daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #27301
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3400

When will that thread be moved to the archieve?

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #27302
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Hi Tom.
Should wait untill after completion - no ?

Hi Gerald.
Cool effect.
I have a half dozen or so of the same effect by various photogs over the years.
Very cool.

On another note - here is a link to Picasa - album by bhuvanesh.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bhuvaneshkamak.p

Shots of and from room 628 of the Armani hotel (level 6) and some from other areas also - taken 10 07 19.
The room looks good to me. Finish is great and the decor isn't opulent as one would expect from such a pricey hotel - rather minimalist as is the Armani way.
Not as many shots of the hotel out there as I would like (or expected) but I figured some would start hitting the net. Should be some from the residential and office areas when people (finally) start moving in.

Old July 25th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #27303
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi Tom.
Should wait untill after completion - no ?
The thread title say it`s completed.

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #27304
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Slow handovers said to weigh down Emaar

Angela Giuffrida | Last Updated: July 25. 2010 8:25PM UAE / July 25. 2010 4:25PM GMT

Blame it on the Burj. The slow delivery of homes in Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world, was the main drag on Emaar Properties’s profits for the second quarter.

The Dubai developer’s share price fell 3.56 per cent yesterday to Dh3.25 as investors responded to news that its net profit for the quarter came in at Dh802 million, as opposed to the Dh958m forecast by analysts.

“The reason for this is purely down to the slower than anticipated delivery of units in the Burj Khalifa,” said Chet Riley, an analyst at Nomura. While the Burj Khalifa opened in January, the process of handing over apartments only began in the second quarter, with 24 per cent of the units filled by the end of last month. The National reported in May that Emaar had moved to repossess homes of those buyers who were in default of their payments. “I don’t see any significant defaults coming from the Burj Khalifa,” added Mr Riley. “So those sales revenues will be recognised at some point this year, it’s just a question of timing.”

Nabil Ahmed, an analyst at Deutsche Bank, said despite investors’ disappointment, Emaar was still “in a relatively nice position”.

“If you look into details it doesn’t change anything,” Mr Ahmed said. “It really looks as if it’s just the timing of the units’ handover … there’s going to be more handovers in quarter three, so at the end of the day they’ll have the same revenues for 2010.” He said the onus was now on the successful completion of properties the developer sold in the past.

“They just have to make sure that they will also properly execute projects in the other markets they are active in, which are fundamentally much sounder, such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan,” Mr Ahmed said. Emaar is also among the few stocks on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM) likely to attract institutional investors at the moment due to its large investment portfolio and comfortable balance sheet.

“It is the most liquid stock in DFM, so if you do see any flows coming into the market, you’ll see them going into Emaar,” Mr Riley said. >> The National
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #27305
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Green View Post
The thread title say it`s completed.
Hi Tom.
It should have been saying inaugurated since 10 01 04.
They are still working on at least 3 of the 6 areas.

Hi PG.
Nice to see your still around.
You always find the good articles.
So they are now saying 24 % of the units "filled". An interesting choice of words that doesn't mean occupied by any means ...
Anyway if the Armani residences (levels 9 - 16) and the Hotel residences (levels 19 - 37) are only half filled, that is 25 % of the units. Meaning the residence and luxury residence areas that are almost fully lit up at night right now probably are still being worked on.

Here is a shot from Picasa - Nelson - 10 05 28

Click for much larger.

This is the best shot I've seen showing the office podium (podium zone A)taken from the OD walkway. Definitely looking fully completed but the reason I post this is because it shows the water sculpture so clearly.
This sculpture is THE reason the CTBUH starts all 3 of their official measurements from level B1. A measure that is "taken from the lowest significant open air pedestrian entrance".

The office podium is on the Concourse level. There are 2 main entrances to the office lobby - one on this concourse level and the other down on level B1 (4 meters below) where people take an escalator up to the lobby. Level B1 is a basement level mainly used for parking but because this sculpture rests on B1 and sticks up through the large hole in the concourse level podium, B1 fits the "open air" criteria.

An interesting solution that adds 4 more meters to the official measurement (on top of the 6 the concourse levels adds to the construction plans measure). Old news to most here, but for any new guys interested.

Old July 26th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #27306
gerald.d

Likes (Received): 44

Does anyone have photographs that clearly show the final terrace/tier? I'm assuming it's accessible?
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #27307
Library User

Likes (Received): 1

This one is for Fury

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi isic.
Thanks for the info.
I looked closer at Sales pano - the stairs are obvious alright.
Not sure what I was thinking in my prev. post on the route to the At.mosphere restaurant ... Of course one would take the lower of the double decker OD elevator to 123 office skylobby then another elevator or the stairs down a level.

OK . Obviously, the stairway from L123 to L122 is very visible - the lights are on - on these levels and work is in progress. To be visible, the stairs must be right up against the exterior wall at L122-L123 - and which direction does it face? Could be a scary view up there.

Is there a plan for L122 ? I think I've seen one long ago for L123, but it was a small copy and maybe has had changes.

Could we please see a plan for 122 and 123 if available ? - also a render of the stairs and restaurant if available. What's the useable floor area of L122 ?

Long ago, we saw a render of a high spiralling stairway - but no caption as to where it's located. Could it be this one ? The height would be 4.8 meters or about 16 feet.

Once the dining room opens, put a red carpet on that stairway, and maybe we could spot some movie stars or who-ever ???

Thank you
Library User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #27308
gerald.d

Whole load of scaffolding has gone up on the corner of the right hand side annex (as viewed from the Mall/Souk bridge. Not sure why, but I guess some snagging to do?
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #27309
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiddle View Post
I think Imre took photos of this pool (or one like it) while under construction a couple years ago...
The location of that pool in which floor, level is it?
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #27310
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
Does anyone have photographs that clearly show the final terrace/tier? I'm assuming it's accessible?
Quote:
Whole load of scaffolding has gone up on the corner of the right hand side annex (as viewed from the Mall/Souk bridge. Not sure why, but I guess some snagging to do?
Hi Gerald.

I'm assuming you mean tier 27 terrace. It is the highest terrace that is the start of tier 27 - above that tier 27 is the 2.1 meter dia. round pinnacle 1. Access is a hatch from inside the pinnacle. Only the platform on the top of the pinnacle is higher.
Here are some shots from Imre's visit on 09 12 31

It is the smallest terrace bottom right

The scaffolding is on what is now called the offices (14 levels)(referred to as the office annex during construction) ? Hmmm ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post
OK . Obviously, the stairway from L123 to L122 is very visible - the lights are on - on these levels and work is in progress. To be visible, the stairs must be right up against the exterior wall at L122-L123 - and which direction does it face? Could be a scary view up there.

Is there a plan for L122 ? I think I've seen one long ago for L123, but it was a small copy and maybe has had changes.

Could we please see a plan for 122 and 123 if available ? - also a render of the stairs and restaurant if available. What's the useable floor area of L122 ?

Long ago, we saw a render of a high spiralling stairway - but no caption as to where it's located. Could it be this one ? The height would be 4.8 meters or about 16 feet.

Once the dining room opens, put a red carpet on that stairway, and maybe we could spot some movie stars or who-ever ???

Thank you
Hi Library.

The stairs are on the office podium side - facing ~120 degrees.

Here is a drawing of tier 10 - level 113. The same tier and shape as 122 and 123. I only have 112, 113, and 114 of tier 10 (levels 112 - 123). I figured out the area of tier 12 which is the same area as the core of 122 - not counting the 2 large wings. It is 690 sq. m. (7430 sq. ft.). Therefore I would guestimate 122 at 1000 sq. m. This is of course the total gross area - including walls, shafts, etc.

The only render I have of a spiralling stairway is from one of the lobbies.

I hear ya on the idea of spotting some big wigs. Thing is we would need Sale to make another big night pano from the same side at the right time.
Still not sure if the At.mosphere is open right now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
The location of that pool in which floor, level is it?
Hi Chris.
I believe it is the one on level 76. The terrace is the start of tier 7 and faces SZR.

Last edited by Fury; July 27th, 2010 at 05:36 AM.
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #27311
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Quote:
Hi PG.
Nice to see your still around.
You always find the good articles.
So they are now saying 24 % of the units "filled". An interesting choice of words that doesn't mean occupied by any means ...
Anyway if the Armani residences (levels 9 - 16) and the Hotel residences (levels 19 - 37) are only half filled, that is 25 % of the units. Meaning the residence and luxury residence areas that are almost fully lit up at night right now probably are still being worked on.
Hi Fury,

Thanks. I'm actually a little surprised by how little photos/info there are coming out of the BK. There is some stuff, here and there, but nowhere near as much as I thought there might be since its inauguration. But yeah, for sure, they have to be still working on those levels I would imagine.
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #27312
gerald.d

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Gerald.

I'm assuming you mean tier 27 terrace. It is the highest terrace that is the start of tier 27 - above that tier 27 is the 2.1 meter dia. round pinnacle 1. Access is a hatch from inside the pinnacle. Only the platform on the top of the pinnacle is higher.
Thanks - looks pretty tight up there!
Quote:
The scaffolding is on what is now called the offices (14 levels)(referred to as the office annex during construction) ? Hmmm ...
Yup - that's the one.

My chair has arrived

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #27313
234sale

Likes (Received): 24

To those in Millenium tower, flash if you like gerald's gigapan...

All you need now is Moët, sit on the chair and look like a true bond villian / evil genius.

Last edited by 234sale; July 27th, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #27314
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
My chair has arrived

I'm not sure which of those two towers would be the biggest object of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
To those in Millenium tower, flash if you like gerald's gigapan...
They should ... and they very well could.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #27315
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Top 10 construction world record holders

[IMG]http://i30.************/zvzrrb.jpg[/IMG]
In full >> http://www.constructionweekonline.co...ecord-holders/

Always liked this photo
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #27316
isicman

Likes (Received): 570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library User View Post

Thank you
There's scary pictures:

Taken in october 2008 from a loading platform at 400m
You can see the hoist (external elevator for construction) below.

Quote:
Hi all.

Hi Library.

The stairs are on the office podium side - facing ~120 degrees.

Here is a drawing of tier 10 - level 113. The same tier and shape as 122 and 123. I only have 112, 113, and 114 of tier 10 (levels 112 - 123). I figured out the area of tier 12 which is the same area as the core of 122 - not counting the 2 large wings. It is 690 sq. m. (7430 sq. ft.). Therefore I would guestimate 122 at 1000 sq. m. This is of course the total gross area - including walls, shafts, etc.

The only render I have of a spiralling stairway is from one of the lobbies.

I hear ya on the idea of spotting some big wigs. Thing is we would need Sale to make another big night pano from the same side at the right time.
Still not sure if the At.mosphere is open right now ?

Hi

The actual adesign of interior space of Level 113 looks more like what you posted some pages ago for 114, with trapeze rooms.
isicman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #27317
lazzaro_HD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

*
lazzaro_HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #27318
fivefingers8
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

vibram fivefingers

Very good, and i hope you can post some phones , that will be better.
Thank you!
fivefingers8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #27319
hoangbachsell
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

nice

very nice
hoangbachsell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #27320
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 240728

Anyone of the local forumers here move in Burj Khalifa? I mean do you have rent or bought an apartment there?
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae