daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #21181
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

If you can call us f**** friends (Filipe Teixeira ) come on and get a sunny day... come on and see DUBAI SECOND TO NONE & STOP FLIPPIN ! and we can't running again .

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #21182
London21

Likes (Received): 42

Not sure why we giving this guy so much importance - nearly a whole page. Ignore him and he'll disappear. Interior pics - true armani style - sleek and stylish

Last edited by London21; October 21st, 2009 at 12:21 AM.
London21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM   #21183
BlackLukes

Likes (Received): 18

Nice interiors! I feel proud

Milan StreetView - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
BlackLukes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:34 AM   #21184
TXSkyWatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan040780 View Post
So, finally building's outside cladding has been finished, but where are the pictures from inside? There are only 6 weeks left until opening...
Don't you have a clue????? If they were able to get inside to get us pics, don't you think you'd be seeing them???
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM   #21185
TXSkyWatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by London21 View Post
Not sure why we giving this guy so much importance - nearly a whole page. Ignore him and he'll disappear. Interior pics - true armani style - sleek and stylish
Good advice. I probably have the largest ignore list on this site. I've been hittin' tons of 'em lately. I always check to see the last five posts first to see if they ever contribute, if not CYA! Course the one right above this post deserved a response.
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:54 AM   #21186
moscowboy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
I walk round it every night, the lower half seems very complete.

Landscaping in full swing, The rooms look a lot more ready.

It won't be fully completed till early next year I expect, though probably will be partially open.
I see many buildings which are part of the whole complex still being constructed. Do you think all those buildings will be complete as well, by early next year?

The armani designs are very nice. The Armani hotel would be a crown Jewel for BD.

In one of the photos of the abandoned Nakheel Harbor building, the palm trees are dead. So, I assume these palm trees can grow only in large pots with constant watering and feeding. They may not be native to the desert.
moscowboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 02:22 AM   #21187
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowboy View Post
I see many buildings which are part of the whole complex still being constructed. Do you think all those buildings will be complete as well, by early next year?
They are almost all on hold. Hopefully when the burj dubai is finished emaar will at least complete the buildings that are already above ground but on hold.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:41 AM   #21188
TXSkyWatcher

Quote:
They may not be native to the desert.
Palm trees are native to sub-tropical regions [and maybe tropical regions as well...not sure about that]. I think they do look cool in Dubai though.
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:19 AM   #21189
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLukes View Post
Nice interiors! I feel proud
agree
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:58 AM   #21190
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
A concrete Jesus statue...
Doesn't count. It was built less than a hundred years ago (like most of Dubai) so it's obviously fake.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 06:00 AM   #21191
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Yet another great update Imre.

The BMU's for the lower levels are robust indeed. I remember seeing the shots from a year or so ago when one was in its home and wondering how the thing would extend out from the structure - so clear now to see it in action.

So they will refer to the window cleaners for the upper structure sans BMU's as abseilers. I was referring to them as such but stopped being abseiling refers to repelling down only. Thinking about it now that is probably exactly what they will do. They will abseil - cleaning as they descend and finish on a lower terrace. They most likely won't ever ascend the lines - just pull the lines up after the abseilers are off them.

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM   #21192
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
the future of the whole complex not too good...

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....710189938/1005

at the moment 13 projects ON HOLD

M-Burj
The Mansions
Burj Place
Grand Boulevard
18 Boulevard
Burj Park series
Claren 2

at the Grand Boulevard and 18 BD Boulevard sites have never begun anything, rest of projects just holes now.

Standpoint Residences, Boulevard Central , Claren and 29 BD Boulevard were U/C but contractors left the sites so also ON HOLD at the moment .

The Lofts looks done from outside handover coming soon.

The last project which is U/C is the Boulevard Plaza but the progress very slow.

The future still questinable , off plan market is totally dead in Dubai thats why there is just a little chance for building those projects, even if the Emaar wants to sell noone would buy it.

Maybe selling those plots for strong companies (Habtoor,Al Futtaim,Al Fattan etc..) would be a good idea but I would prefer more lakes , landscaping, parks, car parks there
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:28 AM   #21193
Land Man

CNN Feature Video Story on Burj Dubai Just Posted

See This feature video story on BD posted right now on the main CNN website. www.cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor...ai.tallest.cnn

If your watch this the impression you get loud and and clear is that the Korean company Samsung constructed the Burj Dubai. There is no mention at all of Emaar!

I've been on this board for a long time and why is this the first time I hear about Korean's and Samsung? ...I guess I missed it. In watching that story it really seems odd since we know so much about this building and here is the top international television news agency in the world flying a guy over there to do a feature story and it seems all disjointed and off.

Check it out! (you have to sit through a 15 second commercial 1st)
Land Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM   #21194
moscowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Man View Post
See This feature video story on BD posted right now on the main CNN website. www.cnn.com

If your watch this the impression you get loud and and clear is that the Korean company Samsung constructed the Burj Dubai. There is no mention at all of Emaar!

I've been on this board for a long time and why is this the first time I hear about Korean's and Samsung? ...I guess I missed it. In watching that story it really seems odd since we know so much about this building and here is the top international television news agency in the world flying a guy over there to do a feature story and it seems all disjointed and off.

Emaar has the money. Emaar is the owner. Samsung has the expertise. Samsung is the contractor. The next tallest building in the world also will be built by Samsung. They developed a special concrete mix that will harden very strong and can be pumped very high at liquid nitrogen temperatures.
After it is built, it will be called the tower built by Emaar. People will forget the contractor and all the foreign laborers. Does anybody remember who was the contractor for Sears Tower or Pyramids? Did Emperor Shajahan lay a single marble piece in Taj Mahal? Who built YOUR car? Did Kennedy build the moon lander?
Old October 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM   #21195
moscowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
the future of the whole complex not too good...

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....710189938/1005

at the moment 13 projects ON HOLD

M-Burj
The Mansions
Burj Place
Grand Boulevard
18 Boulevard
Burj Park series
Claren 2

at the Grand Boulevard and 18 BD Boulevard sites have never begun anything, rest of projects just holes now.

Standpoint Residences, Boulevard Central , Claren and 29 BD Boulevard were U/C but contractors left the sites so also ON HOLD at the moment .

The Lofts looks done from outside handover coming soon.

The last project which is U/C is the Boulevard Plaza but the progress very slow.

The future still questinable , off plan market is totally dead in Dubai thats why there is just a little chance for building those projects, even if the Emaar wants to sell noone would buy it.

Maybe selling those plots for strong companies (Habtoor,Al Futtaim,Al Fattan etc..) would be a good idea but I would prefer more lakes , landscaping, parks, car parks there
It would have been nice if they finished all those buildings. Families will live in them and shop at the Dubai mall and keep the whole complex vibrant. Now, everything is dependant on the tourists. Most of the tourists do not stay at 7 star hotels or spend at luxury malls. Even tourism will not be big until amusement parks are built. That is the biggest urgency now, for tourism.(Petronas Towers did not increase tourism in that city. How many tourists will come to gawk at BD alone? I don't think any would come just for that.)

As far as infrastructure is concerned, BD should be connected to city wide and long distance trains and trams. Sewer treatment should be improved and sewer and rain run offs should not be sent to sea untreated. (better yet, it should be used exclusively for irrigation). Beaches and marine life should be preserved.
Massive windfarms and solar power farms and Several nuclear power plants should be built to support the power needs.

Can Dubai do all these fast? They should. But they cannot do all those without massive taxation. How long can a country survive without taxation? How long can a country subsidise everything from water to subway, without taxation? (I know. until the oil revenue runs out!) We have already seen the results of the oil-export-only based economy in all these unfinished buildings and finished but vacant buildings.

Last edited by moscowboy; October 21st, 2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM   #21196
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Man View Post

This week is Korean Week on CNN, that's why this article/video.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM   #21197
DerFlo4711

Likes (Received): 6

Those window washing carts that move along the outside tubing of the building, do thay retract into the building at the centerpoint?
DerFlo4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM   #21198
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

yes they do...
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM   #21199
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240903

Burj dubai at sunset:
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4030753341/
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM   #21200
iownyou

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
from Ajman

thats amazing?
are you telling me you took this picture past international city and past sharja and past ajman downtown all the way where they are building emerets city????
if that is correct that is avoer 20 km that is impossible
iownyou no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae