daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Old May 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #121
RawLee

Likes (Received): 205

Update!

As of 18th of may,the southern TBM was restarted,and after a month of standstill and maintenance,it continued working on its tunnel today morning. In the upcoming 5 weeks,it will dig under the Danube,between Gellért square and Fővám square stations.

(Kelenföld -> Tétényi -> Bocskai -> Móricz -> Gellért -> Fővám -> Kálvin -> Rákóczi -> Népszínház -> Keleti)

Fővám square managed to catch up,its year-long schedule-loss ended in April.

We dont know how DBR and BAMCO managed to sort their differences out.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM   #122
RawLee

Nice pics I found,just to show how f*cking deep the stations are:

(http://galeria.index.hu/kult/2009/05...lyebb_pontjan/)
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM   #123
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 594

Great photos.

Are there any pictures of the new trains that will be used on the M4?
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:06 PM   #124
(fabrizio)
Ciuc Drinker

Likes (Received): 1246

Thanks RawLee! I love this project, really. Metro 4 has never been on my path when I was in Budapest, apart from Kalvin Tér, and I never thought the stations could be this massive, caves are really enormous. once finished, going underground will look like walking in a sort of cathedral!

the only thing i don't understand is why nobody fitted the stations with sliding glass doors, in order to prevent suicides from jumping on the tracks.

(fabrizio) in tour:
Hong Kong / 5 hours in Dubai / Istanbul / Montréal / Dublin / Budapest & the rest of Hungary /
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM   #125
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
Great photos.

Are there any pictures of the new trains that will be used on the M4?
They will be Alstom Metropolis trains,which will also run on line 2.

http://galeria.index.hu/belfold/2009..._szerelvenyek/

But there is a very serious problem with them,even calling them sh*t isnt harsh enough. The air conductors for the emergency brakes simply stay in your hand if you touch them...so say the mechanics at the metro depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (fabrizio) View Post
Thanks RawLee! I love this project, really. Metro 4 has never been on my path when I was in Budapest, apart from Kalvin Tér, and I never thought the stations could be this massive, caves are really enormous. once finished, going underground will look like walking in a sort of cathedral!
The "caves" are 30m deep,and the end of the stations are about 8m below the Danube. Guess what,for line 5,a station is planned to be under the Danube between an island and Pest...

Quote:
the only thing i don't understand is why nobody fitted the stations with sliding glass doors, in order to prevent suicides from jumping on the tracks.
The trains wont be automatic(at least,thats how we know)...besides,there are not that many suicides that we should spend so much money on doors.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM   #126
(fabrizio)
Ciuc Drinker

Likes (Received): 1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
They will be Alstom Metropolis trains,which will also run on line 2.

But there is a very serious problem with them,even calling them sh*t isnt harsh enough. The air conductors for the emergency brakes simply stay in your hand if you touch them...so say the mechanics at the metro depot.
Well, hope these are just beginners' problems... usually devices filled with electronics like planes, trains and cars are absolutely hopeless at the beginning. Anyway, these new convoys will spoil all the "Iron Curtain feeling" that the old M2 trains used to have! but that's progress...

Quote:
The "caves" are 30m deep,and the end of the stations are about 8m below the Danube. Guess what,for line 5,a station is planned to be under the Danube between an island and Pest...
which island? Margit sziget? anyway, impressive!! in Milan, if i'm not mistaken, there's a station under the Lambro river, but nothing to be compared to this. I can hardly image it, honestly. the Duna is really immense to my eyes.

Quote:
The trains wont be automatic(at least,thats how we know)...besides,there are not that many suicides that we should spend so much money on doors.
the jubilee line in London have them despite not having automatic trains. anyway good to hear you don't have these problems: that film, "Kontroll", made me believe you got them too!

(fabrizio) in tour:
Hong Kong / 5 hours in Dubai / Istanbul / Montréal / Dublin / Budapest & the rest of Hungary /
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM   #127
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by (fabrizio) View Post
Well, hope these are just beginners' problems... usually devices filled with electronics like planes, trains and cars are absolutely hopeless at the beginning.
The Metropolis family isnt new.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alstom_Metropolis_Cars
"The trains are in service in 22 major cities around the world, totalizing more than 3000 cars"
Its bad quality,thats all. They are supposed to be running from last Septembre,but they havent even got the rail approval,because the 10000km test cant commece,because of this...error...and the first ones were delivered half-year behind schedule

Quote:
Anyway, these new convoys will spoil all the "Iron Curtain feeling" that the old M2 trains used to have! but that's progress...
Well,line 3 will stay for some time,and the HÉV will also heve that kind of feeling for some time.

Quote:
which island? Margit sziget? anyway, impressive!! in Milan, if i'm not mistaken, there's a station under the Lambro river, but nothing to be compared to this. I can hardly image it, honestly. the Duna is really immense to my eyes.
Yes. At the approximate future location,the river is 200m wide,thats about twice the lenght of a consist on line 2...

Quote:
the jubilee line in London have them despite not having automatic trains. anyway good to hear you don't have these problems: that film, "Kontroll", made me believe you got them too!
Dont get ne wrong,we do have,but its not that much. Some suicidal people can only think of themselves...get medicin and alcohol for christ's sake,but dont ruin the day of hundreds of thousand of people...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM   #128
dwdwone
Subway Dave

Likes (Received): 10

Is any part of M4 above ground?
dwdwone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM   #129
RawLee

The depot. Not even the second and third phases will be.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #130
RawLee

Update!

The works on the Buda embankment are nearing finish,though we dont know when will the section be inaugurated.

by Fron

We've found of evidence that line 3's reconstruction has started,though we dont know if its part of the EU project or not.

(from http://index.hu/belfold/budapest/200..._villamossint/)

The connection at Móricz Zsigmond square is ready,it was already tested,though there's no regular traffic on it. We dont know what lines will be merged with line 61,with which this track made connection.

(iho.hu)
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #131
RawLee

Here's the sight we've been waiting for some time: the new vehicles on line M2

(iho.hu)
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #132
RawLee

Update!

As of 18th of june,the southern TBM has been restarted under the Danube,where it had to take a week-long stop,because it hit a "surprise" clay region in a geological fault,and the clay was stuck in the cutters. In a few weeks,it will arrive at Fővám square station,after which the northern TBM will also depart from Gellért square.

(Kelenföld -> Tétényi -> Bocskai -> Móricz -> Gellért -> Fővám -> Kálvin -> Rákóczi -> Népszínház -> Keleti)
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #133
RawLee

Lines 47 and 49 have been resumed when Szadabdság bridge was reconstructed,and here is an eye-candy shot with an old UV tram:

(iho.hu)
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #134
RawLee

Update!

As of 29th of June, the southern TBM has breached Fővám station's wall! The northern TBM will soon start from Gellért square.

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #135
Kot Behemot
Краљица српска

Likes (Received): 3369

Good work!
I had no idea that extent of work was so big. Very good pictures of TBMs and the construction!

Tell me please if U know, what happens when TBM encounters clay? What is the solution? How do U dig in clay?

Also can't wait to ride the M4!

Greetings from Novi Sad/Ujvidek

Klub Putnika Srbije
www.serbiatravelers.org
Kot Behemot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #136
RawLee

It encountered clay under the Danube. It had to be stopped,and cleaned,under pressure. After that,a special liquid is pumped forward,to make the clay less "sticky".
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM   #137
RawLee

Tramline 24's partial reconstruction has started,between Nagyvárad square and Elnök street,and its terminal at Baross square.

Baross square

(iho.hu)

BKV also got some money from the EU for GPS-based tracking system,which will be implemented in the upcoming years.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM   #138
RawLee

Venom6 has taken some pics of some stations,here are some of them,original posts here.

Baross square

Rákoczi square

Kálvin square

Fővám square

Gellért square

Móricz Zsigmond square
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #139
RawLee

Construction of the line's depot started,the only part of the project that will be overground.

According to the project description,the depot will be large enough to accomodate enough vehicles for the initial line,plus its 2 extensions. The depot area will be made up of maintenance facilities,storage sheds and a 8 level office building.

It will be here:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...27595&t=h&z=15

(http://www.metro4.hu/hirek_reszletes.php?id=556)
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #140
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 2915

U/C Tétényi road station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Since The Bunny is gone, let me post these for ya'...

At last, after a well deserved holiday maybe, methan is back in action and updated the felulet.blogspot.com with fresh pics.

Tétényi road station. Waiting for the interior works to start. I'm so bloody anxious to see the final outcome slowly taking shape... I wonder when will they start?

Anyway, I give you methan's pics...

Soon the interior work will start...
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, transport