daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #26441
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Real or not real, it's possible to take that picture. Mornings with such a low and thick fog are common in the first three months of the year.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #26442
boss-ton

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Why not?
Warum nicht?
Perche no?
Pse jo?

[IMG]http://i44.************/qnp5wh.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/2465deh.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/8xn692.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/wlwxh3.jpg[/IMG]
wowww as hard as i tried to imagine what it would all look like when its done I didnt imagine that.
boss-ton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #26443
GSydney

Likes (Received): 0

Amazing photos AltinD

I am visiting Dubai in June and will go up to the OD of Burj Khalifa but what I need to know is, when is the best time of the day/night to go up there?

I was initially planning on going in the afternoon but I have been advised that it is very difficult to see Palm Jumeirah etc in the afternoon and it is much better to go mid morning up to the OD.

Any feedback would be much appreciated
GSydney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #26444
AltinD
The Modecator

By June the possibilities of a clear day with good visibility are almost non-existent, but yeah morning would be better cause the sun will be shinning from the back of you
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #26445
Intamin
I have anacrophobia.

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS View Post
another unreal picture...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effer View Post
To be honest, that picture does not look real. It looks like a rendering to me. Hopefully, I'm proven wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
thats not real (wish it would be real) but anywayz nice render
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
Real or not real, it's possible to take that picture. Mornings with such a low and thick fog are common in the first three months of the year.
Haha, seriously? I posted it on here because it's a nice background/wallpaper for your computer if you want it--of course it isn't real, it's entirely done in Photoshop, just like everything he does on his website.

I do love all the responses though, lol.
Intamin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #26446
farodkhaledmossad

Likes (Received): 30

Well wonderfull HDR technique .

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-ton View Post
wowww as hard as i tried to imagine what it would all look like when its done I didnt imagine that.
farodkhaledmossad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #26447
farodkhaledmossad

Likes (Received): 30

please folks, research over HDR technique. it´s not unreal, basically it is a overlaying process with different light conditions of the same view in an incredible ultra still shooting position. From 3 pictures is possible to apply HDR, but more is desirable. Point-and-shoot and SLR DSLR equipments, since most of compact cameras doesn't let you lock focus and others adjusts required.

Burj Kalifa on that pictures is as great as it´s on site, cause hdr add depth enough to transform your perception.

Beyond that is taste, hating or not, let advanced photo techniques be operated without depreciation like it was unreal computer full aided designed.

Tks for posting, sharing and all comments in this thread, as big as BK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intamin View Post
Haha, seriously? I posted it on here because it's a nice background/wallpaper for your computer if you want it--of course it isn't real, it's entirely done in Photoshop, just like everything he does on his website.

I do love all the responses though, lol.
farodkhaledmossad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #26448
AltinD
The Modecator

To which "HDR picture" are you referring to? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't remember any such pic being posted recently.
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 11th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #26449
leogodoy

Likes (Received): 50

Unseen construction pic:

(From 9gag)
leogodoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #26450
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

All the more reason to visit Dubai.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #26451
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Ahhh yes ... - the naval piercing ... - someplace to hang the air freshener.

And another OT comment ...
I didn't notice my BK pic collection passed another milestone as I've been busy dloading all the new shots from Picasa (as well as my daily rounds). Should be caught up in another month or so I hope.

Back OT.
I wonder how the landscaping is coming along on all 3 podiums ? I would think at least the hotel side is nearing completion with the hotel opening in 9 or 10 days depending on which press release we go by.

The handovers for the Armani residences were to begin before the hotel opening and with the latest delay were to begin in April. Of course the press will be a week or 2 late in reporting as it does take time for the news to filter through to the outside world but I wonder if any handovers have begun ?

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:31 AM   #26452
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effer View Post
All the more reason to visit Dubai.
She needs to lose a few pounds though
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #26453
VRS

Likes (Received): 11521

looks like new tower 1000m height at dubai = shape tower like girl with bikini...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #26454
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #26455
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

This must be rant of the month on another forum (The weather thread).

Imre, note your fame again here, well done.
I wont mention the posters name, but obviously an individual with small ***** syndrome or tourettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town Resident
sunny intervals

Really? Because I mean, the last time it was actually sunny intervals and considering the climate of Dubai, I'd think it would be sunny intervals too. How many days a year do clouds scatter across the Dubai sky to require you to add "intervals" to your weather report? Are clouds held so dear in Dubai that their presence triggers announcements on forums around the world by residents wishing to express the spectacular news? I guess we've got such a big idea that Dubai is the cloudless capital of greed that such announcements are just another one of them situations where the perception does not reflect the reality. But considering how much hot air spout out of Dubai about the future that lies ahead, a few masses of condensed water vapour should really not be that much of a surprise. After all, the unsustainable nature of the vast majority of the construction projects that have either been completed, are on hold or still being constructed must produce an unnatural effect on the climate of Dubai and, in turn, add to the climate change being experienced around the world. No surprise then that Dubai's cloudless weather has suddenly turned into a flood of fluffs. Shit, for all we know it could actually rain in Dubai next week. What the **** are you going to do then? You'll be shitting more bricks than are being imported into the emirate for pretentious building projects that will never see the financial success once hoped. At least you'll be driving down the cost of materials in your local area and maybe even kickstart the stalled building boom!

However, rain in Dubai is never a good thing. We've seen the adverts on TV, the internet and likewise. We've seen Imre's stunning pictures of vast expanses of blue skies. So a cloud, let alone a ******* raindrop is going to destroy that image, isn't it? As a Dubai resident you must be very concerned about tourism into the area. Not only are you a Dubai resident, you're an Old Town resident - you've embraced the wave of construction projects that have fallen up on the desert sands. So how would you reflect a sudden drop of rain on your soil? You wouldn't. It'll be a cover up. Whilst trying to force that brick of shit that you've plonked in your Chinese-manufactured, Indian-installed toilet through the plastic pipes of your tacky apartment block, you'll be telling us that all is normal and that the situation is nothing more than "sunny intervals".

I have noticed that this post now consists of NO capital letters, compared to your previous post which used TWO capital letters which really does suggest that you're very cool with how you deliver your message. You're now in the comfort zone. Impervious to the rantings of others. Of course, however, you aren't dense. You're just thick skinned. You'll be quick to remind me that the only thing dense in Dubai is the skyline. Don't worry. I have been taught a lesson.

So long may you turn away from your computer screen now, put on your Turkish Gucci shade fakes that you bought at the local bazaar, because you support local business, turn to the sunshine, that is quite clearly not interrupted by the presence of fluffy things in the sky, and make the mother****ing most of it. Be sure to tell us what is "sunny intervals" again, fella. We're all on the edge of our seats.

The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences!

Please join and help!
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #26456
AltinD
The Modecator

The guy who wrotte that is definitelly American
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #26457
AltinD
The Modecator

I think this is the last set I'm going to post from my March 21st photo shoot

[IMG]http://i43.************/2krcap.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/2ecngv4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/mht7jb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.************/2ir281s.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/2z8ugbr.jpg[/IMG]
I can cheat you blind.

Old April 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #26458
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2674

Great pics!
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #26459
jak3m

Likes (Received): 4

Have we got any images of the inside of a lived in apartment yet? or the Armani suites?
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #26460
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
what is this bridge ? a vision ? an approved project ? where is it supposed to lead/link ? and when ?
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae