daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:26 PM   #23061
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by London21 View Post
Burj Dubai Inauguration - The Address Hotels + Resorts invites you to a Celebration of Belief and an Illumination of Vision

Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building, and a symbol of Dubai’s can do spirit will be officially inaugurated on January 4, 2010. The Address Hotels + Resorts invites you to a celebration of belief and an illumination of vision.

Share this monumental day in Dubai’s history in style and enjoy some of the best views of the inauguration ceremony as well as all the amazing facilities on offer in the Downtown Burj Dubai area. From The Dubai Mall, Dubai Aquarium to the vast array of restaurants to suit every culinary desire, join us for a full day of discovery and delights.

Book a Burj Dubai view room or a suite during 3rd – 5th January and avail of the following:
Complimentary access to Dubai Ice Rink, Dubai Aquarium or Underwater Zoo
15% discount on the best available rate for stays of 3 nights

Some nice pics too: http://www.theaddress.com/en/special...i-inauguration
To late, all rooms on Fountain and Burj view are gone
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #23062
apxitektop

Likes (Received): 35

I HAVE the Burj Dubai!

Burj Dubai situated in Ukraine, Ivano-Frankіvsk!
His real height -1692 mm. (scale 1/500). It's foam plastic and paint.

Last edited by apxitektop; December 24th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
apxitektop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:53 PM   #23063
LittleDreamer

Likes (Received): 1

wow well done. whats the material you built BD?
LittleDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #23064
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 332

Gerald - Hey you still using a Tift-Shift for those four shots you posted today? They look nicely composed!

Also, for that long vantagepoint of workers readying the grounds (which look stunning btw thanks to the Mark II ), do you mean the gentleman with the Nikon gear to the very far right or is there someone else I missed.

Reminds me of pikmin building a large object, heh...
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #23065
WiGgLz01
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by apxitektop View Post
I HAVE the Burj Dubai!

Burj Dubai situated in Ukraine, Ivano-Frankіvsk!
His real height -1692 mm. (scale 1/500)
is that...paper? could you please post diagrams/parts sheets in the scale models section if you have them?
WiGgLz01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #23066
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

very nice apxitektop!
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #23067
Monkey9000
£€$$ is more

Likes (Received): 340

Looks like a Foam model.
Monkey9000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #23068
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

[IMG]http://i50.************/2gwhqte.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.************/n2n776.jpg[/IMG]
http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/...ec-24-1.557439
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:27 AM   #23069
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
Gerald - Hey you still using a Tift-Shift for those four shots you posted today? They look nicely composed!
Cheerrs. All shots taken with the 17mm TS-E.
Quote:
Also, for that long vantagepoint of workers readying the grounds (which look stunning btw thanks to the Mark II ), do you mean the gentleman with the Nikon gear to the very far right or is there someone else I missed.

Reminds me of pikmin building a large object, heh...
There's a chap a little to the left of him just about to go past the boards advertising the fountain (they're put a the point where the public isn't allowed past).

Black t-shirt, whitish cropped trousers, backpack, blue bag under right arm, sunnies & very short hair.

These are the guys who are putting together the opening show:

gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #23070
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1079

If Dubai would fill the space between skyscrapers with the sort of lowrise architecture in that picture it would be a much more livable place.
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #23071
gerald.d

Old December 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #23072
VRS

Likes (Received): 11688

looks they are very tired....sleep at anywhere..
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #23073
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Hey Gerald, thanks very much for pointing that out in the crop. I hadn't caught that but hey, it'd make sense that more media and photographers would hang around that area now with the opening imminent.

Oh and yeah didn't know the other guy was a photograher at all as he doesn't have gear out. But yeah, found him near the three-column lower level at the same elevation as our Nikon friend, just 50' or so left of him.

Guessing you have a 100-400L then and not a 400 prime? Either way, stunning work and trust me, I'd love to be in your same position getting to use the 5D II there.

Last edited by The-Real-Link; December 24th, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old December 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #23074
Destroyed007
This space is for sale

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I'd love to be in your same position getting to use the 5D II there.
5D Mark IIs are like the top notch of any DSLRs on the market. No matter how far you are from the subject and then zooming it in very close, you'll still get lossless, non-pixalised quality. Most of the guys on the other site sure thinks that this is one "unthinkable" words to describe this camera. Price may be rough but that's what you get for it.

BTW, willing to see the bird's eye view of the fully expanded lake in some next pics.
Destroyed007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #23075
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyed007 View Post
5D Mark IIs are like the top notch of any DSLRs on the market. No matter how far you are from the subject and then zooming it in very close, you'll still get lossless, non-pixalised quality. Most of the guys on the other site sure thinks that this is one "unthinkable" words to describe this camera. Price may be rough but that's what you get for it.

BTW, willing to see the bird's eye view of the fully expanded lake in some next pics.
Ah yeah can't agree with you more on that! I shoot professionally with one; I'm just saying I'd love to be THERE since I'm also a skyscraper enthusiast! I can imagine most people find it amazing there as well as here. I just don't hae a 400mm lens yet heh.
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #23076
gerald.d

Quote:
Hey Gerald, thanks very much for pointing that out in the crop. I hadn't caught that but hey, it'd make sense that more media and photographers would hang around that area now with the opening imminent.

Oh and yeah didn't know the other guy was a photograher at all as he doesn't have gear out. But yeah, found him near the three-column lower level at the same elevation as our Nikon friend, just 50' or so left of him.

Guessing you have a 100-400L then and not a 400 prime? Either way, stunning work and trust me, I'd love to be in your same position getting to use the 5D II there.
Yup - I've got the 100-400L. Would love to have the 400 2.8, but it's a bit expensive!
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #23077
DocShergar
He's a beauty!

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
4 shots from today's walkaround:

Wow are you serious gerald??

Gotta say i've been busy and not visited this site for a while.
Those pics made the Burj look like a render. Truely stunning!!

Thanks for posting.

Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #23078
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

I'm bored of this building now... ON TO THE NEXT TALLEST!!!!

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #23079
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Thursday, December 24, 2009

برج دبي بالأرقام , Burj Dubai by numbers

[IMG]http://i45.************/24ymoti.jpg[/IMG]

برج دبي بالأرقام

دبي، 24 ديسمبر 2009: يشهد يوم 4 يناير المقبل الافتتاح المرتقب لـ"برج دبي"، أطول ناطحة سحاب في العالم، برعاية كريمة من صاحب السمو الشيخ محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم، نائب رئيس الدولة رئيس مجلس الوزراء حاكم دبي. وسيحطم "برج دبي"، الذي طورته شركة "إعمار العقارية"، العديد من الأرقام القياسية في مختلف المجالات.

وسينظر البعض إلى "برج دبي" بوصفه تحفة معمارية ذات جماليات استثنائية، في حين سيندهش البعض الآخر من حجم الإنجازات المحققة على المستوى الهندسي والإنشائي للبرج، وستتدفق أعداد لا تحصى من الزوار إلى شرفة المراقبة "قمة البرج، برج دبي"، للتمتع بإطلالات ساحرة وغير مسبوقة على مدينة دبي.

ويبلغ ارتفاع "برج دبي" أكثر من 800 متر، ويضم أكثر من 160 طابقاً، وفي ما يلي بعض الحقائق والأرقام حول أعلى مبنى شيده الإنسان على مر التاريخ:

• 95 كيلومتر– المسافة التي يمكن رؤية قمة البرج منها.
• 124 – رقم الطابق الذي تتواجد فيه شرفة "قمة البرج، برج دبي"، أعلى شرفة مراقبة مفتوحة للجمهور في كافة أنحاء العالم.
• 160- عدد الغرف والأجنحة الفندقية الفاخرة التي يضمها البرج.
• 605 أمتار- الارتفاع الذي وصلت إليه عملية ضخ الإسمنت، وهو رقم قياسي عالمي.
• 504 أمتار – المسافة التي يقطعها مصعد الخدمة الرئيسي في "برج دبي"، وهو أيضاً رقم قياسي عالمي.
• 49- عدد الطوابق المخصصة للمكاتب، منها 12 طابقاً في مبنى المكاتب الملحق بالبرج.
• 57- عدد المصاعد ضمن البرج.
• 1044- إجمالي عدد الشقق السكنية ضمن "برج دبي".
• 3000- عدد مواقف السيارات الموجودة تحت الأرض.

• 5500 كيلوجرام- وزن الحمولة التي يستوعبها مصعد الخدمة الرئيسي في البرج.
• 31400 طن متري من القضبان الفولاذية المستخدمة في هيكل "برج دبي".
• 28261- عدد الألواح الزجاجية المستخدمة في تنفيذ الواجهة الخارجية لـ"برج دبي" والمبنيين الملحقين به.
• 15000 لتر- كمية المياه التي يمكن تجميعها من معدات التبريد في البرج بغرض إعادة استخدامها في ري الحدائق.
• 900 قدم- طول نوافير "دبي فاونتن"، أكبر النوافير المجاورة للبرج وأطول النوافير الاستعراضية في العالم.
• 19 هكتار- مساحة الحدائق المحيطة بقاعدة البرج.
• 12000- عدد العمال الذين تواجدوا في موقع العمل خلال فترة ذروة تنفيذ الأعمال الإنشائية.

Bigger pic and more info here:

http://imresolt.blogspot.com/2009/12...y-numbers.html

(sorry for the Arabic, I got only this now)
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #23080
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Translated by google translate:

Burj Dubai in Figures

Dubai, December 24, 2009: witness on Jan. 4 the forthcoming opening of the "Burj Dubai", the tallest skyscraper in the world, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. Will break the "Burj Dubai", which was developed by the company "Emaar Properties", many of the indices in the various fields.

Will be considered by some to "Burj Dubai" as an architectural masterpiece with exceptional aesthetics, while others surprised the size of the achievements in engineering and construction of the tower, and the flow of countless visitors to the gazebo, "top of the tower, the Burj Dubai ", to enjoy the stunning views and non - preceded by the city of Dubai.

The rise in the "Burj Dubai" more than 800 meters, and includes more than 160 floors, here are some facts and figures on the top of a building built on human history:

• 95 kilometers - the distance you can see the top of the tower of them.
• 124 - Number floor balcony where you are "top of the tower, Burj Dubai", the highest observation deck open to the public in all parts of the world.
• 160 - number of rooms and luxury suites comprising the tower.
• 605 meters - the height of the reached by the process of pumping cement, a world record.
• 504 meters - the distance traveled by the main elevator service in the "Burj Dubai", which is also a world record.
• 49 - number of floors for offices, including 12-storey building in the extension office tower.
• 57 - number of elevators within the tower.
• 1044 - total number of residential apartments within the "Burj Dubai".
• 3000 - the number of parking underground.

• 5500 kg - the weight of the load absorbed by the service elevator in the main tower.
• 31400 metric tons of steel bars used in the structure of the "Burj Dubai".
• 28261 - the number of glass panels used in the implementation of the external interface for the "Burj Dubai" and the buildings attached to it.
• 15000 liters - the amount of water that can be collected from refrigeration equipment in the tower to be reused to irrigate gardens.
• 900 feet - the length of fountains "Dubai Fountain", the largest fountains adjacent to the tower, the tallest fountains in the review of the world.
• 19 hectares - an area of gardens surrounding the base of the tower.
• 12000 - the number of workers who were in the work site during the peak period of the implementation of construction works.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae