daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Fort Worthology

Likes (Received): 0

FORT WORTH | Museum Place | Cultural District | U/C

Museum Place is a large multiblock mixed-use urban development now underway in the Cultural District just outside downtown. The development grows from the big University/Camp Bowie/West 7th/Bailey intersection and is right next to the Modern Art Museum and the Kimbell Art Museum. It will cover 11 acres.

The project will feature 173,000 square feet of ground-level retail space, 130,000 square feet of Class A office space, an Aloft Hotel, 40 purchasable condos, and 500 rental apartments. In addition, it will feature a new Post Office designed by Venturi, Scott Brown, and Associates.

Renderings:

The Post Office. The curved poles in the plaza are big steel poles that originally supported a billboard, and were bent by the tornado that hit downtown Fort Worth and the Cultural District in 2000. They are being integrated into the Post Office plaza as sculpture, and that side of the Post Office will feature a huge mural of a thunderstorm sweeping across the Texas prairie with the Post Office "Neither snow nor rain" motto.

image hosted on flickr

Construction is underway. There is a crane going up at this block now:

image hosted on flickr

This live/work development in the project is already vertical. The development has already attracted others - the townhomes to the right are brand new:

image hosted on flickr

The glassy Flatiron in the rendering above is going here, and the historic building in back is being integrated into the development, with its parking lot converted to a street with on-street parking:

image hosted on flickr

This image shows the various 7th Street/Cultural District developments in relation to each other:

image hosted on flickr

Orange - Museum Place
Blue - West 7th
Red - Redeveloped Montgomery Ward building
Yellow - So7

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Fort Worthology

Cranes at night for the office/residential/retail building at the big intersection (I have also seen on Museum Place's site plans that this building has a space marked "cinema").

image hosted on flickr

Meanwhile, the first building is topping out.

image hosted on flickr
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #3
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

no highrises but nice
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #4
tturadr

i live in fort worth and i'm so excited that we're getting all this new development
tturadr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #5
Chicagoflo
Frmr. Dallas Star

Awesome this I'll be a great proJect!