections - even if you mark the specific candidate on the ballot, you don't know him and often you just select the first one on the list from the party you like).

Maybe it's because our democracies are young and inexperienced, maybe it's just a genetic trait of our (Central European) nations that we like to criticize others... I don't know.

Last edited by Kpc21; April 15th, 2017 at 12:30 AM.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #862
Juni
Unregistered User ツ

Likes (Received): 1209

dimlys1994, Kpc21 liked this post
Juni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #863
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Budapest tram is one of the large tram network in the world. It is older than the tram network of my city Kolkata, but its continuous investment has kept much better than my city. They have gradually updated rolling stocks, modernized the system, and today, although 47 routes have closed, but 4 routes have opened, some old routes were extended, and the network is very strong, one of the best in Europe, and a very good substitute with metro. The most interesting part is it has a small underground portion in Fovam Tar, like metro tunnel, although the metro tunnel and tram tunnel is completely different here.

Before opening metro network, the tram network was very much strong, covered all important streets of entire downtown, and all directions of Budapest city. Places like Maria Theresa barracks once served by trams, but now replaced by metro. Personally I support replacing by metro, but, beside this, many former tram routes are not covered by metro. I heard the future extension planning is also not so good for metro, so was not it was a great mistake to close those routes?

Route 5, 8 to 11, 15, 16, 18, 20 to 23, 25 to 27, 29 to 36, 38 to 40, 43 to 46, 55, 63, 66 to 68, 72, 75, 76, 81, 83, 87 to 93 were closed, not all converted to metro. It was almost like my city Kolkata, where almost half of route closed. Although the Kolkata network is much smaller than Budapest, but recently they are gradually declining from last 10 years. Thankfully Budapest replaced many tram routes by metro, but in Kolkata this replacement program is not much high and fast.

Recently tram network was also extended, route 4, 47, 48, 56 & 62 opened, these are new routes and some routes were extended. So although most routes have closed, the total track length were not reduced much, and so Budapest tram network is still much large network in world.

Hopefully, all is not finished. As of 2012, it seems that the local governments have shifted towards a more tram-friendly view: line 1 and 3 will be renovated and line 1 extended (mostly from EU funding); line 47 and 49 are planned to reach Nyugati tér once again as it used to be their final stop before M3 was opened. There is also a major project being planned to connect, extend, and develop the tram lines on the Buda side (providing longer lines and fewer transfers), which is held up by debate between the districts and the city.

However in recent map, I saw route 12 is out of service, and route 14 has stopped service between Megyeri Ut and Jent Istvan ter. Is this a temporary abandonment? Or permanently closure of those routes? Please write some details. Also write some details about the extension of route 1, 47 & 49.

Kpc21, dimlys1994 liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:31 PM   #864
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 553

Route 12 and 14 service change is only temporary.
They are building in a switch somewhere here:
https://www.google.hu/maps/@47.56237...7i13312!8i6656

dimlys1994 liked this post
zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #865
subbotazh

Likes (Received): 325

Hello! I need fresh passenger traffic information on each subway line and suburban train per day on average. With source link
subbotazh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:42 PM   #866
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26144

From Metro Report

http://www.metro-report.com/news/new...extension.html

Work begins on Budapest tram extension
14 Nov 2017

HUNGARY: Work has started on a 1·7 km extension of Budapest tram Route 1. The western extension from Etele út/Fehérvári út to Kelenföld railway station will include two intermediate stations. Interchange with metro line M4 will be provided at Bikás Park and Kelenföld.

The HF8·6bn project is 98·5% financed by EU funds, with the remainder coming from Budapest municipality. Revenue services are planned to start in early 2019

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Trucker1991, MiaM liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #867
MiaM

Likes (Received): 85

That was an obvious extension

So with wto intermediate stops, one at Bikás Park, where will the other one be? Perhaps where there currently is a bus stop between Bikás Park and Kelenföld?
MiaM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 09:09 PM   #868
lalumking

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaM View Post
That was an obvious extension

So with wto intermediate stops, one at Bikás Park, where will the other one be? Perhaps where there currently is a bus stop between Bikás Park and Kelenföld?
At "Bártfai utca", exactly where the bus 103 stops now.
Unfortunately, that small extension is the only project involving the tramway infastucture until at least 2020. All the money is going to the reconstruction of the M3 metro line. (+26 more CAF trams, 5 longer to line 1 and 21 shorter to other lines, along with new trolleybuses)

MiaM liked this post
lalumking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #869
MiaM

Oh, does this mean the end for Ikarus 280T? (Or are they already taken out of service)?
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #870
lalumking

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaM View Post
Oh, does this mean the end for Ikarus 280T? (Or are they already taken out of service)?
I have no information about that. But we have some types with small numbers and low reliability, so I guess they will be scrapped first:

-Ikarus 435: 14 are in services, built in 1994-96, not even low floor, so many operational problems

-Ikarus 411: prototype, built in 1994

-Ikarus 412: 15 are built in 2002, probably going to be replaced by new SST

-MAN: bought in 2011-12 from Eberswalde, built in 1993-94, currently only 9 in service, I'm sure they are going to be the first ones to be scrapped (both drivers and maintenance hate them so much)

And we have 45 Ikarus 280 trolleybuses, I'm not sure how many of them will remain. But I guess that smaller series with higher maintenance costs and lower reliability will be thrown out first. 2 Ikarus 412 were built in 2015 from Ikarus 280T electronics, those will surely remain in the fleet.

MiaM liked this post
lalumking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #871
luka23

Likes (Received): 25

Hi! I visited Budapest last year and I liked the M3 stock, in the video above I see they're refurbished? Looks neat! I was wondering about the M1 stock, what's their manufacturer and when will they go out of service as they seem pretty dated.
luka23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 06:30 AM   #872
MiaM

The stock on M1 is afaik made in 1973 in Hungary
Old January 5th, 2018, 03:57 PM   #873
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9423

CAF AWARDED CONTRACT TO SUPPLY 26 TRAMS FOR BUDAPEST

2018/01/04
CAF is to supply a further 26 trams for the city of Budapest, in a contract awarded by BKK (Budapesti Közlekedési Központ), the company responsible for the city's transport system. The contract covers the manufacture of 2 tram types: 21 five-module trams and 5 nine-module vehicles, with delivery of the first units expected to start from February 2019 onwards. The contract is worth approximately €55 million.

In March 2014, CAF signed its first contract with this same customer, covering the supply of 37 tram units with a future extension option. In fact, months later, an initial extension was awarded for an additional 10 units, all of which are also now operating as part of the city's passenger service, with the sum of both transactions totalling more than 115 million euro.

The capital of Hungary was one of the pioneering cities to use this means of urban transport and currently has an extensive tram network with almost 40 lines, some of which boast the highest passenger carrying capacity in the whole of Europe. It is therefore worthy of mention that the city has once again placed its trust in the vehicles manufactured by CAF.

The trams proposed for Budapest are based on the Urbos platform. These low-floor, two-way vehicles feature four double doors on each side of the five-module trams and seven double doors on the nine-module trams. These vehicles are designed to run on 1435 mm gauge track with an operating speed of 50 km/h.

The 34 metre long five-module trams can carry up to 326 passengers, while the 56 metre long nine-module trams have a carrying capacity of up to 562 passengers, being one of the longest in the world. The entire tram surface is at the same level, providing ease of access for persons with reduced mobility, wheelchair users and passengers with pushchairs (two spaces available per vehicle).

This is CAF's first project in this new year of 2018, adding to the company's extensive order book at the close of the last financial year and serving to confirm that CAF is a major player in the European rail market.

http://www.caf.net/en/sala-prensa/no...alle.php?e=234

II. János Pál pápa

metr0p0litain, dimlys1994, MiaM liked this post
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, transport