daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #26021
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Thanks Fury, good job , I already downloaded .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post
Very nice. I recon this is information is complete enough to build rudimentary a virtual 3d model? The Burj is impossible to understand from photos, I definitely want to give it a shot.
Thanks guys.
Sir - the info is accurate - confirmed by people in the know. My tier methodology will allow you to get the tiers and setbacks correct. It is kinda hard to follow for those not as familiar with the structure as I am but it is difficult to describe.

__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #26022
italiano_pellicano
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles , US / Cancun , MX
Posts: 16,687
Likes (Received): 2010

my time lapse of the burj dubai burj khalifa inauguration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdsgIweRO3g
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #26023
italiano_pellicano
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles , US / Cancun , MX
Posts: 16,687
Likes (Received): 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by andru04499 View Post
image hosted on flickr
very nice photo
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #26024
CULWULLA
Registered User
 
CULWULLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 62,966
Likes (Received): 10313

thanks for info sir and fury. ill have to update my diagram'
__________________
Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2020.. https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #26025
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,317
Likes (Received): 24

[IMG]http://i46.************/11k9yz4.jpg[/IMG]
7.30 This morning.
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #26026
Ins0mniaC
WWW.SA-C.NET
 
Ins0mniaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 1,482
Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by andru04499 View Post
image hosted on flickr
wow
__________________
Ins0mniaC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #26027
Abdy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dinan (Britain, France)
Posts: 190
Likes (Received): 4

Yes Culwulla, I'm waiting for your new diagram. Can you make another one for Marina Towers ? And one for the others supertall towers in Dubai ?
Abdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #26028
iam_umer
Registered User
 
iam_umer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

really nice
__________________
http://************/r/2055pjr/3
iam_umer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #26029
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire
 
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Madinah - Lahore
Posts: 15,474
Likes (Received): 6193

Amazing.......
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #26030
Abdy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dinan (Britain, France)
Posts: 190
Likes (Received): 4

It is said that Nakheel Tower is cancelled :

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...4013&page=1302
Abdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #26031
Guest89
----SSC ®----
 
Guest89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,136
Likes (Received): 36

You provided a link to this thread. For now it is on hold according to Emporis.

But even if on hold for a while, we can still enjoy Burj Khalifa for some time to come.
__________________
"Noble life demands a noble architecture for noble uses of noble men.
Lack of culture means what it has always meant:
ignoble civilization and therefore imminent downfall.
"

-Frank Lloyd Wright-
Guest89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #26032
Library User
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 130
Likes (Received): 1

probably two issues causing delays/closures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
If, as is likely that, problems with the OB- elevators caused closure of the OB-deck - this would not be what causes the delay with opening the hotel.

The OB- lifts affect anything from level 112 and up, as they would not want to operate with only one elevator working for any significant length of time - in case anything happened to that lift.

The hotel does not involve any of these express lifts as it and the Armani residences only cover up to level 39. Thus, the hotel delay is probably caused by another problem or issue.

Another possibility is that the February 6 failure brought to light a necessary modification to all of the Burj tower elevators - one that needs to be done before any of the Burj facilities can be opened.

Maybe part of what's needed is to reduce the amount of traffic on those lifts, at least temporarily till all the problems are fixed - or else find a way to increase the capacity of the lifts.

Some time ago, the capacity was described as being up to 21 people per lift deck - now it's 12 to 14 people. Are they smaller than first believed ?

Let's hope that someone who knows what is happening with this will tell us what is going on, at least in some measure of truth.

It's not just maintenance.

Does Fury know anything ? - or anyone else ?

Thank you
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #26033
TXSkyWatcher
Registered User
 
TXSkyWatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Terrell...30 miles east of Dallas
Posts: 659
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
7.30 This morning.
SWEET SHOT!!!!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #26034
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,317
Likes (Received): 24

Absolutely Gutted, left my new 550d and 350d at the office.

Only had my old nokia e90 phone camera, saw some images taked at 7 - 7.30, they where amazing. Will try and get a few off site staff.

Here's my e90 pic

[IMG]http://i41.************/v6utn6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.************/6fqkc6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/rgz0is.jpg[/IMG]

Its great to have good cameras, but it shows how useful a back up camera is, I shall upload the video from my video camera to youtube tomorrow.
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px

Last edited by 234sale; March 10th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #26035
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.
 
Dubai_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 3,524
Likes (Received): 2468

234Sale, its almost a 100% chance Fog will be there again tomorrow morning , so put the cameras in the car once you get back home from work today
__________________
01-09-2016 (Day one towards saving for my future home) I Wonder how long it will take...(2.1%) - 8% on March 2018, wonder if I will make it
Dubai_Boy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #26036
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,832
Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post
If, as is likely that, problems with the OB- elevators caused closure of the OB-deck - this would not be what causes the delay with opening the hotel.

The OB- lifts affect anything from level 112 and up, as they would not want to operate with only one elevator working for any significant length of time - in case anything happened to that lift.

The hotel does not involve any of these express lifts as it and the Armani residences only cover up to level 39. Thus, the hotel delay is probably caused by another problem or issue.

Another possibility is that the February 6 failure brought to light a necessary modification to all of the Burj tower elevators - one that needs to be done before any of the Burj facilities can be opened.

Maybe part of what's needed is to reduce the amount of traffic on those lifts, at least temporarily till all the problems are fixed - or else find a way to increase the capacity of the lifts.

Some time ago, the capacity was described as being up to 21 people per lift deck - now it's 12 to 14 people. Are they smaller than first believed ?

Let's hope that someone who knows what is happening with this will tell us what is going on, at least in some measure of truth.

It's not just maintenance.

Does Fury know anything ? - or anyone else ?

Thank you
The observation deck lift that went kaboom is a dedicated one and serves ONLY the deck. It has absolutely no effect on the rest of the tower.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #26037
gerald.d
Registered User
 
gerald.d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,343
Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
Absolutely Gutted, left my new 550d and 350d at the office.

Only had my old nokia e90 phone camera, saw some images taked at 7 - 7.30, they where amazing. Will try and get a few off site staff.

Here's my e90 pic
Incredible. :beer:
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #26038
Guest89
----SSC ®----
 
Guest89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,136
Likes (Received): 36

Burj Dubai Photos

Here are some from today:

10/March/2010 - Burj Khalifa

[IMG]http://i41.************/2ui83ye.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.************/35kveo5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/qyygz4.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
"Noble life demands a noble architecture for noble uses of noble men.
Lack of culture means what it has always meant:
ignoble civilization and therefore imminent downfall.
"

-Frank Lloyd Wright-

Last edited by Guest89; March 10th, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Guest89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #26039
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,317
Likes (Received): 24

[IMG]http://i43.************/e8v14o.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #26040
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.
 
Dubai_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 3,524
Likes (Received): 2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy View Post
234Sale, its almost a 100% chance Fog will be there again tomorrow morning , so put the cameras in the car once you get back home from work today
__________________
01-09-2016 (Day one towards saving for my future home) I Wonder how long it will take...(2.1%) - 8% on March 2018, wonder if I will make it
Dubai_Boy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium