daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #27561
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,319
Likes (Received): 24

[IMG]http://i34.************/jfugaw.jpg[/IMG]

Gerald, got the tower crane for 2 days over Eid so we can do the that new gigapixel..

It will be taken down afterwards.
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #27562
boschb
boschb
 
boschb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Langley(Vancouver) BC
Posts: 716
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Thanks 234sale, that video above helps...
The all area of Burj Khalifa and Dubai will be great in few years
hasnt that project been cancelled for more that a year now?
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #27563
SSCaddict
Sagar
 
SSCaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 5,212
Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by boschb View Post
hasnt that project been cancelled for more that a year now?
nothing is cancelled in dubai my friend
SSCaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #27564
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Yes, no cancellations here, just indefinite postpones and project terminations.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:58 AM   #27565
gerald.d
Registered User
 
gerald.d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 2,343
Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post
[IMG]http://i34.************/jfugaw.jpg[/IMG]

Gerald, got the tower crane for 2 days over Eid so we can do the that new gigapixel..

It will be taken down afterwards.
Cool. Gonna go for quality not quantity I think.

Just the 5D and the 300. Maybe + the 1.4x at a push.
gerald.d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:09 AM   #27566
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBQuantum View Post
All models in Dubai are pre-crash!!!!!!!!
Hi DXB.

Any more word on handovers ?

__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:32 AM   #27567
DXBQuantum
Registered User
 
DXBQuantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: From - London, Work - Dubai, Ski - Colorado, Fly - New Zealand
Posts: 904
Likes (Received): 1

Hi Fury,

I know that around 30 owners have moved in, very very few tenants.

I think handovers are gaining speed they are up to around the 40th-50th floors now but still working on the lower floors where more work was needed.
__________________
>>BRING BACK SKY CITY 1000 AND X-SEED 4000<<

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci
DXBQuantum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:02 PM   #27568
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,319
Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234sale View Post


Next we build a glider, ;_)
Sorry but bump, were working on the next one for this weekend, stay tunned..
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:34 AM   #27569
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBQuantum View Post
Hi Fury,

I know that around 30 owners have moved in, very very few tenants.

I think handovers are gaining speed they are up to around the 40th-50th floors now but still working on the lower floors where more work was needed.
Hi DXB.

Thanks for the reply.
Good to know that there is some occupancy albeit a small percentage.
Also good to have some confirmation that there is still work going on.

It will probably be more guess than anything but I'm going to attempt to put a date on the completion of the whole of the works for a milestone list I've had going for years now. I will be relying on people like you because the press releases for this project leave something to be desired ...

Still a ways off I reckon ... - I had been figuring late 2010, but I am beginning to wonder if it will be into 2011.

__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM   #27570
Guccisale12337
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

good share.
Guccisale12337 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM   #27571
DXBQuantum
Registered User
 
DXBQuantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: From - London, Work - Dubai, Ski - Colorado, Fly - New Zealand
Posts: 904
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.



Hi DXB.

Thanks for the reply.
Good to know that there is some occupancy albeit a small percentage.
Also good to have some confirmation that there is still work going on.

It will probably be more guess than anything but I'm going to attempt to put a date on the completion of the whole of the works for a milestone list I've had going for years now. I will be relying on people like you because the press releases for this project leave something to be desired ...

Still a ways off I reckon ... - I had been figuring late 2010, but I am beginning to wonder if it will be into 2011.

It will be going into 2011 no doubt.

All the corporate offices haven't been touched, even though they are shell and core, I'm sure there is still work to be done, I would bet that all the lobby areas and everything else is not done.

Its all about perception with Emaar as long as the observation deck is open and the lights work on the front all tourists think its open, that's the main thing for them.

They have so many final payments pending... its a fortune but they still drag their feet.

__________________
>>BRING BACK SKY CITY 1000 AND X-SEED 4000<<

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci
DXBQuantum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM   #27572
jenny_leave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

replica watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
thank you for a new thread.. I asked for this couple of months ago but was shot down.

Thank you
thank you a new thread. i asked for this couple of months ago but was shot down replica watches
__________________
[乙] [网址] www.watchho.com [/网址] [/乙]
jenny_leave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:38 PM   #27573
Black Stone
Userless
 
Black Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere in Tropical Island
Posts: 101
Likes (Received): 3

if only i could sleep in Armani Hotel's room
__________________
Breaking Ties
Black Stone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:49 AM   #27574
Handbanana
Registered User
 
Handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 113
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_leave View Post
thank you a new thread. i asked for this couple of months ago but was shot down replica watches
Thats got to be one of the most interesting pieces of spam I've ever seen.
Handbanana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:00 AM   #27575
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBQuantum View Post
It will be going into 2011 no doubt.

All the corporate offices haven't been touched, even though they are shell and core, I'm sure there is still work to be done, I would bet that all the lobby areas and everything else is not done.

Its all about perception with Emaar as long as the observation deck is open and the lights work on the front all tourists think its open, that's the main thing for them.

They have so many final payments pending... its a fortune but they still drag their feet.

Hi DXB.

It is very unusual to have a big inauguration bash. Any other project I'm aware of has a construction completed / open for business ceremony.

I think after all the early completion dates being postponed repeatedly there was pressure to not postpone it again. An inauguration ceremony combined with the opening of the observation deck was their solution. The general public would look at it as a full opening ceremony without even thinking about the actual meaning of inauguration. In fact, many press agencies are still calling the whole project open for business. An acceptable solution I guess because they never did say it was fully open but still a little shady IMO.

Part and parcel to all the smoke and miirors surrounding this fantastic project. Gotta take the good with the bad I reckon ...

Anyway we know whats happenin' ..
Please keep us apprised on any new info you hear and hopefully we can approximate the completion date at least to the nearest month in 2011.

__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM   #27576
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,319
Likes (Received): 24



,, next I find something taller.
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM   #27577
AltinD
The Modecator
 
AltinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: TIRANA / Dubai / Vienna
Posts: 31,827
Likes (Received): 6071

Needs more duck tape



PS. Be careful, there are some very restrictive local regulations in place for flying/hoovering thingys. Having a video recording device attached to one make it even worse.
__________________
I am the eye in the sky, Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules, Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM   #27578
234sale
Registered User
 
234sale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai/Brighton
Posts: 8,319
Likes (Received): 24

Maybe I should stick to making Videos from the Dubai Mall Train..

[IMG]http://i55.************/2hxolj8.jpg[/IMG]




Have you seen this new illistration..

[IMG]http://i53.************/2uyow89.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
If you're interested in photography, find me here at
500px
234sale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM   #27579
rick123
Registered User
 
rick123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,258
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD View Post
PS. Be careful, there are some very restrictive local regulations in place for flying/hoovering thingys. Having a video recording device attached to one make it even worse.
Wanted to note something similar as a question. I liked UAE some days, but they are probably gone..
rick123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM   #27580
firoz bharmal
Registered User
 
firoz bharmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rajkot , Dubai.....
Posts: 3,207
Likes (Received): 2413

BD is best looking from Deira....can any one have latest from there....
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
adrian smith, burj dubai, burj khalifa, downtown, dubai, dubai tower, emaar, megatall, middle east, rascacielos, sarajevo construction, skyscraper, spire, tallest, uae

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu