daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:41 PM   #27261
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

Photo from the very top:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/vi...nk_tw07212010a
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM   #27262
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi Chris.

At.mosphere is a restaurant located on level 122 of the BK. 122 also has a hotel club and a residents club.
So At.moshpere is the name of the restaurant which located in level 122. Thanks Fury for your helpful info
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:32 AM   #27263
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
Hi Gerald.
Thanks for the shot.
I dated it in Sept. 09.
Oldie but goodie.

Someone () needs to post a fairly recent vertical pano of the BK. Around 5000 by 1000 or 10000 by 2000 or so that can be dloaded. I used the giant render (~5000 by 1000) I have to make a poster size pic using 7 landscape printer pages taped together. Looks good and I don't have the print capability to make a large poster.
Thing is it is only a render. I have large pics that would work from various stages of construction but I want to make one with the cladding complete.

Hi Imre.
These rental rates are from an owner who bought from Emaar and are now renting out units ?
Any idea what levels they are renting ?
I may want one ...
No ... really I want to use this info as another marker as to what areas of the BK are completed.
But I really would like to have one ...

Last edited by Fury; July 22nd, 2010 at 05:22 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #27264
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Gerald.
Thanks for the shot.
I dated it in Sept. 09.
Oldie but goodie.

Someone () needs to post a fairly recent vertical pano of the BK. Around 5000 by 1000 or 10000 by 2000 or so that can be dloaded. I used the giant render (~5000 by 1000) I have to make a poster size pic using 7 landscape printer pages taped together. Looks good and I don't have the print capability to make a large poster.
Thing is it is only a render. I have large pics that would work from various stages of construction but I want to make one with the cladding complete.
Similar to this one you mean?

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/46101/

(That one's going to be printed out around 10 metres high and exhibited in a museum BTW.)

No new ones of that kind of quality for a few months - need to wait until summer's over.
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM   #27265
Old Town Resident
Sunny Intervals.

Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Gerald.
Thanks for the shot.
I dated it in Sept. 09.
Oldie but goodie.

Hi Imre.
These rental rates are from an owner who bought from Emaar and are now renting out units ?
I may want one ...
No ... really I want to use this info as another marker as to what areas of the BK are completed.

Rents are so cheap considering that the owner still has to pay the service charge at around 55 per sq.ft. thats of the rent of a 2 bedroom at say 1400 sq/ft AED 77k.

Not much of an investment I would say in the short term.
Old Town Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #27266
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:

Hi Imre.
I may want one ...

Hi Fury,

These prices from an real estate agency website (Bhomes).

No idea about the occupation in the future , honestly I wouldnt live an apartment where I cant open a windows and never get a fresh air just through the central AC..

I spent a week on the 62nd floor of the Baiyoke Sky Hotel,Bangkok, view was nice but the smell...
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 12:46 PM   #27267
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)

Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Live inside the Burj Khalifa!

Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest tower, is also the world's most prestigious building. Located at the core of Downtown Dubai, Burj Khalifa is a unique concept of creating a diverse lifestyle, comfortable living and lifestyle amenities amidst the buzz and excitement of city life. With the entirety of the development encasing a massive artificial lake, Downtown aims to provide tranquillity and urban living, in one place.

................ offers great rental rates at Burj Khalifa.

Rent:

Studios from AED 110,000 (more info)

1 BR from AED 195,000 (more info)

2 BR from AED 285,000 (more info)

Call us on .....................or email [email protected] for more info.
ouch !!!

but totally worth it

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 02:05 PM   #27268
Imre
Dubai

Emaar Properties records 122 per cent growth in half-year net operating profits to AED 1,656 million (US$ 451 million)

• Half-year 2010 revenue increases 59 per cent to AED 5.538 billion (US$ 1.508 billion)
• Second-quarter net operating profit is AED 896 million (US$ 244 million) and revenue is AED 2,652 million (US$ 722 million)
• Highlight of the quarter is opening of Armani Hotel Dubai, setting new standards in global hospitality

Dubai, UAE; July 22, 2010: Marking significant gains in the company’s comparative financial performance over year 2009, Emaar Properties PJSC recorded half-year 2010 net operating profits of AED 1,656 million (US$ 451 million).

This corresponds to a 122 per cent growth over the half-year 2009 results, underscoring the effectiveness of Emaar’s strategy to focus on its core competency of value creation by building premium real estate master-developments in key geographic markets.

The revenue for the first six months of the year was AED 5.538 billion (US$ 1.508 billion), recording a growth of 59 per cent over half-year 2009 revenue of AED 3.481 billion (US$ 948 million).

Net operating profit for the second quarter ended 30 June, 2010 was AED 896 million (US$ 244 million), 18 per cent higher than the first-quarter 2010 net operating profit of AED 760 million (US$ 207 million). The net profit subsequent to considering the non business charges for the quarter is AED 802 million (US$ 218 million), a 6 per cent increase over the first quarter of the year.

Revenue for the second quarter recorded a growth of 37 per cent over second quarter 2009 revenue of AED 1.940 billion (US$ 528 million).

The highlight of second quarter 2010 was the opening of the world’s first Armani Hotel in Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. In addition, the handover of units in Burj Khalifa started during the quarter with approximately 24 per cent handed over until June end.

In the process of implementing the strategy of concentrating on its core business, Emaar transferred the Hamptons International business in the UK, Europe and Asia to Countrywide at a consideration, which was similar to the purchase value of the business (in Sterling terms) it acquired in 2006. In addition, the Hamptons agency’s business in Middle East and North Africa was retained by Emaar to support its key geographic markets. The company also decided to transfer the management of Emaar Education’s schools in the UAE to Innoventures Educational Investments, a Dubai based premium education provider.

Mr Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman, Emaar Properties, said: “Over the past months, Emaar has undertaken a series of strategic initiatives to focus on value creation for our stakeholders. Our emphasis now is on strengthening our core competency of developing premium real estate projects, and building on our assets in promising emerging markets. This concerted approach has resulted in further strengthening our financial fundamentals, despite the challenges of the global financial climate.”

Mr Alabbar said that Emaar’s revenue model has effectively diversified with an increasing share from the rental & hospitality operations over the past year, a trend reflected in the half-year 2010 results.

More info and original pic here:

http://imresolt.blogspot.com/2010/07...-per-cent.html
Old July 22nd, 2010, 05:36 PM   #27269
TMZ
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Emaar Properties records 122 per cent growth in half-year net operating profits to AED 1,656 million (US$ 451 million)

• Half-year 2010 revenue increases 59 per cent to AED 5.538 billion (US$ 1.508 billion)
• Second-quarter net operating profit is AED 896 million (US$ 244 million) and revenue is AED 2,652 million (US$ 722 million)
• Highlight of the quarter is opening of Armani Hotel Dubai, setting new standards in global hospitality

Dubai, UAE; July 22, 2010: Marking significant gains in the company’s comparative financial performance over year 2009, Emaar Properties PJSC recorded half-year 2010 net operating profits of AED 1,656 million (US$ 451 million).

This corresponds to a 122 per cent growth over the half-year 2009 results, underscoring the effectiveness of Emaar’s strategy to focus on its core competency of value creation by building premium real estate master-developments in key geographic markets.

The revenue for the first six months of the year was AED 5.538 billion (US$ 1.508 billion), recording a growth of 59 per cent over half-year 2009 revenue of AED 3.481 billion (US$ 948 million).

Net operating profit for the second quarter ended 30 June, 2010 was AED 896 million (US$ 244 million), 18 per cent higher than the first-quarter 2010 net operating profit of AED 760 million (US$ 207 million). The net profit subsequent to considering the non business charges for the quarter is AED 802 million (US$ 218 million), a 6 per cent increase over the first quarter of the year.

Revenue for the second quarter recorded a growth of 37 per cent over second quarter 2009 revenue of AED 1.940 billion (US$ 528 million).

The highlight of second quarter 2010 was the opening of the world’s first Armani Hotel in Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. In addition, the handover of units in Burj Khalifa started during the quarter with approximately 24 per cent handed over until June end.

In the process of implementing the strategy of concentrating on its core business, Emaar transferred the Hamptons International business in the UK, Europe and Asia to Countrywide at a consideration, which was similar to the purchase value of the business (in Sterling terms) it acquired in 2006. In addition, the Hamptons agency’s business in Middle East and North Africa was retained by Emaar to support its key geographic markets. The company also decided to transfer the management of Emaar Education’s schools in the UAE to Innoventures Educational Investments, a Dubai based premium education provider.

Mr Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman, Emaar Properties, said: “Over the past months, Emaar has undertaken a series of strategic initiatives to focus on value creation for our stakeholders. Our emphasis now is on strengthening our core competency of developing premium real estate projects, and building on our assets in promising emerging markets. This concerted approach has resulted in further strengthening our financial fundamentals, despite the challenges of the global financial climate.”

Mr Alabbar said that Emaar’s revenue model has effectively diversified with an increasing share from the rental & hospitality operations over the past year, a trend reflected in the half-year 2010 results.

More info and original pic here:

http://imresolt.blogspot.com/2010/07...-per-cent.html

I guess Emmar must have cut back allot on spending money on prostitution, now they have some profit. good work camel jockeys.
TMZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:11 PM   #27270
isicman

Likes (Received): 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post
Any news about the restaurant planned for L122 ? It was to be called
"At.mosphere" -- weird spelling

Is it part of the hotel ? There's been no news lately.
How do people get there ? Lower deck OB-lift to 123, then what ??

Also does anyone have any recent photos/vids of any of the public places in the BK - lifts, lobbies, shops and stores etc. etc.-- they have been open now for nearly 3 months one would think this is almost old news now.

Have any movies or TV shows been filmed there yet ?

Any news - please and thank you
You can go from Level 123 to level 122 either:
by stairs (which you can see on 234sale's night pano)
by lift (the same linking Boutique Offices 113 & 114 to the transfer level 123)
isicman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM   #27271
Dequal
Architect

Likes (Received): 503

Anything new about the Burj Khalifa Opus? After more than 5 months still no sign of any release on their website...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM   #27272
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240486

Quote:
Studios from AED 110,000 (more info)

1 BR from AED 195,000 (more info)

2 BR from AED 285,000 (more info)[/B]
I converted AED prices to Euros; the prices (even for studios) are little expensive (almost 23310 Euros)
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM   #27273
HJ

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
I converted AED prices to Euros; the prices (even for studios) are little expensive (almost 23310 Euros)
Is this per month???
HJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:43 AM   #27274
fordgtman1992
Oregonian at heart

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
1 Bedroom is $53,090 USD
fordgtman1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 04:00 AM   #27275
Eli case
skyscrapersrock!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgtman1992 View Post
1 Bedroom is $53,090 USD
that is a lot of money who could afford that that is a ton of money

Eli case no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 04:26 AM   #27276
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
Similar to this one you mean?

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/46101/

(That one's going to be printed out around 10 metres high and exhibited in a museum BTW.)

No new ones of that kind of quality for a few months - need to wait until summer's over.
Hi Gerald.
Nice - I already have that one in my faves.
Cool to hear a giant version is going in a museum - good on ya.
I am looking for one 5k by 1k or 10k by 2k that can be dloaded so I can make a homemade poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town Resident View Post
Rents are so cheap considering that the owner still has to pay the service charge at around 55 per sq.ft. thats of the rent of a 2 bedroom at say 1400 sq/ft AED 77k.

Not much of an investment I would say in the short term.
Hi OTR.
Thanks for the info.
Seems a bit high for service charges - no ? (what do I know ... )

Quote:
Hi Fury,

These prices from an real estate agency website (Bhomes).

No idea about the occupation in the future , honestly I wouldnt live an apartment where I cant open a windows and never get a fresh air just through the central AC..

I spent a week on the 62nd floor of the Baiyoke Sky Hotel,Bangkok, view was nice but the smell...
Hi Imre.
Yes I would want to be able to open a window also. I guess perhaps they were worried about a reverse stack effect if alot of windows were open at once ?
In Bankok they need to hang a thousand air fresheners in the central A/C unit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isicman View Post
You can go from Level 123 to level 122 either:
by stairs (which you can see on 234sale's night pano)
by lift (the same linking Boutique Offices 113 & 114 to the transfer level 123)
Hi isic.
Thanks for the info.
I looked closer at Sales pano - the stairs are obvious alright.
Not sure what I was thinking in my prev. post on the route to the At.mosphere restaurant ... Of course one would take the lower of the double decker OD elevator to 123 office skylobby then another elevator or the stairs down a level.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:08 AM   #27277
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Credit to: Awesomest1
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/...388a5e0e_b.jpg

large res - http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/...36d1a1ba_o.jpg

Credit to: jlmarts
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/...8e1b2b3c_b.jpg

Large res - http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/...252a66ff_o.jpg
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:22 AM   #27278
SNAEK
(I).(♥).(KSA)

Likes (Received): 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli case View Post
that is a lot of money who could afford that that is a ton of money

dont worry about hows gonna take it

there r so many people hows like to spend their money on the 5 stars life

about my just

=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Economic City
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
King Abdullah Financial District
=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=★=
My Favorite Cities
Riyadh Vancouver Dubai Jeddah Tokyo Toronto Bogotá Seoul

SNAEK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:25 AM   #27279
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ View Post
Is this per month???
per year!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:29 AM   #27280
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequal View Post
Anything new about the Burj Khalifa Opus? After more than 5 months still no sign of any release on their website...
Probably still U/C , they had to change everything because of the name changing.

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae