daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #22021
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240660

Do you mean that Emaar is/was planning to built a second tower in Dubai, like Burj Dubai (twin) same height/floors? Anyone know about this?

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobpickard/4108744785/
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #22022
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Do you mean that Emaar is/was planning to built a second tower in Dubai, like Burj Dubai (twin) same height/floors? Anyone know about this?

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobpickard/4108744785/
yeah... This news was released in 2008,but I think Imre will know this..
Because there's nothing know better than Imre... Burjdubai's contractor might have forgotten this..
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #22023
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
did you read this news?
2008.5.30 press released.
have you ever heard of Twin Burj Dubai's Construction? this is fact in 2008,not Rumor.
If you want to give Exact Information about this amazing project,contact Emmar(Dubai) or Samsung Dubai Office.

below....I think Imre or 234sale,AtinD knew this news or read this article in 2008...

Twins ' The [pe] the [cu] two at all Samsung product construction Samsung product constructive section Arab Emirates (UAE) two at all ' The [pe] [cu] two at all ' Makes the twins building. The [pe] [cu] two [pe] [cu] two at all in the side which hits at all and a thing where the rough copy layer building where the height * shape etc. are identical enters is. The 29th constructive industry [ey_tta_lu_myen] two [pe] [cu] two which at all an independent space-time in Samsung product constructive section the forehead [lu] which is a government-managed development enterprise (Emaar) lives made a twins building erecting plan at all and requested. The [pe] [cu] two the desert flower at the form one building is highest at all from the world. The 160th floor which is a last March 25th last layer (623m) public corporation ends and currently the spire (above of building height inclusion highest 800m) the construction which builds is advanced above the building. Enforcement the forehead [lu] company, space-time Samsung product constructive section * hemp cloth [su] (Belgium) * Arab [theyk] (two) 3 companies kept at all. Forehead [lu] [pe] [cu] two which lives is satisfied, became known that proposes the independent spatial-temporal contract of the [pe] [cu] two at all twins building in Samsung product Ministry of Construction meaning of a passage rough copy layer spatial-temporal technique which public corporation leads at all successfully and management style etc. The [pe] [cu] two the total public corporation rain of the twins building comes [pe] [cu] two (about 1,000,000,000,000 won) at all at all similar 1,100,000,000,000 ~ 1,200,000,000,000 won lines is. The forehead [lu] buying Samsung product constructive section year-end about [pe] [cu] two which comes is the plan which the memorandom of under-standing: MOU (MOU) will contract at all about twins building space-time. The very first time ocean company a time at the year-end when is come the [pe] [cu] two at all interior public corporation which is a plan which will contract next month MOU and landscape architecture public corporation etc. is finished extended. The industry one persons concerned " Samsung product from Middle East entire area [pe] [cu] two at all severely thinks a spatial-temporal effect " " The development companies which prepare a rough copy layer building erecting continue and " where they request a space-time and a technical investigation at Samsung; Said.

in korean-Original Article.
'쌍둥이'버즈두바이 삼성물산이 건설

삼성물산 건설부문이 아랍에미리트(UAE) 두바이에 '버즈두바이' 쌍둥이 빌딩을 짓는다. 버즈두바이 맞은 편에 버즈두바이와 높이·모양 등이 똑같은 초고층 건물이 들어서는 것이다.

29일 건설업계에 따르면 두바이 국영개발업체인 이마르(Emaar)사는 버즈두바이 쌍둥이 빌딩 건립 계획을 세우고 삼성물산 건설부문에 단독 시공을 요청했다.

버즈두바이는 사막꽃을 형상화한 건축물로 세계에서 가장 높다. 지난 3월 25일 마지막층인 160층(623m) 공사가 끝나 현재는 건물 위에 첨탑(건물 높이 포함 최고 800m 이상)을 세우는 공사가 진행되고 있다. 시행은 이마르사, 시공은 삼성물산 건설부문·베식스(벨기에)·아랍텍(두바이) 3개사가 맡았다.

이마르사는 버즈두바이 공사를 성공적으로 이끈 삼성물산 건설부문의 초고층 시공 기술과 관리 방식 등에 만족, 버즈두바이 쌍둥이 빌딩의 단독 시공 계약을 제안한 것으로 알려졌다.

버즈두바이 쌍둥이 빌딩의 총 공사비는 버즈두바이(약 1조원)와 비슷한 1조1000억∼1조2000억원선이다.

이마르사와 삼성물산 건설부문은 오는 연말쯤 버즈두바이 쌍둥이 빌딩 시공에 대한 양해각서(MOU)를 체결할 계획이다. 당초 양사는 다음달 MOU를 체결할 예정이었으나 버즈두바이 실내공사와 조경공사 등이 마무리되는 올 연말로 시기를 늦췄다.

업계 한 관계자는 "삼성물산이 중동 전역에서 버즈두바이 시공 효과를 톡톡히 보고 있다"며 "초고층 빌딩 건립을 준비하고 있는 개발회사들이 잇따라 삼성에 시공 및 기술 검토을 의뢰하고 있다"고 말했다.
[IMG]http://i50.************/34fgrw6.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #22024
aravinda

Likes (Received): 2

some new pics i took in the last few days

aravinda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #22025
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

More and more lights illuminating the BD almost on a daily basis at the moment.

Im really looking forward to the next few weeks light shows.

Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #22026
xlchris
Not much

Likes (Received): 201

Can't imagine how it'll be like on the top floor
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #22027
Jeromeo
Right here.

Likes (Received): 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Ending View Post
Not sure if this video has been linked yet

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c3_1258237971
Have a look here Chris.^
Jeromeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #22028
REIMOND

Likes (Received): 0

AT THE TOP (HOPE U LIKE IT)

THESE ARE MY PHOTOS ON TOP OF BURJ DUBAI

but i put some text there sorry...

REIMOND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #22029
Bob Rock
Think Different

Likes (Received): 4

Bob Rock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #22030
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

No images showing!
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #22031
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town Resident View Post
Change thread title to 824.6 plus 1.2 = 825.8 for when the spire opening at the top is opened!

1.2m being the spire diameter at this location. I have not counted the hinges.

Closing in on the magical 888 number rapidly.
Hi OTR.

The top of the pinnacle (top of tier 30) has the floor where the hatch is mounted down inside approx. 1.2 meters. The hatch looks to be ~ 0.6 m. in diameter. To put it another way (I'll stick to the plans heights untill the extra 6.0 m. is official) the top of tier 30 that is now the "railing" for the top platform is at 818.0. The floor where the hatch is mounted is at ~ 816.8 so even when the ~ 0.6 meter wide hatch is open it is still below the railings by ~ 0.6 m. It was a good thought though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan23
Change back to 819m

Burj Dubai not affected by new criteria
Hi Stephan.

The press almost never gets it right ...
The guy who used to be at the CTBUH said he doesn't think it will affect the height but IMO it most definately will.
The new wording covers the reason for using the entrance to the office lobby on the concourse level exactly - "height is measured from the level of the lowest, significant, open-air, pedestrian entrance".
- It is the lowest
- It is one of the 3 main entrances
- It does open to the outside air
- It is a pedestrian entrance
I feel it is safe to put it this way ;
Rest assured, the official height will be taken from the floor of the Concourse level.

Hi Korea.

I read something similar a long while ago and never gave it a second thought.
More press garbage - no way - no how - utter nonsence IMO.

I do remember some talk of a much smaller building similar to the BD in another country though. I can't recall where or who the contractor was though. Anyone have any insight ?

Old November 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #22032
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10106

^you tell em fury! lol
just on weather and heat. in sydney today its set to soar with temps to hit 41 or 106f.
and in states west it will hit 45deg./113f
how hot is it currently in dubai?
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #22033
korea2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Hi OTR.

The top of the pinnacle (top of tier 30) has the floor where the hatch is mounted down inside approx. 1.2 meters. The hatch looks to be ~ 0.6 m. in diameter. To put it another way (I'll stick to the plans heights untill the extra 6.0 m. is official) the top of tier 30 that is now the "railing" for the top platform is at 818.0. The floor where the hatch is mounted is at ~ 816.8 so even when the ~ 0.6 meter wide hatch is open it is still below the railings by ~ 0.6 m. It was a good thought though.

Hi Stephan.

The press almost never gets it right ...
The guy who used to be at the CTBUH said he doesn't think it will affect the height but IMO it most definately will.
The new wording covers the reason for using the entrance to the office lobby on the concourse level exactly - "height is measured from the level of the lowest, significant, open-air, pedestrian entrance".
- It is the lowest
- It is one of the 3 main entrances
- It does open to the outside air
- It is a pedestrian entrance
I feel it is safe to put it this way ;
Rest assured, the official height will be taken from the floor of the Concourse level.

Hi Korea.

I read something similar a long while ago and never gave it a second thought.
More press garbage - no way - no how - utter nonsence IMO.

I do remember some talk of a much smaller building similar to the BD in another country though. I can't recall where or who the contractor was though. Anyone have any insight ?

hey! refer to 234sale's new threads..
I said to Another BD in article,234sale(he) know Another Burj Dubai Same Height,and Same Floor after Burj Dubai's Construction Completion!
Two same Burj Dubai's Construction,also Contractor was decided Samsung already.So,BD is not one but two towers!
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #22034
korea2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
[IMG]http://i50.************/34fgrw6.jpg[/IMG]

hey buddy,Very thanks! God bless you! my Dubai's Friend knew Twin Burj Dubai's Construction, This is not Rumor! this is fact from press release!
is this located in neighborhood of Burj dubai site?
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #22035
moscowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post

Samsung and the Japanese companies have not been paid for long time. They are on the brink of bankruptcy.. Neither parties will ever again build anything in Dubai.. once burned, twice shy..
moscowboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #22036
moscowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinda View Post
In this picture, I see some palm trees in the small island.. in the middle of the sea/ creek.
do they have sewer water pipes going into this small island to water the palm trees?
I know all the greenery in Dubai is watered by sewer water..
moscowboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #22037
CULWULLA

mighty burj compared to other tallies
image hosted on flickr
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #22038
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
hey buddy,Very thanks! God bless you! my Dubai's Friend knew Twin Burj Dubai's Construction, This is not Rumor! this is fact from press release!
is this located in neighborhood of Burj dubai site?

Old November 20th, 2009, 05:33 AM   #22039
CULWULLA

everyone seems to be getting a higher observation deck then burjD ;(
even 555m lotte tower
lev122/123 ob deck located 481m/286m high
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #22040
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

nice picture....
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae